main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Muscians needed!!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Mert_Skywalker, Dec 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Singers, guitarists, pianists, lend me your ears!!!

Aight, I am starting a new band with my friend and WE NEED MUSCIANS! If you play ANYTHING at all we'll accept ya! If there are too many people for one position (ie guitar), than there will be auditions (I have some vito power in this, so there will only be one guitarist other than me). Any type of instrument is wanted, from Electric bass to Violin. ALSO, all you singers out there, we are looking for TWO singers (One male, one female) for our band. If you wonder what type of music it will be, the answer is ALL types (Well, except country and dance). But we're looking for an innovative sound that will be enjoyable by all. So if you live in or can get rides to the downtown St.Catharines area to practice, reply!!!

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Sorry, I?m not much help in this area, unless I get the drum set I asked for, for Christmas. I can sing in the shower GREAT!!! Does that count?

I can make a few suggestions, if the people I suggest don?t mind.

Stef has a beautiful singing voice.

How well do you need to play guitar?
    Jason and Crystal are well on their way to being?able to play.

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I can play the kazoo!

OK. Not being helpful.

But I will also vouch for the quality of Stef's singing voice.

4. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    I second that, Chris. Stef would be a great singer for your band. Too bad I can't play instruments. I'd love to be your roadie ("Check, check, 1,2,....um) I think I got some work to do.

5. Dalponis

Dalponis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    Hello again!

Well I'm great at Jazz with my Tenor Saxaphone. Its in b flat for the writers. I'm not bad at writing aswell. So looking for a jazz/rock saxplayer? I'm here.

6. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    I know for a fact that Nick can play every Star Wars theme known to man.....or alien, on the organ.
    Can't you find a place for him???? :p

7. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    Wow, a pretty good response so far, but here's the little catch. I don't really want to ask anyone to join, I want it totally voluntary. But I will address the four suggestions (Trevor, Stef, Jason & Crystal, Nick) already made.

1. Trevor, thanks alot for taking an interest, but I'm afraid not. You see, I'm looking for more classical instruments (ie oboe, clarinet, flute, violin) than Jazz instruments. My only reason is I DON'T want the band to sound like a ska band. Sorry

2. I know Stef has a great singing voice. The only problem I have with her in the band is the fact she lives in Grimsby. However, if she can get to our rehearsal area (Which might be Jenn's (the drummer) we'd love to have her sing for us. Keep in mind though, you may wreck that nice voice of yours from the HEAVY stuff we'll be playing. (Remember, alot of diff types of music will be attempted)

3. Well, unfortunatly I found a second guitarist already. However, once I read that they can play, my mind started working again, and we may like to use them for background riffing if a guitar duet is played. I'll have to talk to Kenny (the other guitarist) about what he thinks, and get back to it later.

4. YES! I NEED a keyboardist for some very funky sounds. NICK, IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PLAY THINGS OTHER THAN STAR WARS, PLEASE TELL ME!!! Your ear training is pretty good, so you'll be able to write with us easily.

Ok, well, there's the four that were already mentioned, now some more notes:

1. As I said before, I want a unique sound, but I do want everyone happy, so it'll be quite a few diff types of rock and alternative and things like that. I think.

2. I should've said this earlier, but I'd prefer mature people. No one under 14. Reason is, well, we're all 15, and our language may not be suitable for little kids. I don't mean swearing, more as innuendos. For instance, if you're a guy, and Kenny asks you "How's it hanging?", he means literally.

3. I want to start off with covers so each member can get a feel for eachother and our different musical back grounds before writing begins.

4. After rehearsals start, more people can join as long as everyone else agrees on it.

Well, I hope to see more replys and I'll be contacting everyone who's seriously interested soon

8. Darth_Pestilence

Darth_Pestilence Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Alright, I love music, and here's the quick run down of my musical talents:

I can sing, (rng. G4-E6), I can sing harmony and find harmony (best results if I've heard the song and have the music), I play: trumpet, piano, glochenspiel (I do play some classical guitar, but it seems that's not helpful), I play other instruments, but those are my best ones. I can read music (well) and I also write music. I can arrange music, I can play with sheet music, chords and to a certain degree keyboarding with guitar tabs. I have played in several bands, strickly sheet music to chord improvisation and have arranged pieces for everything from duets and solos to a full concert band.

If you want to hear a piece I've written, there is a midi file at:
    imperialshadows.tripod.com/sorry.mid For some reason, this link often does not work, just try it again and it will.

A Star Wars piece I arranged:
    imperialshadows.tripod.com/party.mid

I'm sure I'm forgetting something... I can teach harmony, have taught vocal, theory and instrumental music...

Well, there's the run down. If you have questions, you know where I am.

-Chancellor Amethyst

9. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    Impressive... most impressive...

Well, I'm actually glad someone posted again because a slight problem occured. MY BAND LEFT ME! That's right! My drummer, 2nd guitarist and bassist have ALL LEFT ME. So, that means I've gotta start fresh. I've talked to Stef about singing, and thankfully she sounded interested. Nick agreed to keyboarding and Graeme said he'd "think about drums" However, I need those bassists and guitarists to sing in. Oh, and Amy, I'm putting alot of thought into what you've posted, but I'm a little reluctant to say yes at this moment because I'm still testing sounds and stuff and don't know if all your skills will be needed. But I'll keep in touch.

10. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    Hey, even though I've already talked to you, I'm gonna post on here anyway. lol.
    I can play keyboards, guitar and sing. But, obviously you don't need a singer or a keyboardist. And, if I get my G1 soon, and take driving lessons, I'll be able to drive by myself by next september!!! lol.
    Well I guess that's all I have to say.
    Bye!!!

11. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    You need a singer, well.... I guess since your going with mal your gonna want her, nm

Shaden

12. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    Spet??........he said he's talked to you about singing. lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.