main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA MultiClub Summer BBQ Saturday August 25th 10 AM

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BrieKalan, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Also we stayed till the end and was nice and dark to really enjoy our Lightsabers. Thank You all and will be planning even better explosions for next year.[face_whistling]

2. BrieKalan

BrieKalan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2006
    ROFL, I had no idea the dry ice would be such a hit. Next year, I'll have to bring more [face_devil]

3. BBQMASTER

BBQMASTER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Dry Ice Bombs Rule!!!!

4. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    DRY ICE!!!! [face_dancing]

Need to bring a hammer as well to break it up better. And save the water bottles to refill so we don't end up using every last bottle of drinking water..and...and....and...

Oh yeah...lots of fun!

The kids kept talking about it until they finally fell asleep LOL

We had a blast! Too much fun! I only wish we had been able to get there earlier :( It was quite the morning trying to get going :rolleyes: But we made it in the end and we're really glad we did.
    (Katrina, Jon, Gavin & Ewan)

5. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks everyone who organized this event. It was very nice. The food was good, the cake was very well done, everything was great.

Now, I do miss having to go to the Pacific Symphony and not seeing all this dry ice excitment.

6. BrieKalan

Jun 26, 2006
    Sadly, I forgot to take any pictures of the dry ice bombs, but Rachel and Tony did.

Speaking of:

Folks this was great fun yesterday! here's the pictures I have:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46498391@N00/sets/72157601674200176/

If you took any, please post a link so I can steal and add them the album or email me the whole lot.... zip files acceptable!

Lesley F

7. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Oh man...Bombs! We missed bombs? Dang it!!! And more importantly we missed Katrina and family!!!! :_| . At least we got to stay as long as the shadows held out! LOL

Had more fun that you can possibly imagine AND yes...I'll say it again, Dennis' BBQ was more than worth the hype and the wait and ...hint hint hint...WHEN can I get it again? [face_praying] <--on knees begging! ) LOL

Again..great getting to be with everyone!!!!

[:D]

8. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    oh sure, rub it in :p

Oh, and I have to say, this is a picture of beauty right here:

[image=http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1016/1242661124_d38ac1b8f2.jpg]

You're really trying your hardest to get me to come back to Cali, aren't you? :p

9. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    When did you guys leave? We didn't get there until..what...3:00 I think it ended up being in the end :( I think we spent more time driving there and back then we did at the event.
    I was so totally looking forward to hanging with you guys too.
    There will be a next time soon :)

10. JediZabrak

JediZabrak Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2004
    Sorry about not being able to make it to the picnic, Saturdays are always bad for me. I have synagogue service & Judo practice those days & I tried to get out of Judo practice but my Sensei wouldn't allow it. :(

11. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    JZ maybe you can make it next year and I would like to say HUZZHAH for the BBQ Master and thanks for letting us take some home it made an excellent dinner and I fell in love with your BBQ Sauce.

Yes it was a long fun day and the first time I have seen Heidi( the Dachsi)that tired in a long time she barely would get up yesterday.

I will be bringing extra Distilled Water just for the ICE BOMBS for next year, I did mention to L77 that my van has a 5lb mini sledge we could have used, but I thought the best part was when the pieces were put in the creek and you could see the CO2 gas bubbles erupting through the surface a great distances, kind of reminded me of swamp gas, Science You've got to Love it.

12. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    You should've challenged your Sensei to a duel then!!!

CORN ON THE COB!!!
    CORN ON THE KABOB!!!

13. BrieKalan

Jun 26, 2006
    ROFL, we had that going on for a while. Don had Paul's Maul saber and was going against 3 of us, whom he killed quickly... [face_blush] *embarassing...*

Then he and Mark were going at it too...

Definitely have to do this one again.

14. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    We left about 3 as well, so must have literally missed you by seconds..... and Yes, we will make sure there is a "next time soon!"[:D]

15. JediZabrak

JediZabrak Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2004
    =P~
    [face_laugh] (too funny) Yeah, I definitely will come next year.... rain or shine. Dennis's BBQ is too good to miss! =P~

16. Rowe_Solo

Rowe_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2007
    I would like to say thanks to the people who organized this event. I had a great time and the food was delicious :p )
    Hope to meet new people at the next event.

17. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Just want to thank you guys for getting that song ONCE AGAIN stuck in my head! LOL

18. Arminca

Arminca Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Yes, thank you for organizing this event. Nice getting to know different members from the other fan forces.

19. BrieKalan

Jun 26, 2006
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES

20. BBQMASTER

BBQMASTER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Error post