main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Music Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Finland' started by Darth_Weirdo, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Well that was one helluva gig. The Boss really was in good shape, and so was the whole E-Street Band. No fancy lightshows, just three hours of solid good music. Still I would have wanted to hear them play "Cover Me". But they played most of my other favourites so I'm not complaining (well no "River" either).

Tomorrow I'm going to sit in my balcony, have a few beers and listen their second concert. It's quite nice to live right next to the stadium where they play.

2. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    One of my co-workers was there yesterday. He was very excited about it in beforehand.
    Rolling Stones are overrated IMO.

Finger eleven is like Tool? Interesting... :)

3. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Rolling Stones are overrated IMO.

Well you're entitled to your opinion. But you're just wrong. ;)

4. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    They're not exactly like Tool. But the similarites are definitely there. ;)

Their new CD came out today! I got it, but it was the only copy at my local books/CD's store...in other words, they only recieved one copy! :eek:

5. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Maybe you're the only finger eleven-fan in your sector and the store people knew that.

Radiohead, dEUS & Elliott Smith. Those names on the CD-cover promise some really good music. Mmmm.

6. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Probably...I'm probably the last person who bought a Finger Eleven CD in that store in the last 2 years. :p

7. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Does anyone listen to Tom Waits in Here?

8. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    The rythm of Tom Waits is far too fast for me. I like a slow tempo like turtles making love. :)

Seriously; Tom is quite dark fella. Time seems to stop while listening him. And flowers do die on outside. Scary music.
    I do listen a variety of diff kind of music. Mainly ambient electronica like Tangerine Dream. Most of composers I do like, have made music for some 30 years. Cannot hook easily to the band which is brand new.

9. KYP_DURRON85

KYP_DURRON85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2003
    What does everyone think about band called Eläkeläiset?

If someone mainly not Finnish does not know(I think nonfinnish ppl,doesnt know it Germans not included)which kind of band it is,well they do humoristic versions of popular songs like Nirvanas-Smells like teen spirit or Europes Final Countdown.

10. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Yeah... Tom turned Nosferatu somewhere in the mid eighties... He used to be kind of Jazzie Noir... Now he is exceedingly creepy.

I love it from either era...

11. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    I heard that Grandaddy has released a new album. I really liked "the Sophtware Slump", does anyone know anything about the new one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.