Music!!

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by BigBroadcastah, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBroadcastah Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was wondering what kind of music do fellow Star Wars fans listen to?
  2. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I'm stuck in the era I grew up in. I love 70's and especially the 80's. My all-time favorite band has and will always be the Beatles. I haven't really seen much of anything in the past 10 years that could be considered timeless. Only a few songs here and there stand out and last a little while.
  3. Motterman Force Ghost

star 2
    I like lots of different music. Pretty much everything except Country.

I like Movie Score Soundtracks - John Williams, Danny Elfman, Alan Silvestri, John Carpenter, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Basil Poledouris, Vangelis, etc.

I also am a big Pink Floyd fan, I also like the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Eagles, the Steve Miller Band, No Doubt, Prince, 80's music, Old School Rap, Miami Bass, NWA, Led Zep, Metallica, G n' R, AC/DC, Kiss, etc.
  4. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    I like all types of music except country. My wife likes country and I can't stand it! She says my music puts her in a bad mood. I say her music makes me so depressed I want to crawl into a hole somewhere. :D

Here's some of the bands i listen to.

70's-80's bands:

Black Sabbath
    Led Zepplin
    Rush
    Journey
    Deep Purple
    Ted Nugent

80's-90's bands:

Tesla
    Metalica
    ozzy Osbourne
    Def Leppard
    Warrant
    Ratt
    Whitesnake
    GNR
    Slaughter
    Cinderella
    Skid Row
    Kiss (With or without makeup)
    Poison
    Motely Crue
    Iron Maiden
    WASP
    Van Halen (with or without David Lee Roth)
    Nine Inch Nails
    U2
    Stone Temple Pilots

Music I listen to now:

Linkin Park
    P.O.D.
    Pappa Roach
    Rob Zombie
    Gorrilaz
    Godsmack
    System of the Down
    Moby
    Chemical Brothers
    Static X

Well, there is more but I can't think of any right now.

5. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I with you guys, I like all types, except country.

I'm a big fan of 70's music too, but that's hardly the decade I grew up in (wasn't born yet). I listen to 104.3 a lot.

Speaking of music today I like techno a lot. Hey DRK_HLMT, I'm a big Chem. Bros. fan too.

When it comes to buying cd's, I look out for the Chemical Brothers and Supergrass.
  6. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    DRK_HLMT,

I can see why your wife thinks your music puts her in a bad mood. I lived through the 80's and cringed at the big bad hair bands of the times. In fact I hate tacky, superficial, shallow 80's music, which covers just about all of it, except AC/DC...

I usually listen to 50's, 60's,70's, some 90's, not much 00's... current music is taking the turn of the shallow 80's. Someone shoot Britney Spears! [face_devil] :mad:

Led Zeppelin and Floyd RULE!!!!! I also love the Beatles, pre- and post-drugs...
  7. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    The Beatles were no doubt one of the most influential bands ever. A lot of their songs could be top songs playing on MTV. The White Album is amazing. And their old stuff is great too.

But, the 80's did have a few good ones. The Smiths were good.
  8. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    Hehe well MuttandSolo, that was the era I grew up in and didn't have much of a choice in the music I listened to back then. I didn't care too much about how big their hair was or how stupid they looked in spandex and lace. I just listened to the music. I hated going to concerts, except for Def Leppard who put on an awesome laser show. I only went to concerts because my girlfriend would drag me to em. I didn't watch MTV mainly because I could care less what they looked like and my parents home theater wasn't set up for music so I would listen to it in my dad's stereo or go out to my car and crank it up in there. I'm mostly an audiophile. I love the music if it has a good beat and makes me want to listen to it. But like you said, today's music is getting bland and regurgitated just like it did in the 80's. And just like the 80's, all these prefab boy-band stuff will go away just as fast as "The New Kids on The Block". Uh Oh Ah Oh Oh... The Wrong Stuff!!!
  9. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    I love Led Zep, but also Clapton, Hendrix, Kenny Wayne Shepard, lotsa blues, like Koko Taylor, the Nighthawks.

I have a fondness in my soul for CSNY, The Grateful Dead, 13th. Floor Elevators, The Electric Prunes, Spirit, It's A Beautiful Day, Allman Brothers, Janis Joplin, Quick Silver Messanger Service, The Band, Joni Mitchell, Dylan, Baez, Hot Tuna, Steeleye Span, Pentangle.

I am the biggest Jefferson Airplane/Starship fan ever!

I love Canadian Music as well, The Barenaked Ladies, Moxy Fruvous, Ian Tamblyn, Brent Titcomb, Figgy Duff, Dominic Triano, Bruce Cockburn, Valdy, Bim, Pear of Pied Pumkin, Murray McLaughlan, Dave Rave, Tom Wilson, Triumph and Ric Emmitt's solo stuff. Dave Essig, Stringband, Spirit of the West, Tom Cockran, Colin Lindin, Colin James, Farron, the Rankins, Dan Hill, Kate and Anna McGarragle. I would and have gone to the ends of the earth to see Great Big Sea live.

I love Simon and Garfunkel and a lot of solo Simon stuff.

New & Not-So-New stuff: Alyisha Keyes, Micheal Penn, R.E.M. The Church, Scruffy The Cat, Elvis Costello, The Boomtoon Rats, Luca Bloom, Vertical Horizon, Better Than Ezra, Hothouse Flowers, Stain, Chris Stills, Steve's son, although he looks like his mom, Veronique, like her too, Rufus Wainwright.

I probably left out a lot. I like specific stuff in all types of music.
  10. Lolipon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, U2, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, The Rockfords, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, REM, Pearl Jam, (I'm forgetting something...)

Oh yeah, I like Pearl Jam too. :D :D
  11. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I think the trend I've seen between me and other friends my age is that my so-called favorite bands and music I like has greatly pared down as I've gotten older. I can't come up with a list as long as everyone else. [face_shocked]
  12. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey Sapient, you know you are old when you don't recognize the bands on the cover of this month's Spin, Revolver or Rolling Stone magazine.
  13. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    By the way, who exactly is on the cover of each of those? I'll tell you if I know them.
  14. Motterman Force Ghost

star 2
    A couple of my friends were appalled that the newest US Air Force commercial uses a Godsmack song. I didn't get it at first, and they had to explain it to me...
  15. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    All right Sapient, your geezership, Jimmy Fallon is on the cover to Spin. Linkin Park's on Rolling Stone and P.O.D.'s on the cover to Revolver, which reminds me, it also has an article on Puddle of Mud, who's CD I was just listening to, so I will have to read that.
  16. BigBroadcastah Jedi Knight

star 1
    I listen too all kinds of music. Rock, Metal, Rap, Gangsta Rap, Techno and pretty much everything else except country cause it makes me depressed. But i play Bass Guitar and im about to start up with a funk/metal band.
  17. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Isbeth, I don't know any of those bands on the magazine covers. How can I be old if you're older than me?
  18. BigBroadcastah Jedi Knight

star 1
    Being old has nothing to do with your age. You can be 40 and not be old, and you can be 20 and be old. it depends on your attitude.
  19. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Very good point, I agree.
  20. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Am I really older than you, Mutt? By how much? Hmmm..... ;) Maybe Mogook and Big Broadcastah are right. Feein' old pal?
  21. BigBroadcastah Jedi Knight

star 1
  22. ErrantVenture Jedi Knight

I listen to a lot of Irish music. Not all of the bands I like are traditional. U2, Black 47, the Pogues, Ashley MacIssac, Donegal X-press, a little of Dropkick Murphies, Wicked Tinkers, Seven Nations, the Sawdoctors, the Waterboys, etc. Yes, I do have two of the mayor's albums. With any other category (aside from country), I'm kinda picky.
  23. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, the Pogues, nice.
  24. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    I like the Pogues as well and Ashley MacIssac. I have Mary Jane Lamond's album as well. I saw Ashley twice in Canada and I saw Mary Jane Lamond at the DC Irish Fest, she autographed the album I have in Gaelic. I saw Natalie McMaster in Frederick. She has a neat website and dedicated James Taylor's Ben to Luke and Mara in concert. She reads SW NJO on her tour bus! :)
  25. BigBroadcastah Jedi Knight

star 1
    umm...i like uh....U2 yeah! u2 rocks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.