main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Music Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Stridarious, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    How so, is that soundtrack as you say it is? Is it upbeat? Is that what makes it so good? :confused:

2. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Japanese music is so upbeat and I love it! A lot of it is better than American music! :D
    I've heard it from a friend at school downloads it, it's mad tight! :cool:
    And there's too many good soundtracks out there now! :D
    There's Episode 2, Matrix, Episode 2, Life as a House, Daredevil, too many I want! :D

3. Jedi_Blues

Jedi_Blues Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    Why does music have to be upbeat to be good? At any rate, not all of it is. It's mercurial like American music since, well.. a lot of Anime/Video Game OST's have different themes. The FFX Soundtrack is great; it has everything. Though, the majority of it is melancholy and forlorn; the game was quite emotional, though RPG's usually are really good plotwise since you don't play them for the action, but instead, the plot. Er.. yes. I believe I have covered more then enough. Fuel's a really good band as well. Shimmer is the greatest song known to man. Well, in my opinion, of course. u_-...

4. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    I have a lot of Ayumi Hamasaki's music. Another good J-Rock group to listen to is Malice Mizer. Or X-Japan for those of you on this board that are heavy rock fans. Anime Expo, wqhich is coming up before Comicon is a good place to stock up on imported music and games and all the anime stuff you could ever want. Two music groups that I found I like is The Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie. And of course there is Rilo Kiley. You guys should check all these bands out you might enjoy them. I know that I do.

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi_Knight_Seifer: "The Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie"

Hmm...intersting band names 8-} . However I have to ask, who comes up with these names!!! [face_laugh]

6. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    RACIST! Just kidding. It's called Japanese language and all, and Anime is those cartoons and Japanese animation you know. :D
    I think the names are tight! :cool:

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Hmm...quite intersting. Have any of you heard the 007 soundtrack from all the films. Now that is DA BOMB! :cool:

8. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    I've seen the movie, but never heard the soundtrack :)
    I'll have to check it out :cool:

9. Jedi_Blues

Jedi_Blues Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    Aiee! I'm going to Anime Expo '03. Are you, Seifer?

10. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh that sounds cool, if only I could go, but I can't. Oh well :D
    Have fun!

So has anybody gotten any new music recently? Last week I had gotten Avril Lavigne. Her cd is quite upbeat and I like it. My mom loves the song complicated, and my brother will sing the Skater Boi song too. :p

Too many soundtracks that are good though :cool:

11. TheOmen

TheOmen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
  12. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Awesome! I think I've heard of that, I'll have to check it out! :D

13. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    If you want upbeat you should check out the techno style of Happy Hardcore. 240 bpm (beats per minute). Its crazy stuff.

14. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh now that sounds awesome! Techno is awesome, slammin :D
    To what Jedi Seifer said there :cool:
    Anybody hear of Loreena McKennit or Sarah Brightman? Very cool music. Loreena McKennit has one song in the movie The Mists of Avalon if anyone has seen it. Both are very mystical and awesome! Love it :D
    Now I have the Trapt cd, that's a good cd and love that "Headstrong" song and track 4 The Writing on the Wall and track 10, all are good but those are the best.
    Anybody get new music recently? :)

15. TheOmen

Jan 16, 2003
    No. Trapt blows.

16. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
  17. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I recently haven't recieved any CDs, I am so broke on that field its not even funny!

However, with my parents B-Day gifts still pending hope could still arise for me to get one! 8-}

18. RaenDrunvalo

RaenDrunvalo Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2003
    However, with my parents B-Day gifts still pending hope could still arise for me to get one!

HA.Still pending, wasn't your birthday a week ago? Do they have to get clearance from the president to buy you gifts?

[face_laugh]

19. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
  20. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    RaenDrunvalo: "HA.Still pending, wasn't your birthday a week ago? Do they have to get clearance from the president to buy you gifts?"

No, yet I still haven't had my B-day party as my grandfather was out and as so we only had time to barely scratch the surface and only have a small piece of cake. But I did get to gamble, well, not really, it was a scratch and win! 8-}

21. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    I have been listening to a group called Blind Guardian lately. They take medevil (don't think its spelled right) music and dress it up into hard rock. It kind of reminds me of the rock from the late seventies and the eighties.

22. TheOmen

Jan 16, 2003
    Blind Guardian is actually pretty good. I've even heard that the drummer has a nickname, although i cant remember it...

EDIT - wrong member.

23. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Now that I've heard of, I love it sometimes when ppl take some music and give it more beat. Sometimes though it turns out bad, but that's good stuff there :D

24. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Psyche_Sans_Eros Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2003
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone listen to country or am I alone in that boat?

25. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    I think you might be alone in that boat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.