Victoria. BC Music

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dango, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dango Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Who here is also really into music? and what type of music? Is there anybody here who's part of the local music scene? I'm just hoping this will be a thread where people talk about music.
  2. C4-One25 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I USED to be part of the local scene, jazz performer and recording engineer.....a long time ago.....but I dont play anymore...and most of the people who I hung out with have moved on or are doing something else now.

I mostly into "alternative" music...you know that stuff people call alternative but is on every radio station....oh and if its been a bad day, I'll be listening to Rage Against the Machine...just to calm me down.
  3. Rani Veko Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm into a really wide range of musical genres. Everything from madrigles to metallica. I think the only truly "punk" song I liked though was the punk version of the lyrics and music from the Ewok dance (the "Yub-nub" song) at the end of the original version of ROTJ. :p The music that appeals to me the most is stuff I can understand the lyrics to. I don't mean understanding as in "getting" the lyrics...I mean actually being able to decifer the words into a recognizable form of communication.

I enjoy singing a broad range of music, and have threatened to organize a karaoke night as an activity someday. [face_devil]

- Rani
  4. Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You were a Jazz performer? What did you play?
  5. C4-One25 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I was a saxophonist (when I was playing)....nothing too special.
  6. haruwindsong Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I like most New Age, classical, classic rock (50's to very early 70's), swing, Mexican, some Flamenco, and light rock and just generally easy listening. Nothing with a really heavy base beat or a lot of screaming.

I used to play the organ (self-taught using gitar chords for the left hand). These days I sing, somewhat impromptu with the Saturday evening pianist at St. Andrew's Cathedral from Sep to Jun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.