San Diego, CA MultiClub Summer BBQ Saturday August 25th 10 AM

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BrieKalan, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrieKalan Jedi Knight

star 2
    ;) Multi Club Picnic and Barbeque!

All clubs are invited to a group picnic/barbeque on Saturday August 25th beginning at 10:00 am in the morning and continuing until we feel like leaving or the park closes!

Mile Square Regional Park
    16801 Euclid
    Fountain Valley, CA 92708

Mile Square Regional Park is located in the City of Fountain Valley. To reach the park, take the San Diego Freeway (#405) to the Euclid offramp. Head north on Euclid to the park entrance. Or take the Garden Grove Freeway (22) to the Euclid offramp, and head south on Euclid to the park entrance.

Open: April 1 - Oct. 31, 7:00am to 9:00pm.

On mapquest here: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=Fountain+Valley&state=CA&Address=16801+Euclid&zipcode=92708&country=US&zoom=5

I am working with someone to bring meats etc and a grill, all they ask is for people to chip in a few bucks for costs. I need a preliminary head count in order to determine how much $$$ to ask for (will definitely be less than $10 per person?)

Please bring your favorite non-alcoholic drinks, chairs, pop-ups or blankies, a little sunscreen, and a side dish to share with friends! Children welcome, Nerf Guns are allowed (everyone is fair game?)

Please post your name, screen name, number of folks with you, and the dish you?d like to bring along!

Also needed are people willing to bring coolers, ice, etc.

I DESPERATELY NEED AN OC VOLUNTEER WHO IS WILLING TO STAKE OUT A SPOT FOR THE GROUP NEAR TO A BATHROOM AND PLAYGROUND!!!!

Lets just go out and have a whole lot of fun, and recover from Celebration 4 and a very successful Comic Con![face_dancing]
  2. Zhi-don Jedi Knight

star 2
    If no one steps up for this, I guess I can do it. I need to find out what time the park opens and get a map to comply with this request. I have a fairly big cooler I can bring filled with ice. I have no problem with the $10 grub fee. I will keep an eye on this, the Sunrider Base and OCFF threads for updates. I will be bring my shinai's for some dueling.
  3. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    It is on the calendar with no conflicts and we really want to go. We're a tentative yes. I'll check with the other half and if it's a certain will update as well as list what we're bringing. If we go we've got a cooler to bring.

edit...oh yeah...no problems with chipping in some cash for yummy meats ;)
  4. fett Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think Emily and I are in and we have no problem paying some money for Dennis' BBQ.
  5. JediZabrak Jedi Master

star 2
    I will try & take a day off from Judo this day........ we'll see. If I do come, I'll be bringing my nerf guns & then we can have a (nerf) blaster-bolt blocking w/ the shinais contest!
  6. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Scott Rogers
    Skyryder
    Dish to be determined.
  7. MtnJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Matthew Wilbur
    MtnJedi
    1 person (Carpool?)
    Cooler with ice
  8. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Rachel Williams
    I has a car and can drive.
    Soda
  9. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sol_Jedi will be there and I will bring myself and grill up some bomb carne asada like always!
  10. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    2- Marc and Mary Pikowski
    GFORCE13
    We will be bringing 2 (5Day) filled Ice Chests and one will have a Stand. Will be coming in my Van from the Torrance Area if anybody needs a lift? Also since Nerf Blasters are allowed what about my Wookie Super Soaker? Following in Master Zhi-Don's footsteps will be bringing my wooden practice swords and my new Stunt Hilt L.Saber and a couple of others in case we are still there at night.[face_dancing]

Here is the Park Link which under park brochures has a PDF Map:
    http://www.ocparks.com/milesquare/
  11. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Got this confirmation:

My screen name is Varekei
    My real name is Barbara
    I'm the only one in my party for now, but plan to ask some star wars fans who are also friends of mine.
    I'll bring some Greek cuisine (as requested by Jedi Mia, Arminica and Rowe Solo) but I don't know what it will be. I'll make a point of tossing up some Greek salad if you think people will eat it. (Salad always seems to get left in lieu of the 'good stuff'-- grilled meats and junk food sides like chips.)
  12. BBQMASTER Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Just wanted to let you know that I'll be serving pulled pork sandwiches, smoked chicken, sausage and have hot dogs for the kids. I hope we have enough people interested so I'll be able to bring up the smoker. PM me if you have any questions.
  13. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  14. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh man! :eek:

I still supposed to be in my coma, but I might have to wake up for this.
  15. fett Jedi Knight

star 3
    No sewing, costuming, or work required Donna. Just an appetite!
  16. BrieKalan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Damn Dennis, you're making me hungry and I've barely managed to finish breakfast.

;)
  17. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't wait to try Dennis' wares. =P~ I have yet to have had the pleasure, I've only heard about them.
  18. jedi_borne Jedi Padawan

Im new to the site but my 8 year old daughter and I will be there. jedi_borne, quantity 2, dish of chocolate chip cookies. YAY!
  19. Mystical Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be there. Dish to be brought undecided atm.
  20. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Mike
    Just me
    Coke and Tim Tams (limited supply)
  21. BrieKalan Jedi Knight

star 2

Tim tams?
  22. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    They're a cookie from "down under". My Australian friend brought some when she visited and they are delicious. Think of a chocolate sandwich cookie dipped in chocolate. =P~
  23. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Ur bringing me Tim Tams?????????????!?!?!?!? [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [:D] [face_dancing]
  24. Zhi-don Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just asking for an update;

Who is bringing what? Is this a pot luck or just a catch as catch can? I will be bring an ice chest and ice. I will also bring a couple of tables and a few spare chairs. I will put up my awning and if Rion gives it to me, our banner so you can find me. I will be there when the park opens and will attempt to find a good spot with parking and a bathroom nearby. I will need a volunteer to move his/her car when the BBQMASTER arrives with is equipment, so he can be near to us. If anyone needs to find me here is my cell:

714 403-5487

Rachel? Any special instructions or more info that I can give to our club on our Monthly meeting this Sunday?
  25. BrieKalan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Don it is definitely potluck.

People should bring their own drinks and a side dish of some sort. Also $10 per adult for the meatsies. I will be bringing a gigantic dessert, hope ya'll like cake!

Party starts at 10 am, I will get there as early as I can, and will help with clean up/last to leave.

We have 5-6 people bringing ice chests etc, that should be good.

If anyone has pop ups for shade, or tables, lawnchairs etc those are certainly welcome.

Also, games are welcome too--bring a football or soccerball and we'll get Rebel Vs Imperial games going, several Shinai's are coming for dueling practice, and NERF wars PART TWO. [face_devil]

Just no alcohol due to park rules. :(

My cell is 619-459-7686 for people to find me/ask me questions prior to the picnic or need help finding us once we are onsite.

Edgar--can you bring our SDFF Banner??

Lesley F.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.