main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] It's a Drabble! (12/31: "The Giving of Thanks" (Guardians of the Galaxy))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Admiral Drabblar, Jan 3, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] !!!!! Terrific - [face_mischief]

2. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: That Certain Feeling
    Fandom: Psych

Shawn amended his statement. "I'm almost completely certain."

Henry and Gus rolled their eyes in unison. "Let's cut the bull," said Henry. "On a scale of one to ten, how sure are you?"

Shawn made a show of hemming and hawing before admitting, "A nine, definitely. Maybe an eight. And falling."

Henry told him, "Let me know once it drops below a five."

"Why?" Gus asked.

Shawn grinned. "So he can smack me upside my head for ever doubting myself! Because you've known this whole time that Christopher Walken was in it!"

"Of course I knew! He played her brother!"

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] Excellent.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love Shawn :D

And oh, dear goodness, Barney :p

And the presidential debate ... that's one I'd be happy to watch! :D

5. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks, both of you. I just realized I'm a couple entries behind on the challenge. I'll try to get to them this week, but in the meantime, here's a drabble I prepared earlier.

Title: Waking with Dinosaurs
    Fandom: Arrested Development

"Tobias," Lindsay said, "that was just a dream you had." She yawned and rolled over, her back to him and to the lamp he had turned on.

"Lindsay, I think I know the difference between a dream and reality, and this was no dream. Somehow, I was transported back in time to when dinosaurs walked the Earth."

"Sounds like a dream to me," she replied.

"It was real!" he insisted. "I met actual living and breathing dinosaurs! And one of them sounded a lot like your mother."

She turned back around. "I was wrong. That sounds more like a nightmare."

6. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: And Then Zombies
    Fandom: Pinky and the Brain

The zombie hordes soon swarmed across much of the planet, forcing the remnants of humanity to mount a desperate rearguard defense as they struggled to avoid extinction. They were so busy just staying alive that nobody had the time to devote to figuring out what had gone wrong in the first place.

"Gee, Brain," said Pinky, "that didn't go according to plan, did it?"

The Brain peered nervously out through a gap in the slats nailed over the window. "Why are you worried? You're perfectly safe. Unlike some of us."

"Right, Brain. What do you want to do tomorrow night?"

7. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Fruit of the Poisoned Tree
    Fandom: Law & Order

"Are you familiar, Mr. McCoy, with the expression 'fruit of the poisoned tree'?" asked Judge Steinberg.

Jack knew where this was going. He gritted his teeth and nodded. "I've heard of the concept."

The judge leaned forward over his bench so that he was looking almost straight down at Jack. "In fact, you've heard that phrase from judges more often than any other Assistant District Attorney in this city. My clerk counted and made a presentation with charts and graphs and everything."

Jack said nothing.

"And you're about to hear it again. Everything from the privileged videotape onward is inadmissible!"

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific! McCoy rocks and cares more about justice than bootlicking judges' egoes. [face_laugh] =D=

9. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Two for the Dough
    Fandom: The Avengers

John Steed slowly pulled his head over the lip of the vat and smiled; Emma Peel had already climbed out and was sitting on the floor. She was now systematically pulling small globs of dough from her clothes and tossing them back toward him and into the vat.

Steed gripped the vat's edge tightly and finally pulled his legs completely out of the dough they'd been knocked into. Once free, he shot up and over, and he landed hard beside her.

He lay there, sprawled on his back, for a moment before he spoke. "Mrs. Peel," he quipped, "we're kneaded."

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh gezz, Brain WOULD start a zombie apocalypse.

11. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Patronus Envy
    Fandom: Harry Potter

Ron tried to remember the boy's name, but he wasn't even sure if the kid was in his first or second year at Hogwarts; he only knew he was a Ravenclaw from his clothes. "Right, uh, you, so what's your patronus supposed to be?"

"A raccoon of some kind?" the boy guessed.

A girl squealed, "It's a red panda cub!"

Ron started to point out that, as a patronus, it was white, but it was too late. A dozen students had stopped their own practice to see the panda.

"Congratulations," he said. "You're the most popular boy in your year."

Tarsier likes this.
  12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] He absolutely would be :p

13. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Cloud Computing
    Fandom: Sesame Street

Elmo was lying back on the steps of the stoop when Ernie stepped out and almost tripped over him. "Hey," said Ernie. "What's up?"

"Elmo's counting the clouds," Elmo explained.

Ernie followed his gaze up to the sky, where the morning's scattered white cumulus had merged into a single roiling sheet of gray.

"Elmo's up to one now." In the distance, lightning struck somewhere along the horizon. The clap of thunder followed a few seconds later.

"Perhaps you should get inside," Ernie suggested. "I don't know about you, but my label says 'Dry Clean Only'!"

Elmo checked his tag. "Ditto."

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Silly Elmo :p

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  16. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: The Ephemeral Fame
    Fandom: Iris Wildthyme

"You have to've heard of me, Chuck!" the old woman insisted. Liza wasn't sure why she'd called her that. "I'm famous, me!"

Liza folded her arms. "Are you a Real Housewife or something?"

"Don't be stupid! The very idea. "I'm Iris Wildthyme, lovie! Interdimensional adventuress! I've saved this planet more times than you've had hot dinners!"

"You don't say."

Iris shouted, "I bloomin' well do!"

"I might," Liza explained, "be able to procure a somewhat better table, but it could take a while. In the meantime, please wait at our bar."

"A bar! Take all the time you need, dearie!"

17. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Kaiju That Cares
    Fandom: Gamera

"But he's great with kids!" Toshi insisted. "He's famous for it! Do you want me to play the song, dear? I can play the song!"

Yuki replied, "Don't you dare! Everybody knows Gamera is a friend to all children, but that doesn't mean we should hire him as our babysitter! How would he even fit inside our apartment?"

"He wouldn't. We'd have to drop the kids off at his facility," explained Toshi. He handed her Gamera's brochure.

She handed it back seconds later. "We're not sending our kids into an active volcano. I'll ask my mother to watch them again."

18. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Sharpest Blade
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: Tenth

The Doctor got that goofy grin that annoyed Donna so much. "Oooh," he breathed, "that's clever. That's really, unbelievably clever!" He raised the sword and made some test swings.

Instinctively, Donna leaped back out of range. "Oi, watch it, sunshine! What's so clever about it, anyway?"

"It's not something about the sword! The sword itself is clever, literally! It's made of sapient metal!"

"Can it talk?" she asked.

"Well, no," he admitted. "It's a sword."

"So does it move, or form a psychic bond with the person using it?"

"No, it's a sword," he repeated.

"Then what's the point?"

"Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh..."

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] That's a good question at the end there ... 8-}

20. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Ignorance of the Law
    Fandom: Star Trek

"Captain James Tiberius Kirk," the voice intoned, "you have been found guilty of crimes against the Janololoan Empire!"

Kirk glanced over at Spock, who made the Vulcan equivalent of a light shrug, followed by an actual light shrug. Doctor McCoy's shrug wasn't light by any measure.

He turned back to face what he assumed was the front of the chamber. "I've never heard of the-"

"Janololoan," the voice supplied.

"Empire," finished Kirk.

"And that is the greatest of all your crimes!" The voice sounded rather less imposing and much whinier now. "Who are you to not know who we are?"

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Not as intimidating as he would like - more like um, Trelane I think was his name... Q was never whiny although much more mischievous [face_rofl]

22. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] And the poor guy was trying so hard, too. That was a great moment to work in a hundred words. =D=

23. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks so much.

Title: Look Back, Clyde Langer
    Fandom: The Sarah Jane Adventures

My name is Clyde Langer. I was born four hundred years ago, in the waning days of the twentieth century. I mean four hundred years ago based on the date, not that I've lived four hundred years. I mean, obviously, right? I was still a teenager when I got pulled into the future. I'm really not much over two hundred years old now.

This is what I remember about how I was pulled through time and how it made me effectively immortal. There was a big swirling green thing. It made whooshing noises.

Yeah, I thought there'd be more, too.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] You would think so. ;) =D=

25. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Hero's Digest
    Fandom: Ant Man

A reporter at the back of the crowd stood. "I have a question for Dr. Pym."

Before he could begin, Hank asked, "Is this going to be about our fight or about my powers?"

"The latter. When you change size, what about the food working its way through your digestive system? Does it change too?"

"It'd have to," Hank answered. "Otherwise, it would burst out of me any time I shrank."

"What about once it leaves your body? Does it return to its actual size? Can you get caught in a flood of your own urine?"

"So, about our fight."