main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multifandom] In Any Worldscape, We are the Only Truth- ST/Dr. Who. Three Acts; 09-05-11.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: In Any Worldscape, We Are the Only Truth

Author: Jade eyes

Fandom(s) ST meets Dr. Who :cool: !!!!!!!!!!

Characters: Ensemble cast.

Genre: Action, humor, romance.

Disclaimer: Borrowing with much [face_love] -- Audrey is borrowed from Master Jay. @};- I don't own Doctor Who, Rory or Amy Pond, either.

Summary: Master Jay's amazing challenge based upon in part Trek Voyager Work Force
    Elements:
    A) Nyota or Audrey are pregnant. :D ;)
    B) Their loves suffer a memory loss of some degree on an alien world, but the emotional/mental bond remains - as exemplified by caring about them and being protective in Kyp/Luke fashion. =P~
    C) This bond provides a key to solving the dilemma. :* [face_love]
    D) ...Along with a medical solution, which brings Christine into the mix.
    ;)

Clarifying Note: This happenstance occurs because of the use of Force-like mind techniques to ameliorate desperate circumstances of a world in crisis.

~~~~~

Prelude: What Strange Event is This

On a world whose distress call had drawn the Enterprise to render aid in the wake of a plague just past ... they found a society ravaged by many casualties and because of much marrying between clans, the gene pool was depleted.

The inhabitants had what fans of Star Wars or Dune would call mentalistic skills: able to shape perceptions and alter memories.

They did this through innate biological talents enhanced with technological advances, dampeners and boosters, respectively.

When Jim, Audrey, Spock, and Nyota had transported down to meet the Prefectress, no one had a "bad feeling" -- although in hindsight, they probably should.

On the Sidelines

The Doctor scans the environs and notes the situation, and Amy gasps: "It's a trap!"

Rory asks: "Are we going to do something to help?"

The Doctor smiles enigmatically. "Let's see how things play out; this crew is quite resourceful. We want to be unobtrusive..."

"For a change." Amy quips.

Rory laughs, and the Doctor merely winks.

+++

TBC ... :) :)

LOL

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Deb!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

This could quite possibly be everything I never knew I always wanted as a fangirl!

The fandoms! The premise! And dear Gods above, but that marvelous poetic gem of a title!! :D

And then:

The Doctor smiles enigmatically. "Let's see how things play out; this crew is quite resourceful. We want to be unobtrusive..."

"For a change." Amy quips.

Yep. This is going to be BRILLIANT! :cool:[face_dancing]

I am stoked to see you branching out with your fandoms, while still keeping all the same everything we already knew and loved. [face_love]

[face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I foresee this will be riveting. :D

Are you doing PMs? If so, please PM me when you update. :D

PS - I'm not very familiar with Dr. Who (when I read Doctor, my mind immediately assumed McCoy :p) so I might ask some 8-} questions from time to time.

4. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh Deb! This is gonna be awesome! I just do not have the time to do such a plot bunny! And a Dr. Who cross over!

I have a feeling we are in for a ride!

I'm glad to see this up!

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love this, all of my favorite fandoms together. PM please

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all. @};-

Now presenting:

Act One- Several Things Amiss...

The sudden blackout of communicatiosn was alarming! Sulu couldn't penetrate the unexplained jamming, and Janice couldn't pierce through it.

It was as if a barrier was erected.

The Prefectress was absolutely incommunicado. Every attempt at contact set off a round of dead ends and run-aarounds.

Audrey and Uhura were on a stake-out. They brought down the criminals with fast teamwork. Then they went to the music club where Uhura sang with a four-piece band.

Audrey was carrying twins, as a surrogate. She'd been sporting a headache all day, as if something vital was just out of range. Oddly, Uhura was having the same difficulty.

Spock and Jim stopped in at the bar. Spock felt an automatic tug toward the lovely Nyota, whose voice floated like bells on the air to enrapture the audience.

Jim, for his part, felt something draw him toward the stunning Detective Sergeant Pearce.

He sauntered up to Audrey and asked if he could buy her a drink or at least see her home. "The streets can get fierce this time of night." He said jovially.

She smiled. "I can handle myself."
    "I bet you can." He winked. "But you know, having someone along could deter a would-be ..."

She chuckled. "You want to be my bodyguard?"

His soft laugh disarmed her. "There are so many ways I could answer that question, but I feel we should introduce ourselves and have dinner, first."

Her own laughter rippled. She'd never had this reaction to anyone before. Audrey knew a "bloke on the make", but this didn't feel like that.

She smiled and agreed, and they exchanged names and comm-numbers. They arranged to meet one evening that week end for dinner.

Uhura came up then while the badn took a break. "Who's your friend?" She asked Audrey.

Audrey told her.

"And who's your friend?" She asked Kirk.

"A logistical programs consultant to the GBI." He answered.

All three moved to Kirk's table until Uhura's next set. She and Spock, after being introduced, talked of music and of the forensic versus the hands-on kinds of investigating.

"There's a restaurant three blocks from here, with a rotating rooftop garden with tables set out for private dining, for business or elegant dining." Audrey said. "The roof is glassed so you can see out, but the weather can't get in. Let's make it a double date, shall we?"

Uhura flushed, not with ire at the arrangement, but with pleasure.

The gentlemen seemed agreeable, for sure.

When they parted company, the air felt electric and supercharged with something... on the brink of special.

+++++

Act Two-But Getting There...

The date went off wonderfully. Banter and warmth sparkled on all sides.

It felt like best friendships were forming, and something more.

Meanwhile, Yolette had come up with a theoretical and still somewhat untried method of phase-shifting by combining and sequencing different shield and comm frequencies.

This seemed to be working.

They just needed to see if they could punch a hole through with their weaponry arsenal.

A few rounds in the sims and through the computer seemed to indicate it would work.

+++

Act Three-Helping Out...

The weapons work but need a stronger boost. Perusing the timestream, it is discovered that Audrey's child is the ancestor of a prominent diplomat.

So, things are set to rights by demolishing the mental field boosters and the mentational skills for implanting memories/experiences.

"You've ruined everything!" The prefectress charges.

Jim scowls. "I don't know what you're talking about." He says. For all he and the landing team know/recall, they just arrived a few hours ago and were embroiled in talks.

"You either want our help, or you don't." McCoy grouses. He had joined the team once communication traffic was opened again.

It is decided to move the survivors to a world where they can intermarry and which has not been ravaged. If the land ever recovers, their descendants can return.

The

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A nice conclusion to your story. More of these stories coming[face_batting]

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, that is a great conclusion to a very interesting story :D =D=

[:D]

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a whole lot of fun! I loved seeing how all of the different threads wove together.

And then, this:

And later, when Audrey and Jim discuss possible names, she is suddenly struck for some unknown reason with the name Amelia.

And time continues on. [face_laugh]

Perfect. =D=

~MJ @};-

10. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Such a fitting end!

I loved the name for the girl. I've been trying to figure out what Jim and Audrey would name their child if it was a girl.

Great job Deb! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thank you for the challenge & to Mira and Idri for introducing me to the wild and wacky world of Who and Co. rofl

Wookiee [:D] !!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.