San Diego, CA MultiClub Summer BBQ Saturday August 25th 10 AM

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BrieKalan, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ok, here is the promised map of the Park with parking lots numbered. I've been waiting for Don to scan the Map so I could post it.

I also took the liberty of renumbering the lots, because for some reason, he numbered them from the top down, not starting from the Park Entrance, which I thought would make more sense, and be less confusing to other people. So that's what I did. If he gets mad at me for doing that, then so be it.

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Miscellaneous/MileSquareParka.jpg]

Take note that there is only one Entrance. The other roads you see going to the streets are all exits. And I believe all the exits have those lovely tire puncturing gizmos, so if you leave the Park in your vehicle, you have to pay again to re-enter.
  2. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ok, I've been informed by Rion, our Fountain Valley resident that there is an entrance to the Regional Park on Edinger, but I've always entered on Euclid, so I didn't know about that one.
  3. Clawdite_Daisy Jedi Master

star 2
    Clawdite Daisy Here. Is it too late to be added. Is anyone bringing Diet Soda. I can bring that.
  4. BrieKalan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    No, not too late!

Soda is definitely good.

As far as where we are going to be parkside--I would suggest that we go for the area by parking area 5 or 8, depending on if either spot is already taken.

Remember Don will be onsite first, then Lori. After that GForce13 will be there, then myself and Dan, and Rachel as well.

:D

We're going to have a good time!

or else....[face_devil]

5. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I don't see anyone on the list for bringing paper plates, utensils and cups. [face_worried]

Mark, our "geographically challenged" (his own words) Emperor is confused by the large map of the complete park, so I cut off the part we don't have to worry about.

The only part of the Park you need to worry about is the part of the to the right (east) of the red lines.

All the parking lots run along the one road roughly outlined in blue. Don will find somewhere to set up near one of the lots that has some shade and that's near a rest room.

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Miscellaneous/MileSquareParka2.jpg]
  6. me-gonk Jedi Master

star 4
    I am so planning to call someone when we get there to find everyone. Otherwise I feel like we'll be driving in circles for hours LOL
  7. BrieKalan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Check again, Edgar is ;)

Also, for those who plan on football....do you all want to do flag football or regular? I'll bring flags if they are needed. o_O I'm not playing...I'm the photographer!

I will post a last minute up to date list before I go to bed tonight on goodies n stuff....

I will also have dry ice and ice cream :)
  8. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Donny's bringing his regular football.

Does anyone have a volleyball or something?
  9. BrieKalan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Yes, but you can use regular footballs to play flag football. I will bring a volleyball...

[face_laugh]

Rachel, bring those extra 300 shields...we'll need em.!
  10. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I double checked and I've only got 2 left. Just give one to me and one to Liz. We'll break them both in two seconds. [face_laugh]
  11. me-gonk Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm thinking of bringing a couple of our bubble machines to entertain the kids. I just found the box in the garage that they're in finally. Kids can be entertained and kept in vaguely the same place for ages with bubbles LOL
  12. fett Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well we're certainly not playing tackle football...so flags would be great if you have them. If not, two-hand touch is fine.
  13. BrieKalan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I do have flags and elastic armbands :)

14. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    JLO just in case I packed up extra utensils, not to mention extra L.Sabers. I will also be bringing Bubble Wands and such as well as a few Super Soakers, see you all bright and early.[face_dancing]
  15. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ok, I thought I checked the list before I hit the Panic Button about the plates and ustensils. :rolleyes:

Pasta salad is made and tasted. Consensus, YUM. It'll be even better after it sits in the fridge overnight and the flavors of the roated red pepper, mushrooms, olives, red onion, salami, Parmesan cheese and Italian dressing all meld together with the pasta. =P~
  16. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    JLo I haven't had dinner yet and am starving man does that sound Yummy.;)
  17. BBQMASTER Jedi Youngling

star 2
    The Menu:

Pulled Pork [face_pig]
    BBQ Tri-Tip [face_cow]
    BBQ Chicken [face_chicken]
    Andouille Sausage :cool: it's a Cajun thing
    Chicken Jalapeno Sausage [face_dancing] BAM!

Can I kick it up a notch or what?

...and about 100 hot dogs for the younglings and the non-bbq eaters.
  18. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    My Lord BBQ Master what is thy bidding? [face_praying]
    PS: Having $20.00 in pocket and burning a whole through!!!=D=
  19. BrieKalan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    DENNIS....

I so shouldn't have read this board before dinner...

:) This is going to be a blast folks.

20. Danakin_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 1
  21. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Man, now I wish I didn't have to leave at 4pm to go suit up for the John William Tribute Symphony event. I could stay and pig out another couple hours and not have to worry about whether my Jedi belt will fit. :p
  22. BBQMASTER Jedi Youngling

star 2
    FYI - I should be on the road by 830. See you there.
  23. me-gonk Jedi Master

star 4
    Dennis, the whole family is drooling and can't wait to eat. I keep hearing "ummmmmm...pulled pork =P~ " from Gavin even. LOL

Can't wait to get there. Running a little slow this morning...bet a bunch of you are already there ;)
  24. BrieKalan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Everyone,

Thank you so much for coming to the BBQ today. This ranks up there with ComicCon for the most fun that I have had in a long time.

I'll have my pictures up tomorrow.

I really appreciate the help from Don and Lori, Rachel, Edgar, Dan, Mark and Mary (Gforce13), Mark and Debbi, and so many others that did their share to make it a great day for everyone.

Dennis, thank you so much for the food, that made everyone's day.

If you have pictures, please post and share with the group!

Lesley Farquhar (Plus Paul, Stefan, Jordan, and Brie[redhead baby])
  25. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I had a great time, and for those of you who didn't stick around, you missed us blowing stuff up. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.