main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] It's a Drabble! (12/31: "The Giving of Thanks" (Guardians of the Galaxy))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Admiral Drabblar, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Disembodied
    Fandom: The Office

"You have failed me for the last time!"

Startled, Michael looked up from his paperwork, but he was alone in his office. Even the camera crew was outside. "I said," the deep voice intoned again, "you've failed me for the last time, Michael Scott!"

"All right!" Michael yelled, jumping back out of his seat. "Who's doing this? Show yourself!"

David Wallace set down the microphone and laughed. Even now, he imagined, Michael would be freaking out, not knowing that the voice was coming from a hundred miles away. If only he had a way to see or hear that reaction.

2. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Under the Dome
    Fandom: Get Smart

"Chief," Max declared, "this calls for the Cone of Silence!"

The Chief shook his head. "No, it really doesn't."

"The regulations are clear. The Cone of Silence is required!"

"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you." The Chief flipped a switch, and the latest iteration of the Cone descended. It was still two small domes connected by electronics, but the usually transparent plastic had been replaced with opaque gray.

After a moment, Max said, "Chief, I can't see or hear you, and I don't know if you can hear me. If you can, knock once. If not, knock twice."

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Oh, Max :p And I love the troublesome cone making an apperance :D

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Classic! Totally Max. [face_laugh] ;)

5. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thank you.

Title: Here Comes the Son
    Fandom: The Avengers

The young man exhaled slowly. "There's no gentle way for me to tell you, so I'm just going to say it. I'm your son." He looked at Steed and Mrs. Peel in turn. "Yours. And yours."

"One would think I'd remember something like that," Steed quipped.

Emma added, "I'd certainly have noticed."

"I'm from the future!" the man said hastily. "It hasn't happened yet."

Emma and Steed turned to each other; Steed wiggled his eyebrows.

"Ew, no! One of you is my biological parent. The other's the surrogate who'll bear me."

Steed nodded. "I know which I hope I'll be."

6. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Onward and Howard
    Fandom: Red Dwarf

The figure vaulted down the short staircase and crossed over to Rimmer in two strides. "Arnold Judas Rimmer, as I live and breathe!"

"You do neither of those things," said Rimmer.

The figure asked, "Is that any way to talk to your favourite brother?"

"I hated Howard!"

The figure shrugged. "As much as the other two? Least unfavourite still counts."

Kryten continued to fold laundry as he listened to Rimmer's story. "What I don't get, Mister Rimmer, sir, is why you didn't call the creature out for addressing you by your full name."

"Why?" Rimmer wondered. "What's weird about that?"

7. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    A couple weeks ago, I was marathoning through most of the second season and into the third - which I still need to finish - and as I thought about one of the show's more famous plot holes, I started suspecting that maybe, instead, something like the below was afoot.

Title: The Mind Clouds
    Fandom: Wonder Woman

Steve entered the computer room but didn't immediately cross over to the interface. "Ira," he asked hesitantly, "do you mind if I bend your ear about something?"

"I have no ear, Major Trevor," the computer replied, "but I am a good listener. I can help, provided this is not about Diana Prince being Wonder Woman again."

"Diana's been kind of- what?" Steve gasped. "How can Diana be Wonder Woman? What do you mean again?"

"I mean we have had this conversation thirty-seven times, most recently last Thursday," explained IRAC, "but you never remember."

Steve shook his head. "Never remember what?"

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Steed nodded. "I know which I hope I'll be."

One would hope :p

9. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Unlicensed Lucy
    Fandom: Peanuts

To an outside observer, the judge's voice sounded more like a muted trumpet than actual human speech. Lucy, though, had no trouble understanding every single word.

"Lucy van Pelt," the deep baritone asked, "are you now or have you ever been a licensed psychiatric professional?"

Lucy shifted nervously on the stand. "A professional, Your Honor?" she repeated. "Licensed? I wouldn't say that I'm licensed, exactly. Or at all. I guess you're right, sir." She thought for a moment, then asked, "How do I get a license? Testing? Does this test have an eye exam? I'm very good at eye exams."

Random Comments likes this.
  10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  11. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Stand and Be Counted
    Fandom: Ghostbusters

"Peter Venkman!" the disembodied voice yelled again. "Stand and be counted!"

Peter had heard echoes of the voice calling out to his friends, but he could see nothing but the inky void in which he'd been floating for minutes? Hours? Days? Wouldn't it be neat, he thought, if he returned to the real world the same age only to discover decades had gone by?

Instead, the first thing he discovered was that he'd been floating upside down. He slammed into the ground headfirst.

"Stand and be counted!"

Peter slowly rose to his feet, and the voice shouted, "One! All done!"

12. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Rabbit Test
    Fandom: Discworld

"My ears!" screamed the young witch. "What happened to them?"

Granny didn't bother looking up from her work. "When you've been a rabbit so long, not everything bounces back so fast."

"You turned me into a rabbit?" Granny wondered if the girl ever dropped below a full shriek.

"No," she replied, "I made you human again. Mostly. You're welcome."

"Then who turned me into a rabbit?" Finally, barely a shout.

Granny pointed without looking. "Over there. Who do you see?"

"Nobody. There's just a mirror," the girl replied.

"Right. Who do you see?"

"Nobody! Who turned me into a rabbit?"

13. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Attorney at Thaw
    Fandom: Captain Caveman / Saturday Night Live

"Oonga boonga," Captain Caveman moaned, "what happen?"

A tall woman in a sharp suit leaned in close. "You've been thawed out," she hissed. "Again. And now you've been served. Also again."

He rubbed at his head. "But-"

"Getting refrozen for fifteen years," she said, "wasn't going to make the Teen Angels' sexual harassment suit go away."

"Statute of Limitations?"

A new voice yelled, "Talking to my client without me, Miss Dunn? Hello, Captain, I'm Keyrock, and I may be an unfrozen caveman just like you, but I'm also a lawyer, so I know when to say this interview is over!"

14. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: In the Head of the Knight
    Fandom: Scooby Doo

"Ha!" laughed Shaggy. "The Naughty Knight has fallen!" Fred kicked at the fallen suit of armor.

"Let's see who's inside there," Velma said. She knelt beside the knight's head and reached for the faceplate on its helmet. "If I'm right, it should be..."

She lifted the visor to reveal an impossibly deep chasm where someone, anyone should have been. Though the helmet was barely larger than a human head, the vortex inside stretched into infinity. Suddenly exposed to the outside reality, it began to pull everything and everyone into itself, and the effect was growing noticeably stronger with every second.

15. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    That is definitely something 'beneath the surface'. :p A great way to use the prompt! =D=

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Definitely a tight spot for Scooby and the gang. [face_nail_biting]

=D=

17. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Hangs a Tale
    Fandom: The Avengers (US)

Natasha finished draping garlands of tinsel over every windowsill in the Mansion. She couldn't shake the feeling that she was being punished for something.

"What," she screamed, "is that?"

"Huh?" Hawkeye glanced over from the work he'd been doing, hanging sprigs of mistletoe in various doorways. "You know you want to kiss me right now," he teased, puckering and unpuckering his lips as he spoke.

Natasha decided she was definitely being punished. "Mistletoe killed Thor's beloved brother," she explained. "If he sees that hanging there, he's going to-"

A familiar voice called out from the front hall, "Verily, I'm home!"

EDIT: The inspiration for the Scooby drabble wasn't so much "beneath the surface" as "beneath the sir face."

18. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Thin as Paper
    Fandom: Doctor Who

"I don't think this will work, Drax."

Drax grunted and rested his hands on his toolbelt. "Doctor, you worry too much. Everything's gonna be great."

"The Daleks aren't going to fooled," the Doctor retorted, "into thinking I'm one of them because I'm wearing a paper mask."

Drax said, "Give me one good reason."

The Doctor slid on the mask and stood silently before Drax. And then he turned, showing Drax his obviously non-Dalek profile.

Drax shrugged. "Well, then, never let them see you from that angle. When you're wearing the mask, always look the Daleks right in the ol' eyestalks!"

19. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    These were both great, but I loved the Avengers one in particular - poor Baldr! [face_laugh] That was a great way to work in the reference. =D=

20. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: I Work Alone
    Fandom: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Batman sat up, roughly shoving his lower jaw back into place. "This," he muttered, "is why I prefer working alone."

Green Arrow helped him to his feet. "You say that a lot, you know, but I've almost never seen you doing it."

"You do know what 'alone' means, right?" asked Batman.

"And you know what I mean. If you're not teaming up with me, you're off somewhere with Plastic Man," Green Arrow continued, "or Blue Beetle or some forgotten hero from the third tier. When was the last time you really worked alone?"

"Tonight, right up until you showed up."

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, the Dark Knight likes his friends :p

22. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Bothered and Bewildered
    Fandom: Bewitched

Samantha wiggled her nose, and Darrin's drawing table became incorporeal. "Honey," she said as she slid around in front of her husband, "the kids are at friends', Mother's having a girls' night out with Uncle Arthur, and Larry Tate's still in hiding since the indictment. Why don't you take tonight off, and we can..." She whispered the rest into his ear.

DING DONG!

"Let's just ignore it," she suggested. Darrin nodded enthusiastically.

The doorbell rang again, somehow even louder. "I have a better idea," said Darrin. "Let's see who it is and kill them."

"Like we did to the Kravitzes?"

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  24. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Bad Dates
    Fandom: Indiana Jones

As something vaguely resembling focus slowly forced its way through the undulating waves of drunken stupor, Indy risked sitting up. Almost immediately, he regretted it, and he fell back. He'd been up just long enough to see that Sallah had been suffering as well. "What," Indy moaned, "happened?"

"Bad dates," Sallah muttered back.

Indy tried to approximate a nod. "Right, I remember."

Something about a flapper, maybe? She had the bob haircut, he was sure, though he couldn't recall the color nearly so well. Blonde, maybe? Light brown? Who was she? Perhaps a redhead?

"It's all coming back," he lied.

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I kinda feel bad for him ... but it sounds like he might deserve it a little :p