Multi-group invitation

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by Scottrooper, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottrooper Jedi Padawan

Howdy gang, I'm swinging through with some more info and details for ya.

Location info: I'll be giving your chapter reps my address and phone number (I don't want to post that info on a public forum for obvious reason) for them to distribute to those members who wish to attend the picnic.

Food info: Picnic will be potluck style. In order to make sure we don't end up with 85 bags of chips and nothing else, sign up to bring food as though your group is the only one attending. A barbeque grill will be available for use. (historically I've managed to end up posting myself at the grill to get everyone's stuff cooked).

Food note: I'm going to ask that there be no alcohol brought to the picnic.

Entertainment: In something of a surprise, we may have some entertainment by the "Balance of Power" team. They've asked to perform later in the day, my question for you is: how late would you consider staying to watch them perform?

Any questions, you can reach me at flashburn@highstream.net
  2. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Should we have SW-themed dishes? I personally wouldn't want to stay past, say 8 pm. It's a long drive, unless someone can help in the driving.
  3. Scottrooper Jedi Padawan

Nah, Star Wars themed dishes not neccessary :) Though is ok if you wanna go that route.
  4. Skatou-Laki Jedi Knight

star 1
    I put in the request to have the 20th off at work so I can go. I'm offering my car for a transport, I could probably take 2, maybe three, possibly even 4. It depends if my wife can go or not. Since we're now less than 20 days away, I hope we can do some planning and get a head count on who's going.

I live in Hayward, pretty close to Eva, I hope to arrive in Tulare on time and plan on leaving around the official end time, perhaps earlier than that since it's looks to be a 2 1/2 hour drive. All I ask is for a little help with gas money. Oh, and I have plenty of trunk space as well (I drive a Mitsubishi Gallant).

As far as food is concerned, I could probably ask my wife nicely to make a batch or two of her kickin' wookiee cookies on top of what the SFFF would be in charge of bringing. =P
  5. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can make something. So, this shindig's going down on the 20th?
  6. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    OK, I've got the address. I'll give it to the drivers once we decide on who they are at the next meeting. Now it's time for everyone to decide on what to bring.
  7. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just remember it is about a 2 hour drive each way from SF. I'm undecided about going for now.
  8. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, I know. That's why I think it's expected that people to chip in for gas for the carpools....which is pretty much by definition.
  9. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm up for going. I can drive if needed, or pitch in for gas. So have we been assigned anything to bring or is it just bring whatever you want?
  10. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    If I understand Scott's message correctly, as a group (SF Fan Force) we need to plan a full meal of food as if we were the only group going. That way in our own group it's up to us to decide who's bringing what as far as drinks, appetizers, bbQ items, desserts - etc. I don't know if we should start a special thread for people to sign up for things, or just do it in this thread?

I also plan to go. I need to check the map though to see how far this is from my Grandma's. I feel if I'm out in the central valley I need to go by and see her since I have not been to Fresno in a few months. (So I may not be car pooling).

- Kay Dee
  11. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    If it's not at the end of the month then I can probably swing it afterall.
  12. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Maybe it's something we could talk about at the meeting, if we still have it next weekend. Then we could post afterward whatever we still need.
  13. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I like to make my own lemonade. I can make that, and I'll think of a food to bring now, unless we come up with suggestions.

I can definitely pitch in for gas. That's not a problem.
  14. elmoizme Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry, not going to make this one. I'm going to Super Con in Oakland that day. And will be doing the Bay To Breakers next day with the GGG. Don't think I'll be in armor though .. might be a tough crowd ;) Will most likely go as a handler.
  15. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I was hoping to do Bay To Breakers next year for the 30th anniversary of ANH, but it might conflict with Celebration IV!
  16. StarSmuggler Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm coming to this...I can bring food...maybe I can actually attempt to cook something this time [face_worried] ...or not
  17. SiaLanWezz Force Ghost

star 2
    Funny Britney. Anyhow, I am going to this one with Heli. I have her that weekend. We can discuss what to bring at the meeting. My car seats 7 people so whoever wishes to come with me, let me know fairly soon before all the seats are taken up. I think so far it is me , Heli, Britney and maybe Brent and his wife. Robert, you simply have to come. The barbeque will not be finger licking good if you dont cook it. Yours is the best.[face_batting] Looking forward to this one.
  18. Dolfinz Jedi Knight

star 1
    eep, this isn't looking good for me now...

if I can't go, does anyone have a video camera that would be willing to record Balance of Power? I'd really love to see it :)
  19. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Thank you to Scott and pam for opening up their home (well, mostly the yard :) ) to us, and to everyone who came down for a nice day of comraderie among all the NorCal SW groups! It was great seeing everyone!
  20. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    It was good to work on our tans. We'll except for Robert... Yeah, these sleeves gotta go.
  21. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Just wanted to drop a quick note to say that we had a great time yesterday and it was really good to see so many familiar faces and to meet new ones. Look forward to seeing the pictures when posted.

Bette/ AKA MotherPalpatine
  22. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, thanks again to Scott and Pam for hosting a fun gathering at their beautiful home! It was great seeing everyone again and meeting a few new people. It was also very nice of the Balance of Power group to come all the way out to Hilmar for their debut performance.

Photos[/b

I'd like to upload a gallery of photos from the day to the SF Fan Force web site. For those who took pictures and would like to share them, feel free to e-mail them to nightheron @ pacbell.net. The sooner I have all the photos, the sooner I can put together the gallery.

Is there anyone else besides Robert, Matt and Dale who had photos to submit?

- Kay Dee

23. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    I've uploaded my own photos from the picnic into a temporary, bare bones album.

Kay Dee's picnic photos

Once I have the rest of the pics I'll spend time formatting it into the framework of the SF Fan Force web site.

- kay dee
  24. Mitji Jedi Padawan

Thank you to everyone who joined us on Saturday. We appreciated that you took the time to drive so far and that you brought so much yummy food for the potluck. Scott and I enjoyed seeing folks from so many groups get together for a day, and it was a real pleasure to have a chance to meet and chat with so many of you. We really enjoyed the Balance of Power performance and their demonstrations afterward, the insane pilots overhead were an unexpected form of entertainment, and even the weather cooperated quite nicely. (It has been raining here all day today.) Thank you also to Eva and the others who helped us clean up afterwards. Your help was greatly appreciated!

We had a total of 53 people attend the picnic, representing 6 different costuming or fan groups, and from the first arrivals to the last departure the picnic lasted 10 1/2 hours! I'd say that's a pretty good turnout! We will definitely have to continue arranging group gatherings like this. It was a lot of fun. (And I'd even be willing to travel next time!)

This is a link to my best group photo. (Another thank you goes out to our photographers!) If anyone has a better photo: sharper, composed better, with more people visible or looking at the camera, etc... please let me know. I'll be looking for the best possible picture to print out for my events scrapbook.

http://members.aol.com/Mitji2/GroupPhoto.jpg

Thanks again,

Pam :)

25. jedizoe Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey Pam,

I will try to make the next gathering but untill then may the foce be with you!!
    Hope to meet you soon!:D

~ASh aka Jedi zoe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.