main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multifandom] "in answer to the shrouded heart" (50 Sentences) Table I: Captain America, on 1/12

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Jan 12, 2012.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    ?in answer to the shrouded heart?

Genre
    : Everything
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Everywhere
    Characters: Everyone

Summary: Snippets from a dozen fandoms for the 2012 Fifty Sentence Challenge.

Notes: Because a table a month is much more feasible a goal than four tables. :p This year I fully anticipate completing the challenge as it was meant to be. As with last year, no fandom will be repeated, and while I tackle this year's tables, I intend to chip away at the ones I left incomplete last year as bonuses. So there. :cool:

Disclaimer: Nothing is mine, but for the words.

[blockquote][u][b]Masterlist[/b][/u][/blockquote]
    [b]January[/b]: [color=purple][i]Captain America[/i][/color]
    [b]February[/b]:
    [b]March[/b]:
    [b]April[/b]:
    [b]May[/b]:
    [b]June[/b]:
    [b]July[/b]:
    [b]August[/b]:
    [b]September[/b]:
    [b]October[/b]:
    [b]November[/b]:
    [b]December[/b]:

[hr]

[color=purple][blockquote][i]?So, through me, freedom and the sea
    will call in answer to the shrouded heart?

~ [b]Pablo Neruda[/b], ?The Poet's Obligation?[/i][/blockquote][/color]

[hr]

[b]Author's Note:[/b] This first set is drawn from my love of Steve Rodgers, and my thousandth viewing of the [i]Avengers[/i] trailer (because one cannot see Loki throw Tony Stark out of a window enough times). Oh, but May cannot come soon enough for me. :p

[blockquote][b]I.[/b]

[b]?in history, many names are ours?[/b]
    (January 2012 || ?Captain America?)[/blockquote]

[b][i]01. Acceptance[/b][/i]

The forth time Steve Rogers found his application stamped with the glaring 4H (declaring him medically and physically unfit for duty in the most punctuated of ways), he traced the curve of the stamped symbols with his finger, and tried to let acceptance root in his heart ? he just wasn't what his country needed.

[b][i]02. Arrange[/b][/i]

Doctor Erskine had seen what had happened when strong men took the serum with hearts that did not match, and so he vowed that this time it would be different - for he would rather destroy his work than unleash another Johann Schmidt upon the world.

[b][i]03. Askance[/b][/i]

?I said it was [i]developing[/i] technology,? Howard Stark frowned as the flight repulsors fizzled out, glaring at his robotic aides, convinced that it was somehow their fault, ?now, just to make sure that this doesn't happen at the exhibition.?

[b][i]04. Accoutrement[/b][/i]

?Maybe they will find need for a mascot,? James Barnes ? [i]Bucky[/i], always, to him ? snickered, clapping him hard enough on the back so that he pitched forward, ?you'd look good in spandex, Steve.?

[b][i]05. Appropriate[/b][/i]

The first time Steve saw Agent Margaret Carter, he had been shocked to see a woman (especially one as lovely as her, though he was not looking at the dark cast of her hair, the red slash of her lips ? thank-you sir, but no) commanding on the front lines, but then again ? if the war was ready to take a slip of a guy like him, then why not a girl as well?

[b][i]06. Appeal
    [/b][/i]
    And then she laid Hodge (for making crude jokes about queen and country, heels and homes) out with just a shrewdly placed blow, and Steve couldn't help the warm sort of glow that sparked deep inside of him.

[b][i]07. Almighty[/b][/i]

The northern ground of Norway seemed to radiate a divinity long lost to mankind, and Schmidt smiled when his breath frosted on the air, imagining that he walked where the very Gods did long before.

[b][i]08. Abject[/b][/i]

?Yes, Germany was my home,? Erskine said softly, needing Steve to understand that while wars were fought, both sides had those good at heart ? and often times, the people who lived beneath the dragon's lair were those most persecuted of all.

[b][i]09. Abstruse[/b][/i]

While Zola understood numbers, facts and figures, the higher powers that Schmidt was confident he could control made

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    The end was so sad and so sweet! Fabulous sentences [:D]