main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Music Feelings (EU Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon) Updated 3/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Blue_Lightsaber42, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Title: Music Feelings
    Author: Blue_Lightsaber42
    Timeframe: Obi-Wan is 13
    Characters: Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon
    Summary: Obi-Wan joins band at the Temple.
    Notes: This is my first story, so please tell me what you think of it, and tell me if I make any mistakes!!!
    Disclaimer: I own nothing. No wait, sorry, Stephen Glenn is mine.

*****~~*****
    Chapter 1

"No, A. First and second."
    "Yes Master."
    Obi-Wan started over. He got a little farther this time.
    "B flat. First finger."
    Obi-Wan nodded. He tried again.
    "No, thats a D. You're going too high."
    "Sorry Master." He played it right this time, and kept going. He got to the end, finally. He was going to go swimming with Bant, now that he was done with this.
    "Good. Now play it again." said Qui-Gon. "You need to get better at this, Obi-Wan." he said, frowning.
    Obi-Wan groaned inwardly. Playing the trumpet was hard! And Master Glenn had only given them this piece two days ago! How could Qui-Gon expect him to be good at it already?
    Still, he obeyed his Master.

Qui-Gon watched his Padawan play. He wondered what in the worlds had caused Obi-Wan to decide to sign up for band. Particularly for trumpet. I mean, thought Qui-Gon thought, you buzz. To play an instrument.
    "No, Obi-Wan, first and third." Qui-Gon corrected.
    "Yes Master."
    The boy was actually pretty good. Much better then Qui-Gon would be. Good thing he had never joined band.

*****~~*****
    First time I've written anything. An evil plot bunny attacked me last night while I was playing trumpet. Sorry it's so short.

2. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    hey, it's not bad at all for your first try. Keep at it!

3. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aaaah, writing is good for you. Keep at it.......a Jedi band. The concept made me laugh.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    loved it, a Jedi band.

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Welcome=D=

You have to start somewhere and Obi-Wan playing a trumpet
    in a band is a good place.

Keep going[face_dancing]

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was very cute.

Obi-Wan may think twice the next time he wants to sign up for band, though :p

Nice job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Blue_Lightsaber42

Dec 7, 2007
    JediKaren: Thanks! Except my posts are short, that means I need more of them. Oh well, more work for me![face_mischief]

ardavenport: I thought of it and I still think it's weirdish. I wonder if they're allowed to own their instruments...[face_thinking]

earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks!

Gkilkenny: I would have had him play clarinet, but I don't know the fingerings for it.[face_frustrated] And trumpet you buzz. Fun...8-}

KELIA: Thanks! Don't worry, I'll torture him into signing up for cooking class.[face_devil]

8. Dar_manda

Dar_manda Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2007
    I like stories with humour in them. Music would be good for a Jedi as it focuses the mind and can help with physical co-ordination. PM me if you update this.

9. Blue_Lightsaber42

Dec 7, 2007
    Obi-Wan raced off to the lake. He was already late to meet Bant. There she was, waiting patiently by the side of the lake.
    ?There you are.? Bant said.
    ?Sorry I?m late.? Obi-Wan panted. ?Master kept me practicing.? Boy that sounded like such a lousy excuse. thought Obi-Wan.
    ?That?s ok.? said Bant kindly. ?I only got here a few minutes ago. Come on, let?s go.?
    She dove gracefully into the clear water, Obi-Wan slid in after her. The water was cool and fresh, he swam eagerly to the bottom. He pushed off and rose to the surface. Bant came up beside him. ?So how?s band going?? she inquired.
    ?Pretty good. Master Glenn gave us a new piece a couple of days ago.? Obi-Wan said. He knew Bant was thinking about trying the flute, he wanted to give her good reviews of his band lessons.
    ?What notes have you learned?? she asked.
    ?Well, there?s C, which is open fingering, same as G and high C, D is first and third, E and A are first and second, F is first?? He went on to explain each note and it?s fingering, up to high C. ?And you have to change your embouchure when you play different notes with the same fingering, it?s kind of annoying.? He finished.
    ?Hmm,? thought Bant. ?It sounds like another one of those things where you get better over time.?
    ?Yes, when I?m in Symphonic I?ll be really good, I guess.? Obi-Wan sighed. It was annoying being in Beginner, when there were initiates younger then he was in Concert and Symphonic! But I just started, so one day I?ll be as good as them. thought Obi-Wan.
    ?It?s ok, Obi-Wan.? Bant seemed to read his mind. ?You?ve only just started, after all.? There wasn?t much he could hide from her.
    They dove beneath the surface again. Bant was so graceful underwater. Obi-Wan wished he was as good a swimmer as she was. But I can?t be good at everything. he thought.

10. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    The Obi and Bant scene was cute. [face_love]

They dove beneath the surface again. Bant was so graceful underwater. Obi-Wan wished he was as good a swimmer as she was. But I can?t be good at everything. he thought.

Tha's true. Hard to accept, but very, woefully true. [face_mischief]

Jedi and music. Yes. That works. [face_thinking] It works very well. Good thinking, Blue_Lightsaber42!

If it's not too much trouble, please PM me when you update. [face_peace]

11. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Aha, wonderful story so far, you're doing a great job. Keep it up! Loved the scene with Bant and Obi! Aha, I used to play the trumpet! :D

12. Blue_Lightsaber42

Dec 7, 2007
    Meredith_Kenobi: Thanks! Don't worry PM is coming.:D

Cole_Kenobi: Trumpet players unite![face_mischief]

13. Blue_Lightsaber42

Dec 7, 2007
    Chapter 3

Obi-Wan headed back to his and Qui-Gon?s quarters. He wondered if joining band had been such a good idea after all. He was told that music would help him to be more patient, and would help him get to know more of the other initiates and Padawans. But it was so frustrating! He wasn?t very good for one thing; he kept getting the notes and fingerings mixed up. I mean, he thought, annoyed, if I play F instead of F sharp, what?s wrong? I?ll get it right next time!
    Frustration was not the Jedi way. He breathed in his impatience, then let it go. He felt better. Bant was right. He?d get better. Eventually.
    Lost in his thoughts, he didn?t notice the foot coming out a doorway until it was too late.
    ?What the??? Obi-Wan tripped and crashed to the floor, while someone smashed his head from behind. His vision turned fuzzy, and he sank into unconsciousness.

Qui-Gon sat meditating. He was still wondering why Obi-Wan had joined band. Obi-Wan had never shown any interest in it before. But then again, Qui-Gon had only just taken him as his Padawan. He had yet to learn even what the boy?s favorite color was.
    Obi-Wan should have been almost back by now; it was almost time for the evening meal. Just as the thought crossed his mind, he felt a pain through their bond. Obi-Wan! His eyes flew open. He called Obi-Wan on his comlink. After a few minutes, he still hadn?t answered. Qui-Gon wondered why he wasn?t answering his comlink. Perhaps he was in a situation where he couldn?t get at it. Or maybe he was badly hurt?
    Qui-Gon called through the bond. Obi-Wan? No answer. Well, that wasn?t so surprising. Their bond was new and hadn?t been used much. But now Qui-Gon was worried. He knew Obi-Wan had gone swimming with Bant; he set off to find her.

14. Dar_manda

Dec 27, 2007
    OOoo. Nice cliffhanger. Who could possilby want to lamp Obi-Wan? Apart from me of course.

15. Blue_Lightsaber42

Dec 7, 2007
    :eek: Nooo you can't hurt Obi! I'm not even done hurting him yet...[face_mischief]

16. Dar_manda

Dec 27, 2007
    When I've finished RtM I'll trade you Obi for Canderous!

17. Blue_Lightsaber42

Dec 7, 2007
    Nah, I'm keeping Obi, I just got him... Strande how we're thinking of Obi-Wan like a package...

18. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Whoa, Obi! Um, I think you need to give your danger-sense a tune-up. [face_shame_on_you]

And whoever it was that just took out Obi-Wan, look out. Qui-Gon's on the way. [face_skull]

Thanks for the PM!

19. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Whooo, Bl! I'm happy to see you posted this! When you first told me about the idea I was excited to see where you would take it. :D I am really curious to see what you are going to do with an unconscious Obi-Wan... [face_thinking]

Poor Obi-Wan, trying to figure out a new instrument... I know how he feels. :p

Bant was right. He?d get better. Eventually.

He will, that is if you don't have however knocked him out kill him. ;) You... won't do that, will you?

Good job! =D= Send me a PM when you update, please! :)

~Silverfighter

20. Blue_Lightsaber42

Dec 7, 2007
    Tada the PM LIST!!!!!
    Dar_manda
    Meredith_Kenobi
    silverfighter

If anyone wants to be added or removed just tell me.:D
    *goes back to writing update*

21. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Ooh, poor Obi! Aha. Who would want to hurt a trumpet player? I guess the band director since Obi-wan said he didn't care whether he played correctly or not, he'll get it on the next try. Ahah. Jk.

Awesome story, keep it up! Oh, and may I please be added to the PM list, thank you very much! :D

22. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    The temple seems to be a dangerous place, and why would
    anyone want to hurt Obi-Wan.:eek:

This mystery attacker has me wondering.[face_thinking]

Can you add me to your PM list please.

23. Blue_Lightsaber42

Dec 7, 2007
    Meredith_Kenobi: Don't worry, he's coming.

silverfighter: Why would I kill Obi?!:eek:

Cole_Kenobi: [face_laugh] The band director is a Jedi, remember. "Jedi do not take revenge."[face_laugh]

Gkilkenny: PM is coming...

PM LIST:
    Dar_manda
    Meredith_Kenobi
    silverfighter
    Cole_Kenobi
    Gkilkenny

If anyone wants to be added or removed just tell me.:D

24. Blue_Lightsaber42

Dec 7, 2007
    Chapter 4 dun dun dun...

Chapter 4

Qui-Gon hurried down the hall to the lake. Ban and Obi-Wan might not have left yet. He burst into the room and? it was empty. Everyone was at the dining hall. Qui-Gon decided to go see if Obi-Wan had gone to eat with Bant without telling him.
    He reached the dinning hall and quickly scanned the room. He couldn?t see Obi-Wan. But there was Bant, chatting with Garen. He approached them.
    ?Excuse me Bant, but do you know where Obi-Wan is??
    ?I thought he was with you.? came the surprised reply. ?He left for your rooms about fifteen minutes ago.? Bant said.
    Qui-Gon thanked her and left the hall.
    ?Qui-Gon!?
    He turned to see Mace running up to him.
    ?Qui-Gon, you?re needed in the Healer?s ward.? Mace said.
    Qui-Gon grew worried. ?Why?? He started walking toward the infirmary.
    ?It?s Obi-Wan.? Mace said. ?He was found unconscious near the band room.?
    They entered the infirmary, and were met by Healer Kel-Vy.
    ?He?s through here.? He said. The Healer led them through a door and there they saw Obi-Wan, still unconscious, on a bed.
    ?What happened?? Qui-Gon looked down at Obi-Wan. He had a nasty bruise on his head.
    ?He was found in the band hallway. He was hit rather hard on the head with something.? Healer Kel-Vy dabbed a wet cloth at Obi-Wan?s bloody cut.
    ?Was it an accident?? Mace asked. ?Did he just run into someone, or was he purposely hurt??
    ?Do you think running into something could have caused that?? Kel-Vy gestured at the cut. ?Oh no, I think it was on purpose.?
    ?But who would do it?? Qui-Gon thought of all the people who could possibly want to hurt his Padawan. I suppose it could be any number of people. Bruck, Aalto?even Xanatos. But Qui-Gon got no feeling of Darkness inside the Temple. He did not think it could have been his former apprentice.
    Then who did it?

25. Dar_manda

Dec 27, 2007
    My money's on Yoda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.