main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Multiplayer PC games every Thursday and Saturday!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Connemara, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Woohoo!! I'm all set now. Got the mic going so I can join Teamspeak too. I'll cya at the next game guys :D

2. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, tested out Kart's mic with him last night, everything seems to be in order. :D

I'm bummed I'm gonna miss the first part of gaming on Thursday, but I'm gonna try not to be too wiped out, so I can play after I get home. ;)

3. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Been a little quiet lately, so let's hope all the big names appear for thursday.

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Seeing as we have a round or two of lovely X-Wing Alliance scheduled, I was wondering if anyone fancies to cOUNT SUM SAUCY STRIKES (read: play counterstrike source) with me and maybe Sesfan? :p

5. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I'm not allowed to play Alliance :(

6. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    haven't got source i'm afraid, though i do have the original.

7. Riley Man

Riley Man Jedi Master star 5

Dec 19, 1999
    So you guys are planning for XWA on Thursday? Unfortunately I can't play that game -- busted joystick.

8. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I miss the JCNGL Forceboat Squadron. And...final in Japanese Thursday, so, can't make it then.

Possibly Saturday...if anyone wants to at some point this weekend, drop an IM to CrazyLikeTehFox on AIM.

9. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Should XWA ever come up in the rotation, and I'm assuming it is this Thursday, download and install this, please. Be sure to make a copy of your XWingAlliance directory so you can restore it on the fly after testing of this mod is finished.

Download the NJO Multi-Mod Alpha for XWA (22MB)

Chris

10. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Well, we played a bunch of JA tonight....sorry I didn't post the IP, it was kind of a spur of the moment thing with me and Kart and Venture for a little bit. Kart and I practiced a ton, I think we both really improved....he schooled me at first but I came back when I started using Dark Side powers instead of Light Side. I will do my best to get an XWA game going on Thursday, but I've been having trouble hosting...is there anyone around who can host XWA? Rich, I'll play some Source with you tomorrow, I'm pretty much done for tonight....big final exam tomorrow.

11. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Yeah, it was fun while it lasted, and my connection died out on me. Or I lost so much bandwidth, I might as well of lost my connection. Thankfully its back now though!

12. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Know what might be a good idea? Well, lemme tell you.

If anyone who's interested in games with others here reserved a line in their sig for the multiplayer games they owned, abbreviated.

For example, I would have:
    GBG(+CC),JK(+MoTS),Reb,XWA

Which would translate to: "I own, and am willing to play Galactic Battlegrounds (with Clone Campaigns), Jedi Knight (with Mysteries of the Sith), Rebellion, and X-Wing Alliance"

If it took off, the FAQ could have explanations of all the abbreviations

13. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    is there anyone around who can host XWA?

If you need a host during the weekend ever, I can.

14. deadjedi_willbe

deadjedi_willbe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    I figured it woulda been changed by this morning.

15. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Errr...what woulda been changed?

And yeah,. sorry I didn't join you guys last night. I don't know TS was breaking up so bad though. I couldhear Kart all right, as well as one could ever heard someone from the other side of the world probably, but I never caught anything more than a word or two from Sessy. :confused:

16. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    For example, I would have:
    GBG(+CC),JK(+MoTS),Reb,XWA

Which would translate to: "I own, and am willing to play Galactic Battlegrounds (with Clone Campaigns), Jedi Knight (with Mysteries of the Sith), Rebellion, and X-Wing Alliance"

If it took off, the FAQ could have explanations of all the abbreviations

I like your idea Flare, but... perhaps we could make a Sticky Multiplayer directory, have everything listed out on a single page, rather than mixed into the thread.

It'd mean everyone'd have to PM me a list of all their multiplayer games... but, well, it'd work.

17. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Yay more work for SC...that alone makes it worthwhile. ;)

18. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    There's a Big 'B' button that looks pretty worthwhile when you say that. :p

19. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Good idea Flare....and I like Rich's addition to it as well, a multiplayer directory would be great. Aragorn, could you perhaps host an XWA game this Saturday for us?

20. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    I hope there will be some JOing this weekend as well? I am gonna be lookin for some fragging after spending the entire day decorating the house...trust me. I NEEEEED JO. :p

And yeah, I don't know about the sig thing, sig space is limited and people lotsa times have a lot of stuff they want in there. But the directory would be cool maybe.

21. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    A directory is an idiotic idea. Someone would have to gather all that information and keep it constantly updated. Again I say...idiotic.

If you can't devote one line of your sig for gaming, then go to the collectors forum or something.

Idiotic.

22. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Well after a good few hours the other day testing my JA skills, I'm confident I can put in a good show in JO or JA now, so bring it on :p

I'll cya tonight guys (that's friday morning my time in case you were wondering).

23. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
  24. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    There's nothing idiotic about it Flare. Look up at the top of the page already there is an index of the entire Games section. That has to be updated all the time, but I at least find it quite helpful when looking for threads about certain games.

Nothing wrong with having an index for people who wanna play games to list what they have. I am not sure it's neccessary, but it's not idiotic either.

Man, I hope we find another server for tonight. Was I the only one having leg problems? I thought I saw someone else, Rich or Janson I forget which, doing the infamous lagtastic running in place. But I could be wrong.

Oh and I learned one cannot pay JO one handed. :p

25. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    That has to be updated all the time.

Yeah... heh. :p

I don't quite see how idiotic it is Flare, I have plenty of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.