main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] It's a Drabble! (12/31: "The Giving of Thanks" (Guardians of the Galaxy))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Admiral Drabblar, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: A Sweet Deal
    Fandom: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Flames rose up in front of the doorway and spread into the room, pushing everyone back. "Is there another way out?" Willow asked.

"You know," Xander said, "we could just walk through the fire."

He was about ready to sing when Buffy hissed, "One note, and I'll stake you."

Dawn pouted. "I like that song. I have it on my iPod."

"What?" yelled Buffy.

"Sweet's put literally thousands of songs up on iTunes," Dawn explained. "He's probably made like a million dollars."

"And you've supported him?" Willow wondered.

Dawn shrugged. "They're cool songs."

Xander asked, "Can we sue for royalties?"

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002

He was about ready to sing when Buffy hissed, "One note, and I'll stake you."

[face_laugh] Love it :D

3. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Should I Stay or Should I Go?
    Fandom: The Simpsons

Kang found Kodos near the aft container units, staring out through a tiny porthole. "Why aren't you using the larger viewing chamber at the bow?" he asked.

"I prefer the view back here when I want to think. What if, and I ask this hypothetically, we didn't go to visit the humans this year?"

"But it is tradition," insisted Kang, "to help them celebrate the holiday designated 'Halloween'! Is this because you got invited to that party at Danielle's?"

"So what if it is?" Kodos snapped. "When was the last time you were invited to anything by anyone actually cool?"

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  5. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: That Old Black Magic
    Fandom: Maverick

Maverick complained, "I know he's swindled us, and you know he's swindled us, and he sure as heck knows. But I can't figure out how he's done it, and you can't either, so the- You don't know how, right?"

Clara shrugged. "Black magic?"

"And you can't either, so the only one who knows how he did it is the man himself, and he's not here anymore."

"How do you know it wasn't magic?" she asked.

"Because there's no such thing."

The count finished his incantation and the stacks of cash appeared before him "None can stand before my powerful magics!"

6. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: And in the Darkness Bind Them
    Fandom: Babylon 5

Within seconds of the lights going out, Londo was screaming for Vir. After several minutes, he heard a muffled voice ask, "Ambassador, are you all right in there?"

"Do I sound like I'm all right? I'm standing in complete darkness unable to move!" He added, "Whatever is going on, I'm sure it's all your fault!"

"Everything's out in the whole sector," explained Vir.

"My point still stands!" Londo shouted.

After a moment's silence, Vir asked, "Uh, Londo? Why can't you move?"

"Because I wasn't paying attention," Londo answered, "and I don't know where I am in relation to my furniture!"

7. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Ill Logic
    Fandom: Star Trek

"Aye, sir," said the human first officer said before repeating the captain's orders to the crew. Once he had finished, he leaned in close to the captain and whispered, "Are you sure this is the logical course of action?"

The captain stood. "Does anyone else think my order is illogical?" she asked. Everyone on the bridge raised a hand. "Huh. The likes of Andorians, Tellarites, and humans presuming to tell a Vulcan what is or isn't logical."

A Ferengi ensign interjected, "Saying that was definitely illogical."

The captain started to respond, but stopped and pondered. And then she swore, loudly.

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] That was just too cute and clever. =D=

9. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Post-Integral Relaxation
    Fandom: Community

"Since when," demanded Annie, "has Greendale had a Japanese rock garden?" She'd left the science building by the rear exit and discovered this rock garden. And Pierce sitting in it.

He shrugged. "A couple years. I come here between calculus and crochet class."

She was still processing how she'd never seen this part of campus before when she realized what he'd said.

"Calculus?" she nearly yelled. "I can't find anything beyond basic arithmetic! How'd you get into calculus?"

"Technically," said Pierce, "it's Advanced Advanced Calculus. Even more technically, it's not a real course at all, but I've said too much."

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, it was. :D =D= =D= Wanna read about the romance between the Human first officer and the Vulcan captain [face_batting] [face_laugh] (Come on baby light my fire) [face_mischief]

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Of, Pierce :p

12. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks. I had a whole backstory in mind for the class, but there was no room.

Title: A Little Knight Music
    Fandom: Knight Rider

KITT lowered the radio's volume and declared, "Michael, you have the worst taste in music that it's ever been my displeasure to endure."

Michael grinned. "KITT, besides mine, how many other people's musical tastes have you had to 'endure'?"

Several seconds passed before KITT replied, "Bonnie's and Devin's. I admit that it may not be a very large sample, but of the three, yours is a very distant third."

"I'm shocked," feigned Michael. "Your opinions mirror those of your programmers." He reached out to turn the radio back up, but the dial suddenly retracted into the dashboard.

"Forget it, Michael."

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, is that a retro fandom =D= Love it. David Hasselhoff ;) ....

14. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Mutie Dearest
    Fandom: Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd grabbed the mutant by the collar and yanked him off the ground. "You're under arrest, mutie scum!"

"Um, excuse me, Mr. Judge, sir," said the second mutant, the one who hadn't taken a futile swing at Dredd, "but I'm Scum."

The one in his hands added, "I'm Filth."

"What?"

"Those are our names," Scum explained. "Filth and Scum. Our mother was a cruel woman."

"I don't care about your mother!" yelled Dredd.

Suddenly, every nerve in his body screamed, and he collapsed. "We could tell," said Filth. "If you had, you might've noticed her sneaking up on you."

15. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Where the Money Went
    Fandom: Maverick

Mr. Hardaker kneaded his hat as he said, "Mr. Maverick, I'm afraid the bank doesn't, uh, have the funds available for withdrawal at the moment."

"But I only deposited the thousand dollars last night," Beau told him. He already knew what had happened, but he was enjoying watching the banker squirm.

Hardaker hemmed and hawed and grunted for almost a minute before his first intelligible words. "I may have, well, gambled it away, slightly. I'm so sorry, Mr. Maverick. Hey, don't look at me like that!" he snapped. "We're none of us saints around here!"

Beau grinned. "Speak for yourself."

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  17. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Gently Used
    Fandom: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

It had begun with an advertisement in a Paris newspaper. Intrigued, I replied to the address provided, a postal box in the Azores. A fortnight later, I was asked to travel to one of the Irish shipbuilding towns. There, I was put into a cab up the coast to a remote cove, where I finally saw that the ad had, if anything, understated.

The seller, who wouldn't give his name, explained, "She's a research sub, primarily. Maybe a little under ten thousand leagues on the odometer."

I didn't believe him. This Nautilus had clearly traveled at least twice that many.

18. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: External Influences on Identity
    Fandom: Community

Dean Pelton removed his costume's wide collar, and this time he succeeded in banging his head against his desk. "Why can't we get any real celebrities to come speak at our commencement ceremonies?"

"Besides the complete lack of payment?" Jeff asked.

"Of course. Duh."

"There's the lack of prestige," Shirley added. "Greendale's the worst college in the state."

"Not true! We moved up a spot in this year's local higher education rankings!" The dean held up a magazine.

"Only because," explained Annie, "that driving school that killed those teenagers finally closed down. We're still last."

Troy wailed, "Doug's is gone?"

19. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Man Between
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: War

"Oi, geezer. You're on the wrong train," the young ruffian hissed, waving his tiny knife in a manner he clearly expected would intimidate.

In another time, another regeneration, the Doctor would have had some sport with this hooligan who'd tried to ambush him between the carriages. However, there was a war on and he had a Dalek agent to expose, so he grabbed the youth and flipped him over his shoulder and straight off the train.

He didn't bother to look back to see if the man survived. He just muttered, "If only," and entered the next carriage. "If only."

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh man I love Dean Pelton. But more than anything, I love Jeff :D

21. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Great job with the War Doctor. It was chilling to see him so callused and focused - with a sad resignation at the core of him, nonetheless. Well done. =D=

22. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: The Hofstadter Detachment
    Fandom: The Big Bang Theory

Howard reached out for Dr. Hofstadter's hand, but she pulled it away. "If you are here to comfort me, it would help me to know why. Has something happened to Leonard?"

Sheldon groused, "He's solved some of physics' biggest mysteries in one fell swoop."

"You could have shared that news with me over the phone."

"Dr. Hofstadter," Howard explained, "your son developed a working time machine and has traveled to the past. He could be up for a posthumous Nobel Prize for this."

"Posthumous?"

"He died in 1853," Sheldon explained.

She nodded. "I see. That was rather careless of him."

Tarsier likes this.
  23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Sheldon's just jealous he didn't get there first :p

24. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Stinson Syndrome
    Fandom: How I Met Your Mother

"Frankly, Barney," Ted said, "we've always figured you had to have at least three or four STDs."

Barney leaned back in his chair. "And that's where you'd be wrong. I've always been very careful. How was I supposed to anticipate-"

The doctor examined his chart. "Mr. Stinson, this is a disease that, until now, only affected insects."

"How do you sleep with a woman and fail to notice she's a huge bug?" asked Marshall.

Barney shrugged and started to set up his whiteboard and easel. "Our best guess right now is that Bug Girl was one of these twelve women."

25. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: A Few Words
    Fandom: Guardians of the Galaxy / Pokemon

The large arboreal being leaned forward and solemnly declared, "I am Groot."

The tiny yellow creature retorted, "Pika." It paused for a moment and elaborated, "Pikachu."

All eyes turned back to the tree. Calmly, he nodded. "I am Groot," he announced.

"Pika! Pika, pika, Pikachu!" snapped the Pokemon as it pointed angrily at Groot. "Pikachu!"

"I am Groot." He grinned toward the audience, and many in the crowd whooped and applauded.

"Pikachu?"

The moderator dutifully made a note and followed up with a question for both candidates about economic policy.

"I am Groot."

"Pikachu!"

"And that concludes this presidential debate."