main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Multiplayer PC games every Thursday and Saturday!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Connemara, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    That's right, a newly instituted gaming scheme from those gaming schemers extraordinaire, the JCNGL, here's what we're thinking:

Every Thursday night at 6:30 pm board, and every Saturday afternoon at 12:30 pm board time, CommanderSesfan or I will open a gamers chat room on AIM, from which we will plan out games. (if you don't have AIM and don't want it, PM one of us, we can still work something out so you can join games),

Some days we might plan the game ahead of time, and post a thread announcing our plans. But if no thread is posted, then the game will be planned in those pre-game chats.

Basically, our goal with this is to make gaming easier and more fun for the people here. You?ll always know when there is going to be a game, or at least when we?ll get together and discuss gaming, but this isn?t tied to any one game. Anyone is welcome to join, just let me or Sesfan know in this thread or through PM, so you will be added to the IM list. Then all ya hafta do is be online at those times, and you?ll be invited in the chat.

This thread also serves the purpose of being a place where you can discuss games to be played each week, or post whether you want to play or not, and so forth. It?s a base everyone can touch, to discuss gaming plans.

2. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    That's right...we had regular JA games going last year for a bit, which was a ton of fun....I'd like to start up that sort of thing again, and throw some Battlefront, GBG, original JK, etc. into the mix. Also, I want to start using Teamspeak to coordinate ingame. Post here to support this!

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Sounds awesome! I know Saturdays arn't any good for me, but Thursdays are fine. . . that is unless I'm watching CSI again. ;)

4. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Team speak is awesome, and I recomend it highly for any of our games. It's majorly fun, hehe.

And no CSI for you, Errant. :p ;)

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Cool. I'll play when timezone & family commitments allow it. Especially once I get broadband in the new year. :D

6. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I should be in for some of the Saturday games.

Thursdays I'm in class at that point though, so no dice for me.

7. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Cool JP. You neeeeed to get AIM though!

And Aragorn, lookin forward to seeing you on Saturdays. :)

8. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I could be up for this, though I'll need to find my JA CD again and practice up a bit...

9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I have chat programs, Conne. I just choose not to use them.

10. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Speaking of coordinating in-game movements, I havn't figured out how to change teams in MP Battlefront yet. Have you Ses?

11. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Oh...forgot.

Games I have:

XWA, JO, GBG, Rebellion, JK (uninstalled).

JA disk was eaten by a dog, I believe, along with my NWN and KotOR play cds. Horrible.

May have Battlefront after Christmasish.

12. CommanderSesfan

Jun 1, 2001
    Yes, I HAVE figured out how to change teams in Battlefront! In the lobby, some games (the ones that allow team switching) have big Rebel and Imperial signs (Or Republic/CIS signs) floating....just click on the one you want to be. It works in singleplayer too for instant action maps :)

Aragorn: hit your dog. now.

13. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    This sounds great. I can't wait to actually get these games started. I have had some computer problems as of recently and have to restore a lot of my programs and save files, but all is good.
    Most every one of my games are uninstalled, so that will make things a little difficult. After Christmas I should have everything figured out 100% though.
    I am planning on getting a bunch of stuff for my computer too. New processor, bigger drive, and some other stuff. Maybe DSL, but that might be pushing it. :p Not to mention games. I am hoping for Battle Front, but idunno.The subscription thing kinda scares me.I will also need to get a headset for teamspeak, thank you Christmas.

Anyway, this will be really cool once I get thinks working again. Both days should be good for me, once football is over. 1 more win until we go to states! :D

14. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Hawk- it would be great if you joined us! I don't think I've ever played you...though I may have played some JK with you, I can't quite recall.

JP- Bah, well, can ya use AIM during game times? And give Sessy or I the SN?

Aragorn- Your dog just sucks :(

Chim- I can't wait for you to be able to join games again too! You haven't made it to one yet, but maybe this week.:)

15. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    GBG is being goofy for me. It won't work no matter what I do.
    I miss playing JA. When Ses and I would go into some random server (occasionally ChopShop) and demolish what we found. Those were the days. I don't think I have played since. :(

16. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I'll play, but I don't have any of those new fangled games like JA or BF :(

17. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I could still win in JO.

18. CommanderSesfan

Jun 1, 2001
    JO is definitely an option, I think we all have it.

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    And it's a more solid game than JKA.

20. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I don't have JO, someone email me it

21. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    I can aim for those Saturday games. Own GB + CC, JO, JA, XWA, XvT + BoP, uh.....UT2004? ;)

22. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    I prefer JO to JA anyway. You have no idea how ticked I was when the server changed to a JA server. :confused:

We need a new server. :p

23. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I could aim for the saturday games but then again I hardly play PC games on a serious basis now a days and I'll be nothing more then "free" frags :p

That and I need to find my JO CD again :)

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "I don't have JO, someone email me it"

Sure; do you need a better video card to run it too? I can e-mail that to you as well.

Oh, and Conne: there are plenty of good gunz servers out there still. TFN is not the only one, believe it or not.

25. Riley Man

Riley Man Jedi Master star 5

Dec 19, 1999
    Mind if I join in again? ;)

I've got Battlefront, GBG, and JO. I have XWA, but my joystick is busted (plus, my new comp doesn't have the old type of joystick connector).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.