main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Music from the "Breathing" Trailer

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DarthLarry, Nov 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Attack

Attack Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    So? That makes little difference. It's common practice for films. It just hasn't happened for SW since ANH. But if they want to do it, there's no reason they can't do it.

2. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    "...But not in a SW movie."

You're right, Sithman. With one exception - the trailer for A New Hope. It used one of the Winter movement from Vivaldi's "Four Seasons."

Okay, so it's obvious why there wasn't Star Wars music in there. I just figured I'd throw that little bit of trivia at ya.

-MoffJake

PS - it definetly ain't Close Encounters.

3. MoffJake

Sep 24, 2001
    I wanted to announce to you nice folks that I just created a webpage that gives information on the music from the Prequel Trilogy trailers/teasers.

Star Wars Trailer Music Page

Enjoy!

-MoffJake

4. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    The music at the end of the breathing trailer (The final "Crash") is from when the Queen's ship exits hyperspace returning to Naboo in Ep I. The strings earlier on are from Maul's arrival at Tatooine, I believe.

5. DarthSpade

DarthSpade Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    The drums add a nice, heavy feel to the trailer, and the particular notes lifted from previous JW work really denote the dramatic impact of the visuals. I believe Well_of_Souls best described the matches, good work.

6. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Thanks DarthSpade ;)

Last night I listened to my Close Encounters CD to the "Breathing Trailer" and found that the orchestral crash from "Let There Be Light" fits perfectly with the music. Try it and you'll see the "light." 8-}

...damn that was a stupid pun. [face_plain]

EDIT: And it couldn't possibly be the crash from the finale of ESB because they are completely different notes.

7. MoffJake

Sep 24, 2001
    Hi Folks,

I just wanted to let you know that I've updated the Star Wars Trailer Music Page to include the music from all three Episode 2 trailers and of course the 2 Episode 1 trailers (not edited be me).

Come drop by and give it a listen!

Star Wars Trailer Music

Thanks,
    Jake

8. MoffJake

Sep 24, 2001
    ....and once you listen to my edit of the "Breathing" Trailer music, you'll realize that the last part is NOT from Close Encounters and is NOT from Superman and is NOT from when the Queen's Ship drops out of Hyperspace in TPM.

As some of us already figured out, it is from the End Credits of ESB but with the pitch lowered about 80%. There are still some sound effects in there to enhance the sound but it is most definetely from the ESB end credits finale.

Please don't force me into making a "Breathing Trailer Music Finale Theory Comparison Page."

-Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.