main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Music from the "Breathing" Trailer

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DarthLarry, Nov 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLarry

DarthLarry Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001

just curious if anyone knows exactly where the music they use for the "breathing" trailer is from.

i know the drums is from the darth maul duel, but there's some strings in there too. i tried finding it on my ultimate soundtrack, but couldn't.

actually, to me it sounds like they put in the strings from ESB where Luke is walking down the hallway and Darth jumps out at him. its really quiet and all you hear is some very soft strings in the background, kind of high, and sustained. and then they just mixed in the Maul Drums.

any thoughts?...

2. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    I'll need to watch the trailer again first...

3. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    there wasnt any music ... was there? i heard my heart beating really fast though, it was the coolest thing i've seen all year!

4. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    I think they were from the drums from the moments before Qui Gon and Maul went at it alone in TPM.

5. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i dont think there was any music

6. Darth_sithious

Darth_sithious Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2001
    i think each orchestra in the world is able to play those strings, or maybe it was completely done with a computer......

7. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    There was music in the teaser, near the end. It started with the suspensful strings, possibly form "The Clash of Lightsabers" and then the Darth Maul drums come in from right after he runs Qui Gon through. Then, when the title card comes up, there's this large orchestral blast that sounded like it came form the "Let There Be Light" track of Close Encounters.

8. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    Nice Call, Well of Souls!

I was just gonna check this board and see if anyone came up with the same answer as mine. Looks like you just beat me to it.

FYI, I'll be mixing the music for the AOTC trailers. I remember someone doing the same for The Phantom Menace Trailers.

I was so inspired by that guy that I did the same thing for the Pearl Harbor Teaser. Anywho, I'll let you know when I get the mix right and have a website to host it.

-MoffJake

9. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I'm pretty sure Well_of_Souls named the right cues. The music added a lot to the teaser, so I don't know why some people didn't notice it.

10. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Nice sig Son of the Suns. ;)

EDIT: Qui Gon's was my favorite of the "Tone Poems".

11. Quietforce

Quietforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    I just saw the trailer a few minutes ago, actually, with my Quickytime. I'll see it this weekend in front of Monsters, Inc...if we (my fam) ever decides to go. Oh it is the definition of cool.

12. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    I made a remix of the breathing trailer using parts from the albums. I used Clash of Lightsabers, Rebel Fleet/End Title, and Qui-Gon's Death, the Gungans Retreat, etc.

Right click and save as

Password: 1stADaotcBREATHING

The file will be deleted on Thursday, 2:20 pm JC time.

13. MoffJake

Sep 24, 2001
    Nicely Done, 1st AD. You beat me to it. Only comment is that the final crescendo needs to be dropped down in pitch just small amount. Otherwise, it sounded like a direct match. And here I was thinking that last part was from Close Encounters. I think you found a better match.

-MoffJake (trailer music expert in training)

14. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    I love the way they added the rough drum beat from the end of TPM to the teaser. And it came on as soon as you see Slave I- ubercool. And yes the strings are from the end of ESB.

15. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Superman (maybe even II, although Williams did not do II)

Close Encounters.

16. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    Try listening to the beginning of track 14 "You Are the Pan" from the Hook soundtrack while watching the trailer. It's an awesome experience.

17. MoffJake

Sep 24, 2001
    DARTH_CORLEONE, what are you trying to say? That Superman 2 and Close Encounters was used in the teaser? If so, what parts?

-MoffJake

18. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    When I heard the end crescendo in the trailer, I thought it was from the very end of TESB credit music. I still think so. :D

19. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    It's possible. I've seen a bunch of teasers/trailers that use music from other films. Heck, the first Spider-Man teaser had Matrix music. Not an uncommon phenomenon.

The SWII teaser sounds like a few elements put together, especially the last sting from Close Encounters.

20. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "It's possible. I've seen a bunch of teasers/trailers that use music from other films. Heck, the first Spider-Man teaser had Matrix music. Not an uncommon phenomenon."

But a *Star Wars* movie never has. :)

21. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    I think the last sting, like the trailer B for TPM, is most definitly from The Rebel Fleet/End Credits.

22. Attack

Attack Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    The crescendo at the end is from Close Encounters. It's a percect match.

23. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    No, why would LFL have access to that score at all? It wouldn't be worth it to secure the copyrights for a single note of music to be used in a TEASER trailer.

It's from Rebel Fleet. If you decrease the pitch from the final crescendo it's a perfect match. With shareware audio editing utilities I was able to edit the sound to at least 95% of the actual sound used in the trailer in about five minutes. Think how easily the EXPERTS with an entire array of advanced sound editing technology could do it.

24. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    "No, why would LFL have access to that score at all? It wouldn't be worth it to secure the copyrights for a single note of music to be used in a TEASER trailer."

Well, John Williams composed the music to that score, so maybe the right issues weren't that big. And really, most trailers have music from other unrelated movies. It's nothing new.

25. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    ...But not in a SW movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.