main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Music Forum Spoiler Rules PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Strilo , Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I see a need to make clear the policies regarding spoilers for AOTC music in this forum. And Mods please feel free to correct anything that is not right.

1. AOTC Film Spoilers are not allowed ANYWHERE in the JC Forums except the AOTC Spoilers forum.

2. AOTC Music spoilers, that is ANY information about the score, are not allowed anywhere in the Music Forum except for the AOTC Spoilers Allowed Thread. This includes track names and anything about existing themes used or new themes. The "Across the Stars" title has been officially released and so does not count as a spoiler.

3. Discussion of "Across the Stars" specifically is allowed in the AOTC Spoilers Allowed Thread, but should not take place outside of this thread.

Please make sure to follow these rules so that people who do NOT want to know about the film or the music before May 16 can still post freely here. Thanks.

2. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Good thread, strilo.

I apologize again for my infraction in the other thread.

Honest mistake. :D

3. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
  4. Darth_Mameluke

Darth_Mameluke Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    How come the AtS thread got locked?

5. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    The author requested it. I am gonna have a Mod edit this thread to change the link to the Across the Stars discussion thread.

6. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Up. People still need to read this.

7. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Agreed, I had to contact a mod last night because there was a spoiler as one of the thread names: PLEASE RESPECT THE SPOILER FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being spoiler free, I hate to read anything about EpII or track names! Please be careful with what you post!

8. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Thanks, strilo.

9. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Something confuses me here. You say AtS has been "officially" released. But surely so have all the track names, seeing as you can order it on online stores. Can someone clarify this

10. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Well, the track names have spoilers in them don't they? (I don't know, I haven't looked at them) Across the Stars has just been the track that everyone has been talking about, so I guess that one is okay...

Any other track name should be considered a spoiler though... that's just my own opinion though.

11. CT_MYERS

CT_MYERS Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    I really don't see a problem with posting the track names. If you will look at them you will see that there really aren't any spoilers on them that has not been referenced in some way officially by Lusasfilm, Hasbro, etc. It is not like TPM OST where there was the glaring spoiler of "Qui-Gon's Noble End" I guess we all knew he would die in one of the prequels but not necessarily that one. If someone wants to post "Across The Stars sounds awesome!" then I don't have a problem with it. Besides, what are you going to do after 4/23 when the official album release occurrs?

-Chad

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    It's as simple as this. Lucasfilm has announced the title "Across the Stars" as the name for the concert arrangement track. The other track titles, while available on other sites, have NOT been announced by Lucasfilm. Not on the official site and not in the SW Insider. Therefore until April 23, when the CD IS officially released, the track titles will be spoiler material.

13. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
  14. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Jaina02, unlike "Qui-Gon's Noble End" and "Qui-Gon's Funeral", the AOTC track titles don't give any important spoilers like this. However, if you're totally spoiler-free, you probably shouldn't read them, because it's possible to get spoiled if you put two and two together. ;)

So no track titles nor any other spoilers outside the AOTC Music Spoilers Allowed thread. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.