main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Multi-group initation

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Scottrooper, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottrooper

Scottrooper Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2006
    Greetings,

My name is Scott Simpson. I am the current CO of the Central California 501st Garrison. I've talked to some of you in the past about arranging a multi-group get-together to be hosted at my house, and I would like to get things started. I will be inviting members of the 501st Central California Garrison, the 501st Golden Gate Garrison, the San Francisco Fan Force, the Sacramento Valley Rogue Force, the Tulare County Fan Force, and the Rebel Legion's Endor Base. (Carpooling is a good thing!) I would like to host this gathering in the spirit of cooperation and unity between our groups, and I believe this will be a good way to get to know each other out of costume.
    Currently this event is in the early planning stages. For now I would like to find out who is interested in coming, and what preference you have for the date. I would prefer to hold the gathering on a Saturday.

Possible days are: April 29th, May 6th, May 13th, or May 27th.

Please post if one of these days is preferable for you, or if your group already has an event scheduled for any of them. We can't please everyone, but we can try our best to select a day that works for most people.

Feel free to post questions here on the board, or e-mail me any questions or thoughts you might have at: flashburn@highstream.net

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Yay! I forsee many multi-group gatherings if the trend continues. We here at SVRF have also been discussing a meeting of the geeks.
    I think May might work better for us, but I'll let the rest of the Rogues chime in. Just about any day is good for me right now, until the calendar fills up.

3. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    Very nice invite, Scott. Yes, the Darth Di Kum family would be excited to meet members from all the groups. At this point, any Saturday in May is good for us.

4. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Thanks for the invite!

The first weekend in May has been scheduled for a SVRF snow trip but as far as I know there's nothing else on the books for the rest of the month

5. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    The Sivad family is always eager to meet others in the area with the same interest so we are available any of the Saturdays in May. Just let us know when and where.

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    thanks for the invite Scott.

It looks as if May 13th would work for us.

7. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    That is mothers day weekend. I might be out of town.

8. x_jedi1

x_jedi1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    I'll be walking in the Race for a Cure that morning....so I'm a maybe.

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    yeah, I am bad with dates so I didn't relize that was Mother's Day weekend ... which will be no good for me as well. So, May 20th

x_jedi1 - good for you. A couple of friends from work are going to be walking, and a couple more of us are thinking of volunteering for such a good cause

10. Scottrooper

Feb 5, 2006
    Glad to hear that so many folks are interested in this! :)

I'm not entirely sure what an initation is.....but I digress.

Based on all the responses I've had so far, I'm going to set the date for this event for Saturday, May 20th. Probably starting at around 11 or so.

Things you'll want to bring:
    1. a chair.
    2. Food. (consider it a barbeque/potluck). I may change it up a little and ask each specific group to bring something specific (i.e. meat, side dishes, desserts.) or just leave it as a standard potluck to make sure everyone has something they actually want to eat. :)
    I will have at least 1 barbeque grill available.
    3. If you have a pop up canopy and don't mind bringing it, it wouldn't be a bad idea. (lots of space in the yard, very little shade)

Other things:
    Please plan to carpool as much as possible, not only to save on gas, but parking spaces. :)

More information coming as we get closer. (like my address and that kinda thing.)

For planning purposes, though, the event will be in Hilmar, CA. (between Turlock and Los Banos)

11. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    I wish the Mountain Garrison was this cool. Does the Emprie assign it's most arrogant troopers to the Mountain Garrison? You guys in Calif could/ should give these fools a few lessons in "Getting along with other Star Wars fans"!!!

12. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Well, if this event goes well, I am sure there will be plenty of pictures and stories...one might even find it's way into Bantha tracks. With our track record it's very possible.

I'll be there, Scott!

13. x_jedi1

x_jedi1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    Gotta be there LDV - that nasty demon took my mom @};- - anyone wanting to join me is welcome.

The 20th works for me - DaVinci Code opens that weekend too - looks like another busy weekend!

14. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'll try to come. I'll probably have to carpool with someone... or someone can ride with me if I can make it.

15. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    You're always welcome to carpool with me from Woodland, Rhonda!

16. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'll have to remember that youre now that much closer....

17. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    "Unity 2!" :D

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    exactly what I was thinking bro!

19. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    Sounds fantastic! We three are excited to join in and we've placed it on the calendar. Would love to carpool and share in gas.

20. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Are you in Woodland now, Tionne? If so, then I can catch a ride with you! (provided it's OK with you. I can even chip in for gas if you'd like.) Well, we're practically neighbors!

--Steven "Jedi Dark Night" Rose, Jr.

21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Working on moving at the moment. We'll have to see how everything turns out. My life is kinda upside down and entirely in boxes right now.

22. Scottrooper

Feb 5, 2006
    A request: Please, if you know of another group that I haven't notified of this event but whom you believe might be interested, give me the information and let me look into it. With the event being at my house I am going to be picky about what groups are involved.

I've already recieved one request from a different group to get an invite. I don't like telling people no they aren't invited, but at present I am disinclined to invite groups that I've never had any dealings with.

Currently invited groups:
    Central California Garrison 501st
    Golden Gate Garrison 501st
    Sacramento Valley Rogue Force
    San Francisco Fan Force
    Tulare County Fan Force.
    Rebel Legion Endor Base

Thanks

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I think you've got it covered Scott. We just need a date

24. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    The date is May 20th. It's posted above and I told you already in another thread.
    Jeeze, Old Man, those meds really are kicking you, aren't they?
    :p (That's for that comment in the other thread)

25. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    I would love to go to that, May 20th, hmmm. I'll see what I can do. I just might make an attempt to come to that. I would really like to. If it's in the Central Valley, you guys could possibly look at using Amtrak for that, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.