main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Mum's Intervention' responce to the The Awesome Challenge Centers Official Ultimate Challenge !

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Intangable, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Intangable

Darth_Intangable Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2006
    Title: Mum's Intervention
    Author: Darth_Intangable
    Authors Note: The Awesome Challenge Centers Official Ultimate Challenge found here: Awesome Challenge Center
    Couple: Han and Leia
    Disclaimer: none of this is mine?so don?t sue

The two lovers were as happy as they could be, basking in eachother's warmth and embrace, enjoying the immense pleasure that only they could, when suddenly the alarm sirens went off.

"Kriff it!" Han swore, sitting up in their bed and swinging his feet down to the cold metal floor.

"Chewie!" he froze, hitting himself on the head, why, O why, had he let Chewie go to Kashyyyk for the week? Why had he decided that he wouldn't need his help for the mission? Slowly, he made his way toward the maintenance shafts in the Falcon, trying not to disturb his wife.

Looking back at her he realized that she was awake, and not amused. Chocolate hair swinging in front of her face she just said, "If we're late for the peace negotiations on Corellia, this bucket of bolts is being replaced with a nice, diplomatic shuttle."

Han just chuckled at her, knowing that she was joking, and flippantly responded, "this 'bucket of bolts' will get us there with time to spare Princess, you just worry about being perfect."

Shaking her head Leia lay back down and went to sleep, ignoring the warning sirens that were too often heard aboard the Falcon.

Smiling his patented half smile Han made his way over to the hyperdrive, deciding from the frequency of the warning sirens that that was the most likely trouble spot. Grabbing a hydrospanner he crouched down next to the drive, muttering about how the 'walking carpet' just had to decide to visit his family right now, he spotted a loose wire and gently tweaked it in experimentation.

The whole ship jerked, sending him flying into a mass of coils and wires. Muttering Corellian curses, he scrambled to his feet and ran to the cockpit. When he arrived he absently noted that Leia was already in the co-pilots seat. He paused for a split second to note the absurdity of the small woman sitting in Chewbacca's huge chair, before settling down in his own, and keying up the nav-charts.

Leia just sat there, feeling rather useless as Han went over the charts for what had to be the hundredth time, even her legendary patience was wearing thin, finally she snapped, "Where are we."

Smirking Han replied "Coruscant of course."

"What!"

"Coruscant Princess."

"How is that possible? We were going in the other direction!"

"I don't know, it probably has something to do with the hyperdrive, I told Chewie that we should've spent another hour or two on it."

"The hyperdrive broke again? How could you?" her words were abruptly cut of as Coruscant rotated into the viewports, "Han," she whispered, "Does it seem like there are too many lights to you?"

Han peered thru the viewports with a knitted brow, "Yah, it looks like it did when I was a?kid."

The holoreciever came on with a click, "unidentified freighter, please state name and purpose of visit."

Exchanging glances with Leia, Han leaned forward before saying into the transponder, "this is the Millennium Falcon, Captain Han Solo speaking, and we are here for a," he paused looking at Leia, silently she mouthed words at him, "peace treaty meeting."

"Thank you, and have a nice visit to Coruscant Millennium Falcon."

Softly Leia watched large burnt out ships in there orbit around the planet, "does it seem like there was a battle here recently to you?"

Han just nodded, his normal dash blown out by the strangeness of their circumstances.

As they descended bumpily into the atmosphere a mechanical voice cackled onto the receiver, "Millennium Falcon, you've been cleared for landing at diplomatic landing bay, 1263, directly beside the Jedi Temple, please follow all docking procedures and wait for your guide to arrive."

As it snapped off Han exclaimed "What now!?"

"Now we...

2. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Great entry, D_I! =D=

3. Darth_Intangable

Jan 4, 2006
    thanks

-A

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Loved it...

I liked the Leia/ Padme interaction....

FL @};-

5. Darth_Intangable

Jan 4, 2006
    thanks FL

-A

6. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    wow...i don't feel i should comment on any of the stories in depth in case someone says i'm favoring someone else but this is remarkable...and that's all i'm saying!!!!!!!

great unique perspective to this!

meg

7. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Excellent entry.=D=

I was hoping someone was going to do a Han/Leia pairing. And it was very ingenious to have Padme save her husband for them. Han got off easy, didn't he?

As Leia got into the speeder she could've sworn that her mother winked at her.

I guess it wasn't a dream after all.

8. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Wow, that was just too cool! :cool:

Padmé's the one who changes history, eh? I loved it! If she can't, no one can, and I believe she could if she knew what was happening. I lvoed her reaction to Leia's "It's a long story, mom" *giggles* that was priceless!

I really enjoyed this entry :D

9. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Loved it D_I=D=, wonderful response to the challenge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.