main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Musings of Master Yoda These Are...2010 Diary...Updated 03/29/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Title: Musings of Master Yoda these are
    Author: Kelia
    Characters: Yoda and various members of the Jedi Order
    Genre: Humor with a bit of mush and drama worked in
    Timeframe: All pre-TPM
    A/N: This is my response to the 2010 Dear Diary Challenge and while I?ve had terrible luck finishing so far, one of these years I?m going to not only finish but finish on time. :p Please let me know if you wish to receive a PM when I update.

Entry 1

Time to begin a new journal it is. Forced to create a new program to use I was.

Amused I am not.

For over 800 years have I chronicled my life as a Jedi Master. Perfectly happy I was with the traditional method of speaking into my data pad and have my words appear as spoken I was.

Need improvement did that? No!

Yet felt the need to create a new program Knight Jocasta Nu did. Correct grammar mistakes this new program does. Help the younglings learn correct basic Nu said it would.

Humph!

Does it for them automatically the program does. How learn will the younglings if their own mistakes they do not correct?

Objected I did but overruled by the Council I was. Suggested it was my own writings would be easier to read if use this new program I did.

If wished my writing to be simple to understand I did, write like everyone else I would, hmmm.

Two months, eighteen days and four hours later my own special program I finally finished creating.

Pain in my butt it was.

Rethink what I teach younglings about advancement in technology I will now do. Wish to go through this again I do not.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely beginning and PM please:)

3. writing_ivy

writing_ivy Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2009
    :D

lol...this looks like a fun read! I look forward to the next entry!

4. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    It does look like these will be fun! Can I make a request? Actually, two. First, I want to be on the pm list. Second, make sure the posts are good and longish! Pleeeeassse! I love Yoda and everyone always does short posts with him. You could really get some fun out of him with a longer entry. Thanks and keep going!!!!!!!

5. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    PM, please, when this updates. Love it so far; Yoda's musings about technology is right on! Agree with Jocasta, I do, Yoda's writing easier would be with her program! But as fun, it would not be. [face_laugh]

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I'd love to be on your PM list please.

Knight Jocasta Nu did it.
    She is a thorn in Yoda?s butt.[face_laugh]

If Yoda spoke normally we wouldn?t understand him either. We are so used to his way of talking.8-}

=D=

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh yes, I definitely want to be on the PM list for THIS one! [face_laugh] =D=

8. GlindaForJediCouncil

GlindaForJediCouncil Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2009
    PM list! PM list! PM list!
    Please?

This was a great start to what looks like an amusing journal, I'm looking forward to reading more:D

9. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    I definitely want on the PM list for this one. Great start. =D=

10. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    *snerk* Okay, I definitely love curmudgeonly Yoda. :p Please put me on your PM list for this!

11. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Technically speaking Yoda does not have improper grammar. If you translate any language directly to English it would be flipped around just like Yoda's speech.

Is Nu crazy to have a computer program that corrects grammar mistakes??? Children would never learn to speak or write properly again.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay! Kelia's doing Yoda again!!!!! =D= =D= :)

I'd love PMs for updates. Also reading earlybird's Yoda diary LOL :cool: You two have the Yoda-speak perfectly [face_laugh]

13. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Lovely beginning

Thank you! [:D]

I hope you enjoy the rest of the diary.

writing_ivy this looks like a fun read!

That is what I am going for :D

Glad you liked it.

JediKaren: It does look like these will be fun!

I certainly hope they will be.

The length of the entries will vary depending on the muse but I hope I can keep you entertained :)

dm1: Agree with Jocasta, I do, Yoda's writing easier would be with her program! But as fun, it would not be

Agree with you on that I do. Want to keep Yoda interesting and true to character I do so forgo proper basic I will :p

Gkilkenny: If Yoda spoke normally we wouldn?t understand him either. We are so used to his way of talking.

Indeed ? perhaps Jocasta should have thought of that before inventing the program :p

VaderLVR64: Oh yes, I definitely want to be on the PM list for THIS one!

I hope you like the rest of the diary :)

GlindaForJediCouncil: This was a great start to what looks like an amusing journal

Thank you so much! I hope the rest of the entries will live up to the first one.

JediMasterAmanda: Great start

Thank you! Glad you liked it.

Commander-DWH: *snerk* Okay, I definitely love curmudgeonly Yoda

As do I and I hope you enjoy the rest of his entries.

Lady_Misty: Is Nu crazy to have a computer program that corrects grammar mistakes??? Children would never learn to speak or write properly again

Agree with you Yoda does. But listen to him would anyone? Nooooooo?:p

Jade_eyes: You two have the Yoda-speak perfectly

Thank you I do. A little crazy writing like this may make me but hope I do enjoy the rest of the diary I do.

14. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Entry 2

A confession I must make. Not easy it is for me to admit it but enjoy a good game of sabbac I do. And not only playing the game do I enjoy but winning everyone else?s money I do. A good reflection for the Grand Master of the Jedi Order that may not be but the truth it is and confess to it I may as well, for after last night a secret it is no longer.

Went to a cantina on the lower levels of Courscant for a game I did. No longer can I play with my fellow Jedi for use the Force to cheat?win, I mean?they do. Not fair is that but annoyed at my always winning my fellow Jedi have become. Accused of cheating I have been but swear on the Force I do, never have I have cheated. No fun in winning that would be.

Well the game was going. Eleven opponents I had and beat them all I did. Then, challenged me a young human boy named Talon Karrde did. Accompanied by four ?friends? he was. Suspicious I was but when bragged he was the best Sabbac player in all the Galaxy he did, resist the challenge I could not.

In record time did I beat him but when reached for the credits I won I did, grabbed me by my collar and hoisted me in the air he did. Accused me of cheating and threatened?to deal with me he did.

Almost laughed in his face.

But controlled myself I did. The truth about my identity I did not want to get out. A reputation I and all Jedi have. Wish to tarnish it I did not. So, planted the suggestion mad at me Karrde was not. Mad at one of his ?friends? he was.

Know how was I to eager to use his fists on a so-called friend Karrde was? Or that across the room and into a group of Rodians the friend would be flung?

Not the nicest species Rodians are. Not much it takes to provoke them.

Not my fault the ensuing bar fight was but suggested I not show my face in the establishment again I was.

Explained everything to my good friend, Mace Windu upon my return to the Temple I did.

Suggested I have a problem he did and seek counseling I should.

Humph!

Nothing wrong with having a hobby there is. Continue playing I will?if ever find another opponent I can.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hee! Talon! [face_laugh] A lot quicker tempered than he was when he showed up in HTTE, but he was more mature then ;) Mace's reaction -- [face_laugh] can you imagine Yoda in therapy? [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yoda and his playing. Secret he has[face_thinking]
    Learn others how to play he should;)

Excellent update=D=

17. ForceForGood

ForceForGood Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2010
    Oh - hilarious! And Yoda was good enough to admit the whole story to Mace afterward. I can't wait to hear what comes of the counseling session. [face_laugh]

18. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    great update

[face_laugh] Yoda in therapy!

19. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Poor Talon, you would think that he would know better than to have nefarious plans towards Jedi in HttE.

An end to all good things must come.

20. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Yoda in therapy? Too funny!

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Nothing wrong with having a hobby there is. Continue playing I will?if ever find another opponent I can.

Naughty Yoda! [face_shame_on_you] Funny post! =D=

22. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Very funny, some hobby Yoda has, devious little green troll isn't he.[face_alien_1]

Remind me never to play Sabbac with Yoda.[face_laugh]

23. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Jade_eyes: Hee! Talon! A lot quicker tempered than he was when he showed up in HTTE, but he was more mature then

Maturity does help?mostly?except maybe when one looses a close game :p

earlybird-obi-wan: Yoda and his playing. Secret he has

Even the Grand Master of the Jedi Order needs his vices :p

ForceForGood: Yoda was good enough to admit the whole story to Mace afterward

Confession is good for the soul?or so I?ve heard.

JediMasterAmanda: Yoda in therapy![/b]

Well, he?s not convinced he needs help?at least not yet.

Lady_Misty: Poor Talon, you would think that he would know better than to have nefarious plans towards Jedi in HttE.

Something he has yet to learn?:p

dm1: Yoda in therapy? Too funny!

If only he could be convinced he actually has a problem.

VaderLVR64: Naughty Yoda!

Who knew? :p

Gkilkenny: Very funny, some hobby Yoda has, devious little green troll isn't he.

Indeed! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Entry 3

A very tough day today has been. Not all fun and excitement being a Jedi is. Often times sadness and frustration we experience.

To the Temple a young mother arrived with her fourteen-year-old son this morning. Believed him to be Force sensitive she did. Dismiss younglings that old we normally do, however, a special boy this child is. Brain damaged he was at birth and able to control himself and his actions he is not.

Begged us to try and help her son she did. Unable to control him or teach him how to handle his powers she was. Worried about her other small children and what would happen if hurt someone he did. Understand these things the authorities often do not.

A perplexing challenge for the Council her request was. A vital part of being a Jedi being able to control one?s emotions and powers it is. Obvious it was master that this youngling would not be able to.

Still, turn him away could we?

Sought the will of the Force the entire Council did. Decided it was to admit the child to the Order and do for him what we can. Safer we believe it is for him to be among those who with the help of the Force, can keep him from hurting himself or anyone else it will be.

Relieved his mother was.

Confused and hurt the boy was. Sat with him for several hours I did. Reassured him see his parents he will. Against the rules I know this is but in the child?s best interest I believe it is. Visit every weekend his family will. Can only hope help him to adjust to his new home it will.

Sleeping now he finally is. Will begin introductions tomorrow I will. Feel strongly supposed to be with the Order this youngling is, though his impact on us I do not know but trust the Force I do.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I love this wise seeing all sides compassionate side of Yoda. LOL Lots of pieces but he blends them well. Very unique situation indeed, certainly not your ordinary typical one. [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.