main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Music thread #3: "Top Ten Albums of the 90's"

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Sykes-, Dec 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    How many do I buy a week...? around 2/3, which is disgraceful for a student with no money ;)

2. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    Got Discovery yesterday!!

3. Arun Dale

Arun Dale Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 21, 1999
    I spend about £50 - £150 a week on records and CDs and I get sent about 10 -15 vinyl promos a week too..

Yes they are taking over my house..

4. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Blimey eck! No wonder you couldn't afford the repairs to your car!!! :p

5. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    Its not my car anymore...I'm breaking free and getting something with back seats and goes further than 10 miles to the gallon

6. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Seen anything good yet? Like a 306XTDT heh heh! 45MPG even with a turbo and wipe the smirks off Boy Racer faces in the process!!

7. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    I'm thinking about maybe a Golf mrk 3 TDI or a Perguot 306...I can get about 5 grand...

loans, loans, loans

8. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Hoo! Get the 306, Arun...trust me...I've known a couple of folks what have had nothing but trouble with their Golfs....

9. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    Well I'm still looking at the moment...

10. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    How about the new Citroens..they're pretty nifty...the little Saxo is a decent car when tarted up!

PEUGEOT 306 XT 1.6,
    1994, 55000 miles, 5 door, PAS, e/w, stereo, five speed gearbox, c/locking, alloys, with service history, full MOT, VGC. £3,995. Tel: (0116) 2666040 or. (07970) 855180
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/PICTURES/MAT/Car/matat922_0649_010.jpg

11. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    Are you the chairman of The Peugeot 306 appreciation club??? :D

I think i'm probably gonna go through a dealer...I got stung going private with the beamer...I want all mod cons...full service history, MOT for 12 months blah, blah, blah

Plus I can take it back ;)

12. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Oooh! Got one you'd like I think....go to autotrader.co.uk and select Used Cars...then Peugeot - 306 , enter your postcode and distance of 20 miles...Display Photos Yes and sort by Price Low/High

On the second page about 2/3 of the way down...dark blue 306XTDT with all the mod-cons you are on about!!

Yeah...I love the 306...wonderful cars...

13. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    Poodu!!!

Do some work for christ-sake :D

I haven't decided yet..I might even get an Audi A3

14. Gav Daragon

Mar 25, 2000
    no records for me for a while, I just spent £40 on comics :(

15. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    No comics for me I've just spent £55 on records :(

16. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Neither for me...I want a new set of golf clubs that cost £400...but I'm on the verge of another £100 to add to my kitty!! :D

I would do some work, Arun, if it wasn't so infernally boring...oh well...I'll just stick Discovery in and tap away to the beat...groovy baby, yeah...

17. Gav Daragon

Mar 25, 2000
    X-Cutioners's Song is such a great TPB :)

18. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    Hey Poodu...did you get a credit card with your Daft Punk CD?

19. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Yeah...www.daftcard.com thing...thanks for reminding me...I'll have to check it out!

X-Cutioners Song!! I've been looking around for that set of comics for a while! Great X-Men story that...

20. Gav Daragon

Mar 25, 2000
    Yeah, I had the original set of comics back in the day, but they got thrown out sadly. My faves :) It's such a shame X-Factor is no more :( That was a great comic (I don't like Mutant X at all)

21. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    Yeah...tell me what you get..

I assume it's more music...

I haven't got speakers set up here...so there wouldn't be much point me trying...

22. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Well I haven't got a soundcard or speakers...so I gave up instantly! It looks like special members only music downloads...when I've got my step-mums computer down to play with I'll have another looksee...

X-Factor...is that the one with Cable as boss? *struggling to fire up grey-matter*
    Mutant X...do you mean Weapon X? *still struggling*
    I'm probably hopelessly out of touch with it all...

X-Force was Cable....what was X-Factor then...hmm...

X-Men 2099 was total crap, I thought....

The only collectible comics I've got are issues 1,2 and 3 of X-Men from 1990 or thereabouts...heh heh! Not sure if they're worth squat though...

23. Gav Daragon

Mar 25, 2000
    LOL, you sound just like me a few months ago (though X-Factor was around for years before it got cancelled)

X-Force is the one with Cable who was the leader (they were formally the New Mutants, an excellent comic too)

X-Factor was the mutant team that were sponsored by the Government (although that was the 2nd incarnation, the 1st being the original 5 members of the X-Men). Havok (Cyclops' brother) and Polaris were in this one

Mutant X takes place in another dimension - it invloves the Havok of this world being transported to the body of the Havok of that world (everyone thinks this Havok is dead). Everything is wierd in it. Mutant X was one of the comics recently cancelled though in the big X-Cull at Marvel. I'm hoping Havok comes back cos he is an excellent character

Nah sorry Podds they aint worth that much - they only cost £3 each or less at my local comics shop :)

24. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    I never really got into any post X-Men comics really..I tried another X-Men comic a little while ago, but everything had gone weird..like Prof X was dead and all the X-Men were all in tatty uniforms/clothes and didn't seem to be up to much except looking for revenge..what was going on there??

25. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    Ive got piles of comics from the early ninties

I've got the first fifty Sandman ( or was there just fifty?) the first fifty Hellblazer, Morrison's Doom Patrol and Daredevil: The Frank Miller years...

Are they worth anything??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.