main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Victoria. BC Music

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dango, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dango

Dango Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Who here is also really into music? and what type of music? Is there anybody here who's part of the local music scene? I'm just hoping this will be a thread where people talk about music.

2. C4-One25

C4-One25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    I USED to be part of the local scene, jazz performer and recording engineer.....a long time ago.....but I dont play anymore...and most of the people who I hung out with have moved on or are doing something else now.

I mostly into "alternative" music...you know that stuff people call alternative but is on every radio station....oh and if its been a bad day, I'll be listening to Rage Against the Machine...just to calm me down.

3. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm into a really wide range of musical genres. Everything from madrigles to metallica. I think the only truly "punk" song I liked though was the punk version of the lyrics and music from the Ewok dance (the "Yub-nub" song) at the end of the original version of ROTJ. :p The music that appeals to me the most is stuff I can understand the lyrics to. I don't mean understanding as in "getting" the lyrics...I mean actually being able to decifer the words into a recognizable form of communication.

I enjoy singing a broad range of music, and have threatened to organize a karaoke night as an activity someday. [face_devil]

- Rani

4. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    You were a Jazz performer? What did you play?

5. C4-One25

C4-One25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    I was a saxophonist (when I was playing)....nothing too special.

6. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    I like most New Age, classical, classic rock (50's to very early 70's), swing, Mexican, some Flamenco, and light rock and just generally easy listening. Nothing with a really heavy base beat or a lot of screaming.

I used to play the organ (self-taught using gitar chords for the left hand). These days I sing, somewhat impromptu with the Saturday evening pianist at St. Andrew's Cathedral from Sep to Jun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.