Before Musings: Qui's thoughts as he returns with Obi to Coruscant from Melida Daan Chapter four

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by General_Kenobi_66, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Title: Musings
    Author:General_Kenobi_66
    Timeframe: just after Jedi Apprentice #6
    Summary: Qui thinks on his way back to Coruscant
    Disclaimer: All belongs to The great ones: George Lucas and Jude Watson

Qui-Gon Jinn watched his former padawan in silence as the ship headed to Coruscant.

He was a changed boy from the one he knew before all this.

Cerasi's death had hit him hard, That much was obvious.

The boy now sat, staring at the wall of the cruiser.

He had not said a word since they left.

It is hard to be angry at a boy in so much pain Qui thought to himself.

Of course it is also difficult to not be angry at a boy who had done what he had done.

He had reluctantly taken Obi-Wan after the fall of Xanatos, and was now wishing that he had listened to his internal instinct.

They both betrayed me He mused.

Of course, Obi-Wan's offence was not nearly as serious as the one that Xanatos had commited.

Xanatos was a dark Jedi, who embraced evil. Obi-Wan was just a young teenager who had made a mistake.

But the thought did not console Qui-Gon.

"Go ahead and say it"

Obi-Wan's voice startled him out of his musings.

"Say what", he asked mildly.

"I'm a fool"

Qui did not answer

"See, you agree"

"I did not say that" Qui-Gon tried to keep agreement out of his voice.

"But it is true" Obi-Wan whispered

Once again Qui-Gon did not Reply

"I'm sorry" Obi-Wan said softly "I know that does not fix it but, I'm sorry anyway"

"We will talk later, after all this is over" Qui-Gon's reply was curt.

Obi-Wan nodded silently, and went back to staring at the wall.

Qui-Gon sighed, They would talk after all this was over, he was sure of that, but taking Obi-Wan back as his padawan, was not a good idea.

A few minutes later, a beeping sound alerted them to their arrival.

Both silently stood and walked to the front to prepare to disembark.

It is almost as if we are master and padawan again He thought to himself, before quickly shaking the thought away again.

He then strode down the ramp to face whatever was ahead.

All feedback is greatly appreciated:)

~The General~
  2. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Very nicely done, especially love this bit here :)

Of course it is also difficult to not be angry at a boy who had done what he had done.

Welcome to the forums! [:D]
  3. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

Hi and welcome
    Nice start, if it is going to be a long story can you PM me with updates.

I love angsty stories with Qui- and Obi-[face_dancing]
  4. General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Layren:
    Very nicely done, especially love this bit here

Thanks for reading:D

Welcome to the forums

Gkilkenny:

Hi and welcome
    Nice start, if it is going to be a long story can you PM me with updates.

I don't think I'm going to continue, but if I do I'll PM you:)

I love angsty stories with Qui- and Obi

Me too:D
  5. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

Of course you should continue, [face_dancing]
    even if this little Musings is finished. It was good so please write another one.:D

Or better yet add some more to this one=D=

6. General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I think I might, But it will be a few weeks. I have very little spare time to work on it, and I'm currently working on my other fic, so it will take a while, but I'm probably going to continue:)
  7. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Excellent start; hope you continue :)
  8. General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  9. General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Changed my mind, I decided to go ahead and post.

Chapter 2

Qui-Gon sighed and put his face in his hands. He felt exhausted. The council had told him that they wanted him and Obi-Wan to appear before them in two days. Until then they had been put in their normal quarters. Obi-Wan had locked himself in his room and had not come out since they arrived, not even to eat.

Why did it have to be like this, Qui-Gon wondered.I wish that it could have been different, that we had never met The Young.

Sighing as he realized Obi-Wan had not eaten since they arrived either, he went to the kitchen to get some food. Walking down the hall to Obi-Wan?s room, he knocked on the door.

?Obi-Wan, I brought you some food?

?Not hungry?, came the quiet mumble from the room.

Qui-Gon sighed. ?Obi-Wan you need to eat.

The door swung open a moment later to reveal Obi-Wan.

He looked as exhausted as Qui-Gon felt. His hair was disheveled, his tunic was rumpled, his shoulders slumped, and his Blue-Gray eyes haunted. He accepted the food with a muttered ?thanks? and closed the door again.

Obi-Wan groaned as he sank back to his bed, leaving the tray at his bedside, with no intention of eating it. He knew that it had been rude to shut Qui-Gon out like that, but he felt so hopeless, like he had no future.

And I don?t, he thought to himself. The only future I have is a future as a farmer.

He was disgusted with himself, disgusted with what he had done. He had left the Jedi for people he barely knew, and was a failure in the eyes of everyone, including himself.

With a sigh his thoughts flicked to the upcoming council meeting. What would the council decide? I already know that. Obi-Wan sighed. It?s a one-way trip to Bandomeer, or somewhere else equally miserable and boring.

He longed for the peaceful ignorance of sleep but it would not come. Not since Cerasi.

With a tired yawn he stood and went to get a shower. Perhaps it would help clear his mind.

Next post will be up monday
  10. Luminara_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    Glad you decided to continue this and to echo others, welcome to the boards!--Though I guess I'm still sort of a newbie myself [face_blush]. Nice job!
  11. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    These two need to work a lot of things out! So much self doubt from both of them. Qui-Gon almost has the right idea in the first part of the story with this thought...

It is almost as if we are master and padawan again He thought to himself, before quickly shaking the thought away again.

I look forward to seeing how they adjust.
  12. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

Yahoo! [face_dancing] I come back from a few days away to a wonderful post
    Dont let Obi do something silly like want to sleep forever[face_worried]
  13. Jturtle Jedi Master

star 4
    Great! I'm glad you continued with this. If you have a PM list will you add me?

=D=:)=D=

14. General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Luminara_Kenobi:
    Glad you decided to continue this and to echo others

Thanks for reading:)

welcome to the boards!--Though I guess I'm still sort of a newbie myself. Nice job!

Thanks[face_blush]

ardavenport
    These two need to work a lot of things out! So much self doubt from both of them

Yep, thay need to work out alot of stuff

I look forward to seeing how they adjust

Gkilkenny
    Yahoo! I come back from a few days away to a wonderful post

Thanks.:)

Dont let Obi do something silly like want to sleep forever

Nope, can't let Obi do that.;)

Jturtle:

Great! I'm glad you continued with this.
    Yay, new reader![face_dancing]
    Thx for reading!:)

If you have a PM list will you add me?

Yep

PM list

Gkilkenny
    Jturtle
  15. General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Chapter 3

Obi-Wan ran a hand through his damp ginger hair, with a sigh. He knew that he had to come out of his room eventually but he really didn?t want to.
    He just wanted to stay in his room forever.

With a sigh, he stood and walked to the door. The door slid open with a hiss, and he walked through.
    He quietly entered the kitchen, and got a cup of tea. Taking a sip, he glanced around the apartment. He could not see or sense Qui-Gon.

He was told not to be wandering around, but he could go to The Room of a Thousand Fountains.
    Standing he went to get his boots on.

A few minutes later he was heading down the hall.
    He tried to ignore the glances that other Jedi were throwing at him.
    I knew it was a bad idea to come back, He thought to himself.
    I should have stayed on Melida-Daan.

Once in The Room of a Thousand Fountains, he wandered to the pool where he used to swim with Bant.
    Wandering aimlessly to the edge, he crouched down next to the pool and trailed a finger through the cool water.
    He always got a sense of peace from this room, but not today.
    Pulling off his boots, he dipped his feet in the pool, and leaned back on his hands.

Footsteps alerted him to someone approaching. He quickly jumped to his feet and turned around to see Qui-Gon.

?I thought I?d find you here?

Obi-Wan bowed his head and mumbled something.

Qui-Gon leaned closer to hear.

?Sorry, I should have told you where I was going instead of just leaving like that?

?Obi-Wan, it?s alright?, he started to say, but Obi-Wan was already heading quickly back to their apartment.

Qui-Gon looked around as he entered their quarters. He saw that Obi-Wan were sitting at the table, fiddling with something.
    When he got closer he realized that it was the river stone that he had given Obi-Wan for his thirteenth birthday.
    He saw that Obi-Wan had a pained look on his face as he turned to look at Qui-Gon.

?Here, you should take this back.?

?No Obi-Wan, it is yours to own now?, Qui-Gon said with a shocked expression.

?No it isn?t?, Obi-Wan replied softly. ?You gave it to me, but it is still yours.?

Qui-Gon sighed. ?Keep it Obi-Wan. ?I gave it to you, and I want you to keep it?

Obi-Wan shrugged. ?Thanks?

?Are you coming to evening meal??

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?I don?t feel like eating?

Qui-Gon sighed again. ?Obi-Wan, Starving yourself will not make you a Jedi again and it will definitely not make Cerasi come back!? He instantly knew it was the wrong thing to say.

Obi-Wan looked like he had been slapped. Taking a step back, he spoke without raising his voice but in an icy tone nevertheless. ?I know it will not do either of those things, but can I help not being hungry? Would you have an appetite if you were me?? Turning he walked stiffly to his room and shut the door.

Qui-Gon stared helplessly at the now closed door and let out a groan as he collapsed back onto the couch. Standing he went to his own room to get ready to go to evening meal.

He would talk to Obi-Wan later.

I might just have one post after this, or I might continue through book #7 and #8, and possibly some stuff between #8 and #9, like missing conversations between them, and what they did before book 9
  16. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

I feel for Obi-Wan he is totally lost, poor kid.

Another great post=D=
  17. Jturtle Jedi Master

star 4
    Man! Poor Obi-wan.

And Poor Qui-gon too while we're at it.

Great Job!
  18. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I like this. Always wondered about what happened and the things that were said between various stories and parts of stories.
    Filling in the gaps = awesome

:)
  19. General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Just finished Thanksgiving Dinner[face_chicken]
    There will be a new post up soon, but I am unsure as to exactly when...
    My parents and sisters are staying with me right now, so I don't have much time at the computer.

Gkilkenny:
    I feel for Obi-Wan he is totally lost, poor kid.
    Yeah, he is in a pretty bad state right now. "Come here Obi, I'll give you a hug"[:D];)
    Another great post =D=
    Thank You:)

Jturtle:
    Man! Poor Obi-wan.:
    Yeah, my poor Obi...:_|
    And Poor Qui-gon too while we're at it.
    Yeah he has some stuff to work out too. Poor both of them:(
    Great Job!
    Thanks[face_blush]

TRADMIC:
    I like this.
    Thank you:)
    Always wondered about what happened and the things that were said between various stories and parts of stories.
    Yeah me too.:)
  20. General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Obi-Wan gazed silently at the wall.
    He was exhausted, mentally, physically, and emotionally.
    He still had to get through tonight, tomorrow, and half of the next day, before heading to the council chambers.

I might as well just go on to the Agri-corps and skip the council meeting.
    You know what, I think I will!

Pleased with his brilliant new idea he headed out to go to the desk that assigned Agri-corp relocations.

Unfortunately, Qui had just returned from the Dining Hall, and was sitting in the living area.

Thinking that he was alone in the apartment he crept into the hall, and pulled his boots on.
    Placing his hand on the sensor, he prepared to open it?

?Going somewhere??

Yelping he jumped about three feet into the air.
    Spinning around he saw his former master watching him with raised brows.
    Heart pounding, he struggled to remember why he was leaving. Oh yeah?

?I was going to the relocation desk?

?And why, may I ask, were you going there??

?I was going to see if they would go ahead and relocate me now.?

Qui-Gon frowned ?An assignment from the council? They told me that you might still be a Jedi.

Obi-Wan snorted. ?Yeah right! I want to just skip the meeting and do what they were going to tell me to do anyway? He thought for a moment. ?I?m going to Melida-Daan. Neild will be happy to have me back.?

?You will do NO such thing!? Qui-Gon looked exasperated.

?Why not?? Obi-Wan smirked. Don?t you want me out of here anyway??

Qui sighed. ?Obi-Wan, your destiny lies on a different path than Neil?s.?

?Neild is my family, he is like my brother, and Melida-Daan is my home!?

?The Jedi are your family, and the temple is your home!?

?No they aren?t!? Obi-Wan was getting angry ?The Jedi are your family, and the temple is your home! You have never known anything else. You have never known what it is like to have a real home and a real family, not a blood family, but a family nonetheless! And you don?t know what it is like to have a girl you love like a sister, die in your arms!?

Qui-Gon paled slightly. ?She died in your arms??

Obi-Wan turned away. ?It does not matter anyway.?

?Obi-Wan, do you want to be a Jedi??

?I want it more than anything? Obi-Wan?s voice was choked with emotion. ?But what I want and what I deserve are two separate things.?

?No one ever said that you don?t deserve to be a Jedi. The council might decide to let you back in, after all, you are a talented boy.?

Obi-Wan let out a forced chuckle ?Talented? At what? Leaving the Jedi??

Qui-Gon sighed. ?You are hopeless!?

?Oh good, you finally get it.? Obi-Wan sounded sarcastically triumphant.

Qui-Gon glared at him. ?Go back to your quarters Obi-Wan Kenobi, and don?t come back till you are ready to act like a Jedi!?

Obi-Wan gave him a look ?How am I supposed to act like a Jedi? I?m not a Jedi! And I will never be one again! And even if they do let me back into the order, I still won?t get chosen by a master, so it?s the Agri-corps anyway!

Turning he marched back to his room and closed the door leaving a stunned Qui-Gon to, once again, stare at the closed door in shocked silence.

Will they make amends in the next chapter?
    Only if I want them too?[face_mischief]
  21. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

Ooh at least their talking.[face_dancing]

Obi-Wan gave him a look ?How am I supposed to act like a Jedi? I?m not a Jedi! And I will never be one again! And even if they do let me back into the order, I still won?t get chosen by a master, so it?s the Agri-corps anyway!

He's right you know, Qui-Gon made it quite clear he doesn't want him and no one wanted him before either.
    It might make Qui-Gon come to his senses=D=

Thanks for the PM[:D]
  22. Jturtle Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Qui-gon's reaction was very interesting.

Though they are talking, I'm not sure it's very constructive :D

Great job.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.