main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Music of Hollywood Concert - Gund Arena 9/19/04

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by starwarschick14, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Lurinstar posted this over in the Northeast Discussion forum, and since there's a Cleveland concert date (as well as Cincinnati, Columbus, and Pittsburgh dates), I figured some of you may be interested. The London Symphony Orchestra will be celebrating 100 years of movies, including Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars. Tickets start at $19, and I imagine the cheap ones will sell out quickly.

Music of Hollywood

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Do you guys want to hear the real music of Hollywood. Ok, imagine that, no matter where you go you can hear the highway (it's a constant low rumble/swoosh noise), millions of people talking at once, helicopters flying overhead every 10 minutes, horns honking, cats, dogs constantly barking, and birds constantly cherping (even at 11PM!).

Now THAT'S the music of Hollywood, take it from one who knows.

3. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    hmmm... i'll stick with john williams, howard shore, and graham raevell

-b-

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I don't know...this sounds like a fun concert, anyone else interested in going?

EDIT: From the sounds of it...LSO is only asking for 501st members to do anything "officially" with this event (FRELL). Garrison PR is asking about the possibility of any other local fan groups participating with them (we've worked well together before)

So, Kim, Michael, Coyote...while you guys are "trooping" if anyone asks about other local fan groups...please, let them know we're in the neighborhood (in addition to Ohio Garrison)

5. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I'm into the idea...I [face_love] movie music!

6. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I got the word from Farmer that both 501st and Rebel Legion will be invited by Lucasfilms.
    But ONLY with MOVIE CANON costumes. For the 501st, that means that no paudrons or extras on their Stormie suits. I don't precisely know what that means for the Rebel Legion. My Mara will NOT be included in this because it is EU as an example.
    For the Legion, I don't know if general Jedi will work, or if you have to be a specific movie character to the tee.
    But this does mean that it isn't exclusive to just the 501st, okay? But Lucasfilms wants this to be a rather formal event.
    Krash is working on more details from the RL front.

So I'd better really get working on my Battle Padme!

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I posted on Rebel Legion...asking for backup from R2Detroit! Cindy and Eric, since you 2 are members...we're gonna need both of ya on this one, Em's costume is 99% done (belt still to go) and the rest of us "jedi in waiting" better stop waiting and get back on the Bantha!

That's should be enough bodies to represent RL/JKOC with the Garrison!

Sunday Sept 19th LSO concert(pending approval from RL)
    Krash
    Padawan92
    ???

8. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Yes!! I'll be back in the area by this time. I'll talk to my friends with cars and see if any of them are interested in driving me. But I'll put my name down tentatively.

Krash
    Padawan92
    DWH
    ???

9. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Well, I'm working on my Padme shirt.
    But it's a bit big. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Caroline! Help me! :p

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Well, I'm working on my Padme shirt.
    But it's a bit big. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Just pack on like 40 or 50 pounds. It'll fit then. You've got a couple months.

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    lavagrrrl(R2Detroit/RL) and her fiancee BlastyTrooper (you should see their pictures...it's frelling cute!) are working both sides of this, and trying very hard to get us involved with the Cleveland concert. So after I PM lavagrrrl on RL boards...and then read BlastyTrooper post on Ohio Garrison boards...all I can say is, things sound promising!!! Cindy...don't tell my you're sitting this one out?

No word yet IF we buy tickets on our own...or get in/tickets through RL/501st thing?

R2Detroit is having a meeting this weekend, and count on a few of them to make the trip down to help us!

Krash
    Padawan92
    DWH
    ???

12. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    As long as I get my Leia done, I'm ready!!

BTW, Kim where did you get that metal/belt silver thingy again? :D

13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    This is the part where my "John Crichton-esque" plans go crazy...but things always work themselves out. ;)

Apparently, RL hasn't heard anything about this...OG seems under the impression they did...and since I'm not an official member of EITHER, I simply forwarded a message from Midwest Base CO -> Ramdac (wanting to contact OG formally) and from there I keep my big mouth SHUT! Once they figure something out, IF they need us...someone will contact us.

In other words, everybody chill...cause this isn't our show!

14. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    I'm going. Should have my costume done by then.

15. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    That would be excellent, Bret! :D

Emily: I used metal flashing. You draw out the shape you want, cut it with tin snips and then file it to make the edges less sharp. I might have enough extra that you could use some of mine. We'll have to have another costuming party sometime--maybe in August.

Here is the latest from the OG boards:
    Farmer posted this in the member's area. here is for all to see. straight from the LSO:

I was able to get a verbal approval for Rebel Legion members in costumes.
    The MOH/LSO tour producer, Jeff Bown said "Jedi, Rebel pilots, Fleet
    troopers" would be fine for the off-stage roaming, photo-ops and
    pre-publicity. They do need to be Rebel Legion members and have excellent
    Rebel Legion costumes. Specific Characters from both the 501st and the Rebel Legion may need to be limited to one each per venue. As far as all other 501st & Rebel Legion costumes, they are welcome to be roamers, picture opportunities, and ambiance at the concert venues. We could even have our Vaders do pre-publicity stuff (for sure) and if they would like, our Vaders could be a roaming Vader----just as long as the LSO Vader and our Vader aren't in the same place at the same time. (It would kinda ruin the effect)
    All of our 501st members and Rebel Legion members must have EXCELLENT quality costumes.

This is a LFL and LSO-driven event. They are making the rules. They set the criteria of who gets to play in the driveway for this one. If you are able to meet criteria, great. :D If not, then maybe next time.
    So let's work on our costumes and applications to RL or 501st while we wait see what actually pans out between LFL/LSO, 501st, and RL.

16. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Sounds like it would be fun but there is no way I'll have my costume ready by Sept. 19th. But you never know, keep us posted on whats going on.

17. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I hear you on the costume thing. But I'm making a good Luke Skywalker outfit for once (black RotJ getup including black cape), and I'll have two weeks off in August in which I can concentrate on that. But I figure it's the most simple and budget-friendly costume I can come up with on the "formal" list. Either that or I'll be calling up one of my old high school friends and seeing about borrowing her high-quality Amidala outfit. I still want a cape, though.

And nobody laugh at my mad cross-dressing action, it's perfectly normal at my school. This just means I'll have a good costume for Drag Ball, too. :D

18. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    That would be a great idea Kim...we should have another costuming party!!

I have the white material for the belt, just need to find some metal and then a real wig for the hair!! But my age is still a problem for me :( ...

19. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    oops! That was supposed to be a PM [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.