Chic, IL Must see TV

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    What's interesting to me is that this seems not to be a general rule of thumb for TV so much as it's a general rule of thumb for comics...which have, of course, heavily inspired Heroes, but not in the good way, it seems.
  2. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    30 Rock...new best show on TV.

SHARK ATTACK!
  3. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    My slow-ass (thank you, finals!) finally caught up with last week's 30-Rock. Awesome episode

-Le Penguin
    "This corporation has a very strict 'Bros before hos' policy."
  5. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    "I'll have them clawing at each other like drag queens at a wig sale."

I think Elaine Stritch should be given every Emmy ever for her performance as Jack Donaghy's mother.
  6. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    "That is a filthy Christmas miracle."
  7. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    "Chuck" - The first fifteen minutes of the pilot is pretty awesome.....Zork & TRS-80 references, some killer James Bond thriller type stuff....and Adam Baldwin. Unfortunately it's all downhill from there. We even tried to watch the 2nd episode, but it's just bad.

D'
  8. Fett402 Jedi Knight

star 3
    So I just got done watching the New American Gladiators...I loved watching them as a kid! LOVED IT! Now with the new show....I'm kind of on the fence. I don't remember the cheesy comments made by the contestants before and after the matches...but then again I can't remember alot of stuff from back then. The water over the events was a nice touch instead of the mats...they also have a few new events, but overall, it still caught my interest for at least one or two more episodes, but by then I'll want to see who wins it all....I'm a sucker like that.

As for the new Gladiators...wow are they big! If there are people out there wanting the WWE to do drug tests...they better look at these guys and gals! Holy &&&&! Even the women are big! Heck, they have a girl named Helga! How do you not be big with a name like that?

Now as my favorites, for the males its gotta be Wolf! He just made me laugh whenever he was out there, plus he looks funny! Now for the females...sometimes I have a problem with women who are larger than me and can kick my ass from here to NY...but wow! Crush and Siren are smokin! At least to me...and I dont care what you think! ;) plus...I wouldn't mind playing rough with either one....
  9. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Helga looks friggin scary dude. I think there is an episode on tonight that I'll try to catch.

Also, 30 Rock is new this week.
  10. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The AV Club said it best: an American Gladiator revival proves that "Idiocracy" is not the future, it's the present.

This week will see the last "30 Rock" until the writer's strike is resolved, as if we needed another reason to somehow force the networks to rightfully compensate their creative staffs.

The real big news, however, is that "The Wire" is back, production on the series' final season mercifully wrapping up just before the strike. The first episode of Season 5 upheld the show's reputation as the best thing on TV.

Now where the fukc's Omar?

-Le Penguin
    "Gotta keep the devil
    Way down in the hole."
  11. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    For the future of the my forthcoming daughter I resolve not to watch it.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This shizz is ruining everything that is good in entertainment.

Edit:
    I was ruining your internets with my disdain for this strike!
  12. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I hate the writers for depriving me of my much-needed distractions, but on the whole, I'm on their side (see also: the '94 NHL strike, but not the MLB strike of the same year or the NHL strike of a few years ago)
  13. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm on the writers' side too, but DAMN, it is a barren wasteland out there. We did watch American Gladiators last night, which was mildly entertaining, but Ginna and I both agree that it pales in comparison to that crazy ninja show on Spike where there's the insane Japanese obstacle course, the name of which escapes me right now.

I can't help but think something's gotta give soon on the strike. It's really starting to dig into the industry's business-as-usual, with the death of the Golden Globes and serious questions about the Oscars.
  14. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I'll be honest, the cancellation of awards shows does a lot to balance out the dearth of new 30Rocks.
  15. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
  16. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    Bye bye for now, 30 Rock.

"I bought a black apartment."
  17. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    "That's the devil's temperature!"

:(
  18. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Kenneth's caffeiene fit was kinda lame ("the devil's temperature" line still being awesome), but the rest of the show was great. Liz catching about every tenth word from the German exec was dead on, and the musical number was something that worked for me, even though I usually don't dig that sorta thing (stuff like that needs to be sparse to be effective.)

Also, Tina Fey's rack remains in fine form.

-Le Penguin
    "Funny that we didn't get any ham."
  19. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    Tina Fey is pretty hot.

In other news....

C'mon Terminator series!!!!
  20. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    I have that set on my DVR and I just found out that Rock of Love 2 starts this weekend! I don't know if I can handle it!

Also, have you guys been watching My Name is Earl this season? It seems not quite as funny as the last two seasons. I think putting Earl in prison, despite an awesome Craig T. Nelson as the inept warden, was a mistake.
  21. TAUNTAUN_WE Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Bret Michaels needs to quit wasting time with these Rock of Love shows and just follow his destiny - to marry New York from Flavor of Love (and Flavor of Love 2, and I Love New York, and I Love New York 2). According to Wikipedia (rock solid), she was also on the Maury Povich Show. Shocker. :rolleyes:

22. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the way you think.
  23. DrJawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Another Rock of Love? Noooooooooooooooo........................

After the last few episodes and the reunion special that show stopped being fun.

And April and I are very hopeful for the Terminator series too but I definitely have a wait and see attitude.
  24. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    any early reviews on terminator? it got some pretty nice write-ups but I forgot it started last night so I'm already behind...I'm thinking of trying to watch tonight if I can.
  25. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    I really enjoyed it. I'm waiting to watch the conclusion tonight but so far a strong 7/10 from me. Good action, reasonably decent story, overall quite solid. Would watch again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.