main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Multi-group invitation

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Scottrooper, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottrooper

Scottrooper Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2006
    Greetings,

My name is Scott Simpson. I am the current CO of the Central California 501st Garrison. I've talked to some of you in the past about arranging a multi-group get-together to be hosted at my house, and I would like to get things started. I will be inviting members of the 501st Central California Garrison, the 501st Golden Gate Garrison, the San Francisco Fan Force, the Sacramento Valley Rogue Force, the Tulare County Fan Force, and the Rebel Legion's Endor Base. (Carpooling is a good thing!) I would like to host this gathering in the spirit of cooperation and unity between our groups, and I believe this will be a good way to get to know each other out of costume.
    Currently this event is in the early planning stages. For now I would like to find out who is interested in coming, and what preference you have for the date. I would prefer to hold the gathering on a Saturday.

Possible days are: April 29th, May 6th, May 13th, or May 27th.

Please post if one of these days is preferable for you, or if your group already has an event scheduled for any of them. We can't please everyone, but we can try our best to select a day that works for most people.

Feel free to post questions here on the board, or e-mail me any questions or thoughts you might have at: flashburn@highstream.net

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hi, Scott.

As of today, April 29th we may be doing an event. May 27th is the weekend of both Fanime and BayCon, where some members of some groups may be. It also happens to be Memorial Day weekend, and some people may be out of town.

On another note, one of our members would like to talk to Pam about help in doing an Aayla Secura costume. :)

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I can't wait to have a multi-group gathering. I think it will really strengthen our groups. Just so long as we can all play nice. ;) Hopefully we can find a date that works for all of the groups.

4. Dolfinz

Dolfinz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    Sounds like fun! Any of those dates but May 27th is ok with me...I'll be back in Jersey by then :(

5. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Sounds like Unity 2 WILL happen this year after all. Although if it is on May 27th I can't be there. I'm going camping that weekend with Rogue Ten and his posse of hella folks. My April is completely booked... But totally do it in May if that is the consensus. I have a lot on my plate and dunno when it will lighten up. That's awesome Scott, thanks for opening your home to all of us.

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    This would make a great "Unity 2", as well as a good way to get to know one another before the announcement of the location of Celebration 4 next year, which, according to several sources, could be a much closer location than you think. ;)

7. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    If that's the way it works out (I hope I hope I hope) I am *SO* there!!! :)

8. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    It sounds like a great idea! I know I have enjoyed meeting Star Wars fans, Rebel Legion and 501st members at events in Southern California over the past few months. I was impressed with how everyone got along together as one group of fans.

Off hand the end of April and May are pretty open for me.

- Kay Dee

9. Scottrooper

Feb 5, 2006
    Glad to hear that so many folks are interested in this! :)

Based on all the responses I've had so far, I'm going to set the date for this event for Saturday, May 20th. Probably starting at around 11 or so.

Things you'll want to bring:
    1. a chair.
    2. Food. (consider it a barbeque/potluck). I may change it up a little and ask each specific group to bring something specific (i.e. meat, side dishes, desserts.) or just leave it as a standard potluck to make sure everyone has something they actually want to eat. :)
    I will have at least 1 barbeque grill available.
    3. If you have a pop up canopy and don't mind bringing it, it wouldn't be a bad idea. (lots of space in the yard, very little shade)

Other things:
    Please plan to carpool as much as possible, not only to save on gas, but parking spaces. :)

More information coming as we get closer. (like my address and that kinda thing.)

For planning purposes, though, the event will be in Hilmar, CA. (between Turlock and Los Banos)

(for whomever is looking for the help with the Aayla Secura costume, drop Pam and email at Mitji@aol.com, or she'll be there at this picnic too.)

10. jedizoe

jedizoe Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    Hi, Scott.

As of today, April 29th we may be doing an event. May 27th is the weekend of both Fanime and BayCon, where some members of some groups may be. It also happens to be Memorial Day weekend, and some people may be out of town.

On another note, one of our members would like to talk to Pam about help in doing an Aayla Secura costume. :)[/quote]

Hi, Scott.
    Hey that member that matt was talking about was me. I'm the one that wanted to know about Pam. I was looking into making the Aayla Secura costume. I will put in a request for that day off at work so I can go. Oh yes * hey matt thanks for mentioning the thing about the Aayla Secura costume that was very nice of you*:D :)
    Hope to see you at the get together! and May the force be with you!!

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I wonder if our friends from Lucasfilm might be interested in going to this. [face_thinking]

12. Mitji

Mitji Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2003
    Yay, another Aayla fan! Hopefully you'll be able to get that day off in May and we can talk Twi'leks. In the meantime, you might be able to get some of the information you need off my website. There's some info about body painting, and an easy way to put together an Aayla costume. http://members.aol.com/Mitji/Twilek.htm

Hope that helps!

Pam :)

13. Mitji

Mitji Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2003
    It couldn't hurt to ask them. They do seem to enjoy the company of our groups when we get together at conventions and such; and even if they cannot or don't want to attend... I'm sure they would still appreciate the gesture of an invitation.

14. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    But that might mean we would have to behave ourselves. O:)

15. Dolfinz

Dolfinz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    Hey Pam...I think you e-mailed me about my SW blog after I mentioned your awesome costume at the Wondercon masquerade...! Hope to meet you at the event :)

16. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Hi, I'm glad that so many of you are interested in this meeting. I think it is a great idea and we here at Tulare County Fan Force, are looking forward to this gathering.

Since we are in the middle of the state we don't get to see too many other groups unless it is at events or conventions.

Look forward to seeing old faces and meeting new.

Mother Palpatine

17. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Oh wow! Tulare too?! This is gonna be huge. I hope there's enough room at Scott and Pam's place. :D

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It's like a meeting of the "five families", and an "offer we can't refuse"! ;)

19. Scottrooper

Feb 5, 2006
    Yup, plenty of room in the back yard for everyone :) Space, we got. Shade? Not so much. :)

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Would there be enough room for....games? [face_mischief]

21. Mitji

Mitji Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2003
    Yup, that was me. Did I mention "thank you" enough times yet? No? Oops... sorry.

Thank you!!

Pam :-D

22. Mitji

Mitji Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2003
    There's about an acre of lawn in the back yard, so we can put the shade canopies and tables/chairs over to one side and leave the rest open. We'll set up the badmitton net and maybe a horseshoe pit over by the barn, and we've got some bats if you want to try breaking a leg playing softball in the pasture... but you have to bring your own lightsabers and Attacktix!

23. Scottrooper

Feb 5, 2006
    A request: Please, if you know of another group that I haven't notified of this event but whom you believe might be interested, give me the information and let me look into it. With the event being at my house I am going to be picky about what groups are involved.

I've already recieved one request from a different group to get an invite. I don't like telling people no they aren't invited, but at present I am disinclined to invite groups that I've never had any dealings with.

Currently invited groups:
    Central California Garrison 501st
    Golden Gate Garrison 501st
    Sacramento Valley Rogue Force
    San Francisco Fan Force
    Tulare County Fan Force.
    Rebel Legion Endor Base

Thanks

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    PM sent, Scott!

25. GreytaleNovastar1138

GreytaleNovastar1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2005
    As near as I can tell, the Balance of Power team will attend and this will basically be our "debut" performance. :) Thanks, Scott...

Granted, a few caveats...

* We may be missing a few cast members... :( arrgg... might have been too late to get them to commit...
    * We may or may not have all of our "official" lightsabers (one or two FX sabers in the mix)
    * We may or may not have all of our costumes

Even so, we'll be glad to perform this. It will happen later in the evening so that everything can be seen well, and we all don't fry too hard uner the sun! PM me with questions or what not... we're excited to debut BOP Ep #1, and hope all goes well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.