main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Multimedia X-change meet

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Been a while since we had a fanforce meet and I had an idea for a meet we could have during the school holidays when I'm in Perth next. The idea came to me when I uploaded the Mark Hamill tv ad for JA. I figured that a lot of us have probably got fanfilms and other stuff that not many other folks have got. I could bring along some full CDs and some blank CDs and we could do some swaps (assuming we meet somewhere that's got a CD burner or two). I'm not suggesting a leech-fest for pirating games or anything like that. Just a get together to exchange any cool multimedia stuff we might have and save each other some horrendous downloads.
    I know there's planty of fanfilms I haven't got that someone else could save me the effort of downloading. Anyone who attends could bring some blank CDs and some CDs of stuff they've got or even bring their PC. I could bring my laptop.
    For example, here's some of the stuff I could bring:
    Thumbwars
    Hardware Wars
    The Muppet Show - an episode where the special guest stars were Mark Hamill and Luke Skywalker (yes they were on the show separately :) ). It also had artoo chewie and threepio. Pretty cool to watch.
    Quite a few other fanfilms.
    Lots of non-starwars stuff like the entire series of Dilbert cartoons, Invader Zim, several old loony tunes & disney cartoons. Lots of music videos including quite a few Wierd al Yankovic ones.

Anyone interested in doing something like this?

2. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    That sounds like a fantastic idea to me. Count me in... :D

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm there for sure. I've been looking for that muppet episode for ages!

So, where and when?

4. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I'm in.
    I'll just be bringing CDs though. (blank ones as well as ones full of various downloadable goodies)

5. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'd be interested, it would be great to catch up with some of the old gang and meet some of the newer people I have not had a chance to meet yet.

I can't think of anything that I could contribute to such a meet though.

6. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I can! Apart from seeing you again, of course... But we could meet your kidlet... :D

7. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Well, we could have it here..... for starters I have buttloads of ummmm, how do I put this delicately, full length trailers, tv series and other multimedia snippets, and we have three working burners, 2x 52 speed ones and 1x 6 speed external on my laptop. We also have a network hub that people can connect into if they want to bring over laptops or something.....

Also it would be good to catch up with everyone I haven't seen in eons... :)

Ds

8. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Sounds like a plan DS. I'll probably be down for a week during the school holidays. Not sure which week but either way, I could make sure I'm there for the weeend in the middle of the holidays. And don't worry if anyone doesn't have any films etc to bring. It's not really a trade as such. More of a way for those of us who do have some cool stuff to share with those who haven't. Besides. I was hoping that on this visit I'd be able to catch up with SM and a few of you other guys I haven't seen since I moved out here.
    I might be tempted to bring my PC along since it's got both a CD burner and a DVD burner and it would also be nice and easy to copy stuff traight to and from my hard drive. It's a bit of a hasle bringing a PC all that way though so I probably won't.

9. MisFitToy

MisFitToy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2003
    I may turn up to this. it just depends on when it is for assignments, work exp and stuff.

10. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm thinking right in the middle of holidays so you should be ok for work experience and assignments. Possibly 17th April. If DS will host it then it will mainly be up to him but it would be cool to get a lot of people there for it.

11. MisFitToy

MisFitToy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2003
    The term break is when i'll be doing work exp. but obviously if that's when you're going to be in perth it would be logical to have it then :)

12. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    If we have it on a saturday it should suit most people. How about early afternoon on Saturday 17th? I've got something on that night but afternoon suits me. We could spend a few hours exchanging stuff to our heart's content. :)

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Im unbanned!!! WOOT!

oh yeah...uh. Yea I'm in for a X-change meet for sure!

14. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Just as long as we don't decide to ban you from the meet. ;)
    Of course you're welcome!

15. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    That weekend sounds cool to me...... it should be the first weekend I will have off from Circle of the Sword shows.....we have a show almost every weekend until then :)

16. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    So I'm told, we got asked to put in an appearance at some of them.
    Had a great timke at the last one, so we'll go along this time too.

Anyway, good chance my sched should be clear for this meet, so we're there...

17. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'll be there I'm sure.

18. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Sounds good to me.

19. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Just wondering Dan. Rather than bringing a whole PC, would it be ok to just bring my spare hard drive and connect it up to one of the machines there? That way I could load it with stuff and copy stuff on to it too.

20. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    No probs we can whack it into my rig.....

DS

21. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    So we still doing this?

22. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    last time I checked we were...... I will post more official details next week, however keep the Saturday in the middle of the school holidays free :)

23. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm certainly still in. I'll need to leave by 5 in the afternoon but there shoudl be plenty of time before that if we get started early enough. Maybe we could start a thread with lists of who's got and who wants what so we don't have a bunch of people all bringing the same stuff.

24. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Why make a whole new thread. You can always add something to the subject in the original post to include that stuff and list it all in here...

25. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Now there will be a DVD burner there right?
    I'm thining I might just bring a few rewritable DVDs loaded with stuff for everyone else, and once everyone's got what they want off them I'll burn what I want on them. Here's some stuff I'm thinking of bringing if anyone's interested.

Various starwars promo stuff that wasn't included on the DVDs. A few fanfilms that aren't readily available on TFN.
    Muppet show starwars special with special guests chewie, artoo, threepio, luke skywalker and mark hamill (mark and luke as separate guests on the show :p ).

Non starwars stuff
    Entire series of Dilbert cartoon.
    Battlestar galactica episodes (including the new remake)
    Goodies episodes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.