main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mundial 2002

Discussion in 'Archive: Portugal' started by DarkWoman, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haakun

haakun Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    good luck against Korea. ;)

2. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    thank you...
    I personally am being very realistic, i think we can probably not win. Unless Portugal really gets to be back what it was. If portugal even better than the last game, then i believe we can win. If not, we loose. or draw. (wich will make us loose anyway)

3. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Portugal lost, just because 2 players were send out.
    Well the EC 2004 is in Portugal, perhaps they will win it (probably not, only if the coach is changed)

4. haakun

haakun Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    Man, Joao Pinto and Beto got to be idiots.
    With a draw Portugal would have gone through.

Well, good luck in 2004 Portugal. :)

5. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Yeah, I've been wondering will Figo and the others still be in the team for Euro 2004?

6. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Hm... João Pinto sucked... Not only is his actions against the Korean player, but also in his actions against the referee. And even with the images he keeps saying he didn't do anything... I sicerely hope this time FIFA gives an example that will be remembered by the rest of our selection in future soccer events. They need to realize a few things, such as 'dont touch the referee' it that too much to ask for? Or do they just not have the IQ to comprehend it? :p

7. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Unfortunally, Figo and Nuno Gomes were recovering from injures, that is why both of them had a much more modest gameplay on this championship.

I've heard that Figo said he did not want to be a part of the portuguese selection anymore in the future. Still have to confirm that.

Nuno Gomes is young, so I believe that in 2004 he will play, unless he's injured like he was now.

João Pinto will probably be prohibited by FIFA of ever playing football again in any team. (I think that is a little bit way to strong punishment.)

There will be some changes in the team to 2004. The team needs to have changes. the olders leaving space for "new blood".

I think the coach will also be replaced. Ppl want him to be changed. But i don't want to make any guaranties.

Our team was not very playing bad. (compared to the other 2 games)
    And i even got the surprise that EUA was loosing 2-0. Never would imagine. So it really was sad to be excluded. The fault is also that we lost in the first game against EUA. If we had not, we would have passed. We had the skill to do it... it was proven: Polonia won EUA by 2-0. Portugal won Polonia by 4-0 (the more correct result should have been 7-2).

8. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    The coach is was bad. I like the other one during Euro 2000.
    So Figo is never going to play anymore for the team interesting...

9. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Quite honestly, IMHO, I think Figo could be bluffing a bit.

Why? I'll explain.

He has the status of the best world player and FIFA takes him in great consideration.
    In saying he wants to leave because of the whole João Pinto thing, he's showing his support to him and at the same times, making a 'semi-threat' to FIFA. Something like 'if you hit him too hard, Ill leave.'.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

I could be wrong. I am aware he was already thinkign of leaving soccer, before.

10. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Hey, he's rich now.
    He doesn't need to play football or work.
    He must have enough money for the rest of his life. So he can now relax and enjoy.

If only everyone could do and say that. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.