main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] It's a Drabble! (12/31: "The Giving of Thanks" (Guardians of the Galaxy))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Admiral Drabblar, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Doppelgeorger
    Fandom: Seinfeld

"I'm telling you," George shouted, "the guy looked just like me! It was like looking into a mirror!"

Elaine turned to Jerry, who shrugged. "The hair was different," he said.

"You mean this guy had some?" she quipped.

He nodded. "And he was about four inches taller."

"Really?"

"At least three and a half," he hedged.

"But other than that," insisted George, "identical."

Jerry said, "Eh, I wouldn't go that far. What about the chin? And the ears?"

"Fine! But around the eyes, Jerry! A dead ringer around the eyes!"

"Yes, definitely," agreed Jerry. "Like a twin around the eyes."

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
  3. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Little Booddy
    Fandom: Yogi Bear / Animaniacs

Ranger Smith glanced up from his paperwork at the figure in the doorway. "What do you want this time, Yogi?" he sighed.

Yogi stepped into the station. "Ranger Smith, sir, I think there's something wrong with my buddy Boo-Boo." He gestured toward a large, feathery form standing behind him and sporting a familiar blue bow tie.

"Yogi, that's not Boo-Boo," the ranger said. "That's a giant chicken wearing Boo-Boo's tie."

"No, that's my little buddy!" yelled Yogi. "Say something to Ranger Smith!"

The chicken tilted its head to the side and clucked uncertainly.

Yogi grinned. "See, I told you so."

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  5. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Brighton Lights
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: Eighth

Lucie waited until the train passing overhead had gone by before she started talking again. "Doctor, you promised to take me to Brighton. Where's the pier? The seaside? The funfair? This looks more like New York City or summat."

"Yes, exactly!" said the Doctor. "This is New York City, more specifically the borough of Brooklyn, and even more specifically..." When Lucie didn't answer, he finished, "Brighton Beach, 1951! Huh? Huh? Also, the seaside's about six blocks that way, and the funfair's over in Coney Island.

"Cheer up, Lucie!" he added. "Haven't you ever seen any of Neil Simon's plays?"

"Who?"

6. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: How the Other Half Lives
    Fandom: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Julian was waiting when Miles and Jadzia came off the Defiant. "Welcome back," he said, falling in beside them.

"Anything exciting happen while we were away?" wondered Jadzia.

"Mostly everybody's been obsessing over Quark's new Lester machine."

Jadzia rolled her eyes. Miles asked, "What's a Lester machine?"

"It allows," she answered, "two people to swap minds temporarily."

They reached the Promenade and saw the line of couples stretching out of Quark's.

"It's a good way," Julian explained, "to experience a few hours as the opposite sex. Not that I've done that," he added hastily.

Jadzia shrugged. "Never saw the appeal."

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    *snickers* That was an excellent response to the prompt. [face_laugh]=D=

8. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thank you.

Title: Luncheon Meet
    Fandom: The A-Team

Mr. Dimpless walked to the far end of the diner and squeezed himself into the empty booth. A moment later, a man with silver hair joined him. "Hiya, Dimples."

"It's Dimpless," he corrected. "You must be Hannibal-"

"That's Colonel Smith to you," the man snapped back. A waitress stopped by the booth, but Smith waved her away.

"Have you had a chance to go over my case?" asked Dimpless.

Smith almost nodded. "You don't have a case, but I did read your letter. When most people tell us they're being terrorized by bikers, they don't mean kids on actual bicycles."

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= and [face_laugh] Bicycles? 8-} Even the dude's name is interesting. ;)

10. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Costume Drama
    Fandom: Torchwood

Gwen stifled a chuckle as Ianto came staggering back into the Hub, wobbling dangerously on his high platforms.

"I wouldn't laugh so hard if I were you," he warned. "You should see what he's picked out for you first."

The Hub's door rolled open, and Jack walked in. "Gwen, you haven't even started putting on your costume! Ianto, looking good, but you still need to put on the wig and makeup."

"I thought I would wait until we leave for the karaoke bar or wherever it is you're making us go," said Ianto.

"Who told you we were going anywhere?"

11. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Jumping at Shadows
    Fandom: 24 / Midnight Madness

Richard Walsh turned to the agents gathered around him. "There's one more lesson I want you to remember. When you spend all your time trying to find where terrorists might be hiding, you can start to see them everywhere. Once, when I was younger than most of you..."

He'd spent many hours following the clues to what he was convinced would prove to be a clutch of terrorist cells, and now he had one of them in his sights. Just as he was about to pull the trigger, he heard words he'd never forget.

"Meat Machine! Meat Machine! Meat Machine!"

12. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Stop! It's Homer Time!
    Fandom: The Simpsons

"Here you go!" yelled Homer, as he threw the hammer up into the air. Within seconds, it had soared out of sight, and lightning crashed.

Lisa gasped. "Dad, how'd you do that?"

"Yeah, there's no way you're worthy to wield Thor's hammer!" Bart added.

"That's just in the movies!" said Homer. "The real Thor's a Scandiwhovian god, not some Hollywood pretty boy! Mmmm, so pretty."

"Dad, I've read Norse mythology," Lisa explained. "Only Thor can wield the hammer Mjolnir."

A voice from above intoned, "Funny thing. Mjolnir's test just measures blood alcohol content. It thinks any raging drunk is me."

13. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Unattended Consequences
    Fandom: Gilmore Girls

Taylor waved a piece of paper in Kirk's face. "The rules clearly stated that any suspicious unattended bags may be destroyed. Do you want terrorists to destroy Stars Hollow?"

"It wasn't unattended," Kirk countered. "I set it down for thirty seconds while I ran an errand. For you. I even asked you to keep an eye on it, so it was being attended. By you. Why would-"

"Did you hear me say yes?" insisted Taylor.

Kirk tried again. "Why'd you even bring lighter fluid here? I think you came tonight just to set my bag on fire. Why?"

"You're paranoid!"

14. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Way of All Flesh
    Fandom: V (1983)

Elaine cautiously stepped out from her laboratory to greet the Commander. "Why have you called me down here?" snapped Diana.

Elaine stammered, "Well, uh, you see, ma'am, that-"

"Out with it!"

"It's the humans we've been harvesting!" Elaine was talking way too fast, but she knew that if she paused, she'd never be able to start talking again. "I've been running tests, and their meat's like six different kinds of carcinogenic!"

"I see." Diana nodded slowly and rested her hand on her weapon. "Have you told anyone else about this?"

"No," admitted Elaine. "Well, except the Supreme Leader, of course."

15. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Staff Infection
    Fandom: Police Squad!

Drebin found the witness standing along the music store's back wall. "I'm Lieutenant Frank Drebin, Police Squad," he told the young man, not quite adding, "And you're under arrest."

"What? But I didn't do anything!" He started to cry.

"No, you're under a rest," Drebin clarified. The man looked at the wall behind him. A large mural incorporated musical symbols into various scenes; sure enough, one directly over his head featured a semibreve rest.

"Oh, right." The man took a step to his left, so that he was beneath a quarter note instead. "Is that better?" he asked.

"Yeah, sure."

16. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Strange Attractor
    Fandom: Sapphire and Steel

Sapphire concentrated, but she still couldn't sense anything, and she said as much.

"Then what use are you?" snapped Steel. Less angrily, he added, "You're supposed to be the sensitive one."

"Exactly. If you're feeling this compulsion to enter that building and I'm not, then ask yourself why," she said. "This could be a trap."

"You're right, of course," he replied. "This must be a trap, but I was too blinded to see it."

"And yet you're still walking straight toward it."

Steel tried to pull himself back, away from the trap, but still he walked on. "We're too late!"

17. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] Magnet and steel indeed. :p Another great reply to the prompt. =D=

18. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks. I was spending all weekend at an improv marathon (watching, not performing), so I didn't see the new prompt had gone up until Sunday night. This drabble, on the other hand, I wrote a couple weeks ago, a few days before they announced the show's return.

Title: He's the Ace
    Fandom: Danger Mouse

"And, Countess," Danger concluded the tour, "you've already met my assistant, Penfold. Any questions?"

"Is it true? Are you really the greatest secret agent in the world?"

He pondered this. "I don't like to toot my own horn, but-"

"Can I?" interjected Penfold. "I'll gladly toot it!"

"Keep your mouth away from my horn!" Danger hissed. "Now where was I? Oh yes. It's really the song that calls me that."

"Song?" she asked.

He played his theme song. "He's the greatest! He's fantastic!"

Once it finished, she inquired, "You commissioned that?"

"Actually, it was Colonel K. Birthday present, I think."

19. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Cloudsearch
    Fandom: The Sarah Jane Adventures

The translucent cloud coalesced into a form vaguely resembling a humanoid; it had the requisite number of armlike and leggish appendages, at least. It turned, if such a term could be applied, to face Rani.

"Are you," it asked, "Sarah Jane Smith?"

"No, I'm Rani," she answered.

The figure looked toward Clyde. "You. Are you Sarah Jane Smith?"

"You need to have your eyes checked, mate," Clyde replied. "Or whatever it is you have."

A small, metallic form whirred and hovered toward them down the stairs, and the cloud repeated its question. "Are you Sarah Jane Smith?"

"Negative," answered K-9.

20. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: An Ill Omen
    Fandom: Doctor Who / Sapphire and Steel
    Doctor:Alternative Third (from "Sympathy for the Devil"/"Masters of War")

The Doctor shoved Alistair from the room; once they were both clear, he slammed the door shut. "What was that?" asked Alistair.

"A weak spot in the fabric of the universe," the Doctor explained. "Pure vortex energy is seeping through, twisting reality and then twisting it some more. We must be cautious."

"Cautious of what, Doctor?"

"Busybodies," he replied. "People who see time as a malevolent force that must-"

Two figures, one male and one female, appeared suddenly at the end of the hall. "Time is malevolent!" the man retorted.

The Doctor's eyes narrowed. "Steel, Sapphire, what an unpleasant surprise."

For those who don't know, this Doctor was created for the Big Finish audios mention, and he was played by David Warner. Among Warner's many other roles for Big Finish was Steel.

21. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Le Jaune et le Noir
    Fandom: Men in Black / The Simpsons

Agent J shuddered. "What kind of alien is that?" The being looked vaguely human - very vaguely - but with simple, exaggerated features and extreme jaundice.

"That's not an alien," said K. "That, believe it or not, is a human being. He's from an alternative dimension where everyone's a lot like that."

"Does he only have three fingers on each hand?"

K shrugged. "It happens sometimes."

An agent tried to grasp the interdimensional traveler's arm, and he yanked it back. "Hoil!" he shouted, his high, nasally voice echoing across the hall. "Be careful with the grabbing and the pulling and the floiven!"

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Now that is one unique! cross-over! [face_laugh] =D=

23. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Fool in the Proof
    Fandom: Doctor Who

"Pond!" the Doctor was shouting incredulously as he entered the TARDIS. "Pond! Pond!"

"Look, I said I was sorry!" Jack shouted back. He stopped, grinned, and said, "Hiya, Rose. How's the ankle?"

Rose adjusted the ice for the third time in an hour. "Still sore. What's this about a pond?"

The Doctor sputtered, "This... this... human almost pawned the TARDIS!"

"And I said I-"

"With me inside?" yelled Rose.

"That's the beauty," Jack explained, "of the plan. Once we get our money, you fly the TARDIS right back outside. It's foolproof."

"Except I can't fly this thing."

Jack shrugged. "Oops."

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Super late, but I LOVE the Yogi one! And oh, Jack :D

25. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thank you.

Title: Priority Pursuits
    Fandom: Arrow

A reporter stood up near the back. He identified himself and his news organization, but both were hard to make out. "In the past week," he began, suddenly much clearer, "the Starling City Police have allowed at least seventeen dangerous felons to escape - even uncuffing a couple - so cops could go after the Hood instead. What do you have to say about that?"

The department spokesman stammered, "We, uh, felt that it was, er, important to, huh." She leaned forward on her podium. "Seventeen, you said? Nobody prepped me for that one. Seventeen? Where'd-"

But the reporter was already gone.