main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multifandom] "how dreaming becomes us" (50 Sentences) Table XXIV: Iron Man, up 7/28!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent and has Idri's super touch! I too feel like Ophelia and Hamlet did exchange such letters and share such moments. :D

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [:D]

(More to say later :) )

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes: Oh, there were moments. [face_mischief] Just ask Idri's story. [face_laugh] They really were a dear to write, so deliciously tragic. Almost as fun as writing all of the Gertrude and Claudius sentences . . . [face_whistling][face_devil]

Idri: [:D]!! They were all for you, hon. :D

~MJ@};-

4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Author's Note: So, I have finally caught up on my Merlin viewing. And you know what? It was awesome. On so many different levels. And so, there came the sentences . . . :p

An unhealthy amount of these are Morgana centered, because I was amused by her constant evil smirking, and near desperate to give it some depth past what was given for her. :p And Merlin and Arthur's bromance? Yep. For the win.

[:D]

[b]XXIII.

[blockquote]?were magic naught but a pulse to your veins?[/b]
    Table IV: July 2011 || Merlin[/blockquote]

[b][i]01. Abask[/b][/i]

Hunith watched with worried eyes as her son caused the candle to flicker in exceedingly complex patterns, the simple delight on his face a dread in her heart as she prayed to the gods to protect the boy whom had been cursed with an unusable gift.

[b][i]02. Appoint[/b][/i]

?He won't last a week under Arthur's yoke,? Morgana laughed aside to Gwen as the slip of a boy ? Merlin ? tried to keep up with the prince, prophesy a countering thing in her eyes.

[b][i]03. Appeal[/b][/i]

?There you are, Merlin, we wondered where you were hiding,? Arthur sheathed his sword as Merlin glared, giving a quick prayer for long suffering as he once again had to hide the knowledge of how he had turned the tide of the battle in the prince's favor.

[b][i]04. Appearance[/b][/i]

She became so very good at curving into shadows with him ? hiding the small flowers he left her, and stealing kisses behind columns only to break away for fear of some errant eye ? for while Gwen may have won the heart of the prince, his kiss had not turned her servant's rags to something more, and for now they had to wait behind both of their masks.

[b][i]05. Augment [/b][/i]

The first time Kilgharrah had saw the young warlock, the strands of magic that had connected Merlin to the future king had been almost tangible; and he could once again feel the call of the wind beyond as he shaped the future for all who held magic in their hearts.

[b][i]06. Allay[/b][/i]

?I dreamed of Father . . . he is not coming home this time, is he?? Morgana whispered, and Vivian put a hand before her mouth, finally admitting that her daughter was not all that she appeared to be.

[b][i]07. Abash[/b][/i]

?You always strike harshly when you feel yourself helpless against a foe,? Ygraine chided warmly, holding her husband's hand against his temper ? for her rather harsh pregnancy was not her maids fault, and they did not deserve to be scolded so.

[b][i]08. Accursed[/b][/i]

The first time Arthur was old enough to understand who burned at the witch's pyres, he was hard pressed to stand by his father's side without loosing his lunch; for no matter how many tales he had been told of magic's evil, the girl who burned was the same age as he and Morgana, and Arthur would never forget her screams.

[b][i]09. Agile[/b][/i]

?Like this,? Uther held his hand over the blade in Morgana's hand, ?indeed, if you strike this way, Arthur won't stand a chance against you - for the next few years, at least.?

[b][i]10. Answer [/b][/i]

?Such magic is not to be played with lightly, my friend!? Nimueh exclaimed, desperate that Uther not ask her for the one thing she could not give; for while she held life and death within her, she was not unfeeling on the life she would take, for magic did not lie, no matter how much the mind may have wished to.

[b][i]11. Abhor[/b][/i]

?I simply abhor bad manners,? Arthur insisted to Merlin, glower still on his face as he watched the incessant way that the innkeeper flirted with the smiling Gwen.

[b][i]12. Ambiance[/b][/i]

The first time Arthur had been presented with the peasant's fare, he had refused to eat; the second time, he had shoveled the meal down with a forced smile; and then, the next time in Ealdomere, he offered to cook himself ? a fate from which Merlin quickly stepped in and saved them all from.

[b][i]13. Allocution[/b][/i]

?There is nothing that can take you from my heart,? the King vowed, h

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    19. Aghast

?My lord, how is marital bliss suiting you?? only Morgana would dare to ask the smitten king who stared lovingly at his troll bride; the rest of the table shifting uneasily in their seats at her words.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was a great episode :D

Really great sentences!! I skipped over the last half (I haven't caught up on the second half of the third series), but I really enjoyed the early one!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent sentences. =D= The Merlin/Arthur relationship is very entertaining at times.

:)

The best treatment of the Arthurian legend was a novel called Mists of Avalon - more feminine/Morgana centered. How cool is that!

Too many authors don't know what to do with Elaine and Guinevere :p

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Nat: That was officially the best episode, ever. I had many a disturbed laugh at its expense. [face_laugh] Thank-you very much for reading! And you should totally finish Season 3 - the last episode made Morgana's smirking evil smirkiness almost worth it. [face_laugh] ;)

Deb: Indeed, it is a fun dynamic to play with - especially in this show! And I have yet to read Mists of Avalon - its on my to-read list, but I will move it up in the list at your recomendation![:D]

~MJ @};-

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Author's Notes: Because I am caught deep in the superhero rut something fierce. [face_dancing] And what is not to love about Iron Man? [face_love]

. . . I am so pumping myself up for the new Avengers movie with these, that is for sure. :p Oh, but that is going to be a fangirl's day of days! [face_dancing]

Enjoy. [:D]

[b]XXIV.

[blockquote]?the man of steel has nothing on me?[/b]
    Table II: July 2011 || Iron Man[/blockquote]

[b][i]01. Super[/b][/i]

?The man of steel has nothing on me,? Tony bragged, wagging his eyebrows at Pepper as he snapped the helmet into place, taking off before he could see the bemused shake of her head.

[b][i]02. Man[/b][/i]

She all but moved into the mansion in the days after Tony went missing in order to handle her duties, and she told herself she wasn't missing him ? wasn't mourning him; because mourning meant that he wasn't coming home, and she refused to give up on him.

[b][i]03. Son[/b][/i]

?Your father,? Nick Fury said, and for a moment Tony fell silent, desperate for any memory of a man he had only known as cold and foreboding.

[b][i]04. Krypton[/b][/i]

He didn't need an enchanted rock to be a danger to him, she was more than enough to disarm him completely; and over the years, that was a fact that was exploited time and time again.

[b][i]05. Behalf [/b][/i]

He never remembered the names ? the nothing-like shapes and faces who passed into his arms and out; Pepper he knew, remembered each and every one ? for legal purposes, she mumbled under her breath when asked, and he let her keep her reasoning with hardly a smirk on his face.

[b][i]06. Heritage[/b][/i]

Howard Stark looked down at his son doodling at the opposite end of his desk as he completed his work - sketched plans for both SHIELD and a new era to come, a future that he would someday trust Anthony to carry completely.

[b][i]07. Raise[/b][/i]

?You do not pay me enough, Mr. Stark,? Pepper said, not even looking up from her blackberry as she walked behind him, heels clicking out a smart cadence in a counterpoint to his lazy stride.

[b][i]08. Decency[/b][/i]

?Well, I could bring someone else with me, Potts, but then who would be there on my arm to keep me from saying something horribly non-PC to that idiot from Beijing? ? and so if you want to skip the legal paperwork, I say you just come as my date tonight.?

[b][i]09. Farm[/b][/i]

Some days, Pepper was convinced that she would quit and move somewhere quiet ? Kansas, maybe ? where she would be away from her truly insane boss and her blackberry that just [i]wouldn't stop ringing[/i], but she never got around to the paperwork, and really ? she had never been a fan of country living, anyway.

[b][i]10. Small [/b][/i]

?I'm thinking a small wedding ? in the summer maybe, and you can invite your crazy mother and I can let the team tag along, and then . . . what, did I say something funny?? Tony broke off at the rather stupid grin on Pepper's face, inspired by something so simply domestic from the man who never wanted to settle down.

[b][i]11. Town[/b][/i]

?Oh yes, General Fury, because New York was a perfect idea for a base,? Tony mumbled from the backseat as his beautiful, [i]beautiful[/i] Audi was forced to sit through the Manhattan gridlock in the deep of winter.

[b][i]12. Courtesy[/b][/i]

?Not that I am concerned ? or care or anything like that,? her face flushed adorably when she stammered, the freckles on her nose dark against her skin, ?but may I point out the obvious in seeing a woman who likes to call herself the Black Widow??

[b][i]13. Burgeon[/b][/i]

It hit him then, when the plane ramp lowered and he could see how hard she was trying not to cry ? that he had missed one person more than he could reason while in Afghanistan, and God, but didn't that make something uncomfortable lodge behind his heart ? right where his arc reactor now was.

[b][i]14. Acceptance[/b][/i]

He tapped a single finger at the metal at his chest,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.