main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Music thread #3: "Top Ten Albums of the 90's"

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Sykes-, Dec 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    Sorry, Poods, I didn't know you liked them or I wouldn't have mentioned them :eek:

I seem to be offending everyone with my posts at the moment :(

2. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    Nah...no offence, Gav...see my previous post...I don't really care what people reckon to what I like to listen to, otherwise I wouldn't freely admit to ordering Shania Twain!! The one thing that does get on my nipples is people classing my choice in music as tasteless. As I said before, that is only the very height of arrogance to think that anyone has 'better' taste in music..it's impossible. Good music is relative to each individual. Phil Collins is better than any other solo male singer to me, where others will disagree...but that is because they have a different taste in music, not a better taste in music...

3. Gav Daragon

Mar 25, 2000
    Understood - but please don't use the word "nipples", I fecking hate that word

Anyhoo I'm off to town, I have to buy a big Eeyore for my friend for her birthday tomorrow (how embarrassing will that be - walking around with a big Disney Store bag?). Plus I may buy a few extras for myself (such as Stand By Me, Turin Brakes' album and Rae & Christians new album ;) )

4. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Sorry, just to go back a step, CD-WOW prices do include delivery don't they?!

5. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Yep...free delivery I think...most CDs about £8.99 or so too

6. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    Sounds good. Thanks Poodu.

7. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Ramesh, I can certainly reccomend JJ72's album as well. Nimrod by Green Day is cool, too. I want to get Moloko's album myself.

8. Gav Daragon

Mar 25, 2000
    <sigh> I am so bloody useless, I just bought Rae & Christian and the Turin Brakes. I am so gonn ahve to give my mum my bank card ;)

9. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    I've got to save for a holiday now..must curb my spending!

10. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    Thanks for the recommendation Bash. I was thinking of getting the Molloko album this weekend so I'll let you know what I think.

11. quigley

quigley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2001
    bash have you got my vitrols album? people keep telling me how good it is, i think i'll get it saterday when im up town.

what do you people think of grandaddy?, ive only heard their 'crystal lake' song, i was thinking of getting the album.

laura

12. Gav Daragon

Mar 25, 2000
    The Sophtware Slump by Grandaddy is excellent Laura - in the same sort of style as Deserter's Songs and The Soft Bulletin

13. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    Poodu, sorry to interrupt here but I couldn't agree more with what you said a little while up about people's taste in music. I fully agree that it is very arrogant to say that anyone person's taste in music is better than anyone else's.

Everyone is an individual and likes different things and I think we should all respect that a little bit more. It is wrong to judge people on what they like and to assume that their choice is inferior just because it is not your own.

I think you made a very good and well argued point and thank you for doing so.

Okay, I'll go now...

14. Bash

Dec 8, 2000
    Hey Mark, you've never joined us here before. Have you come to talk music? I've no idea what sort of music you're in to actually. Come on, let us in on your musical preferences.

Laura, I haven't got it yet. My mate has it and says it is very good. 16 tracks and two videos, can't be bad.

15. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Typical... my Brit.Music package arrived yesterday....I only got five of the six and instead of the Brits 2001 album I got friggin' Westlife!!! :mad:

16. Gav Daragon

Mar 25, 2000
    I hope you phoned up and complained! Someone should lose their job for that ;)

17. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Too damn right! Bloody Westlife..anything to be sent wrong (for a quick copy!) except for Westlife..the one group that I turn the radio off for when they come on...

18. Gav Daragon

Mar 25, 2000
    Doesn't Honey like them - you could give it to her if they don't take it back

19. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    No...Honey hates them as much as me!!

20. Gav Daragon

Mar 25, 2000
    Have a ritual burning of Westlife CDs (except you've just got one). Ash did it and they burned 300!

21. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Yeah...but I want my Talking Heads CD first...

22. Bash

Dec 8, 2000
    Damn, I hope they don't make the same mistake with my order.

23. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Just phoned them and Talking Heads is out of stock permanently...typical...so I've ordered Moloko - Things to Make And Do instead!

By the way Bash, the britmusic.co.uk website, once you've got your membership number, is pretty damn cool too!

24. Gav Daragon

Mar 25, 2000
    Indigo is a great track on that album :D We always turn it up full blast in the car home from uni

25. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    The lead singer of Coldplay dude is from a little wee place round the corner from where I live basically! Comes from a place called Whitestone near Exeter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.