main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Must see TV

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Heh, turns out Tony didn't even say "I did it!" He said "I get it!" Granted, that is better fodder for debate than "I did it!"

Bosh
    "I DOOD IT!"

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    DVR fails to record Heroes again. Thanks for POS equipment Comcast. It is Craptastic indeed.

3. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Heroes.....another good episode. Benett is just a cool mo-fo.
    Is there a more violent network TV show out there? If so, I want to know about it.

D'

4. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Yeah, another very good episode. As the action picks up and characters converge, the show's really justifying/earning the slower pace it took earlier in the year.

I wonder what the over/under odds are for Sopranos-vs-Heroes' "principle character deaths in the last two episodes".

-Le Penguin
    "I'm informing Laurie ninety seconds ago."

5. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Why do you even bother to watch this show? Jesus. Go rent Scarface.

6. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Girls, girls. You're both pretty.

7. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Scarface sucks. True story.

8. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    no no no no no. "Scarface" is a justified classic. I fully expected to be underwhelmed at best, but dePalma and Pacino achieved something really excellent with that flick.

-Le Penguin
    "Who put this thing together?"

9. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    I watch it to be entertained. You apparently watch it because it's the best, most romantic, well written, deep, multi-tiered television show ever aired......at least until you watch the next TV show that you convince your self of the same thing....later that week.

Bosh

10. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    True Must See TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6bZSM48vU

11. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    I guess your philosophy of entertainment as outlined above explains the airbrushed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles leather jacket you created in Japan (or tried to create, or was it China, but same difference, no?).

12. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    YES!

Dartha and Bosh fighting is like when mom would push dad down the steps. I'M RELAPSING!!!

13. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    For anyone interested in knowing, "Veronica Mars" has officially been canceled.

I've heard many people, including some I even trust, speak of its smart writing and clever use of neo-noir conventions. However, my only experience with the show was an episode in which Veronica infiltrated a community internet gaming hangout by dressing up in a schoolgirl outfit complete with anime-style jet black wig. The only dialogue I recall involved some lame-@ss discussion on the proper use of the word "ownage."

Yes, it was as bad as it sounds. For all its stiltedness, even "Buffy" was never that embarrassingly out of touch with its target audience.

-Le Penguin
    "I leave it entirely in your hands."

14. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Re: Anthony Soprano Junior

Typical.

15. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Heroes season finale is over.

"Meh"

16. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Sopranos- Another good episode.

Heroes Finale- If they had truly painted themselves into a corner story-wise, then I suppose it wasn't horrible. The very end seemed way rushed, and not much more spectacular than the cliff-hanger episodes within the season itself.

We started re-watching the season from the beginning yesterday in a 5 episode marathon from. What was up with Ma Petrelli shoplifting in the first episode?

Bosh

17. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    There was sooo much build up to this episode and so much hype then it just didn't deliver the goods.

SPOILERS if you haven't seen the episode.

The Sylar vs. Peter fight did not happen. Everything pointed to this knock down drag out no holds barred battle. Two punches...two. They just phoned that in.

Sylar dies in a very lame way. One stab from Hiro and that is it?!? It is a "I have the high ground" sort of thing.

Why did Peter need Nathan to fly him up to the stratosphere? Peter can fly himself!

The whole Jess/Nikki/DL/Little Machine Fixin Kid thing is totally lame. At least DL killed Linderman in a cool way.

We finally learn Bennet's name!!! Noah... WOW!!! Hopefully, he'll build an ark next season.

18. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Heroes Spoilertz
    Yeah, it was pretty weak and full of holes. Apparently the writers actually admitted they had screwed themselves to write a big finale and continue on with the characters next season....including not letting the public know that there are mutants.

IMO it was a bad idea not letting Nathan go evil, he's a much better actor than the guy playing Sylar....and it looks like Sylar managed to crawl into the sewer for a return sometime in the future. And of course there's the "bad man" who can see the little girl if she looks for him (like the eye of Sauron). That'll either be a new character or be the Haitian (who conveniently wasn't there). It was also lame to not have Ando there at the end...and of course not being in ancient Japan with Hiro (unless of course Ando's great-great-great-great-grandfather...who LOOKS JUST LIKE ANDO is going to be there.....which in itself would be lame.

D'

19. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    More SPoilErzZZz!1

I think Sulu is the lone samurai at the end. That would explain his skill with the sword and how he could teach Hiro how to run at Sylar with a sword pointed in the correct direction (away from yourself Hiro!).

20. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    HeroeSpoilers

This article sums it up pretty well.
    Kerry thinks that the lead Samurai is Takei as well. She also thinks Molly is Mohinder's reincarnated dead sister ,hence he could save her with his blood and it would make sense if his dead sister had the "tracking" ability like Molly that would have gotten Pa Suresh into the business of finding "specials".

D'

21. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    More on "Heroes"

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I half-agree with you guys (and that article.) The action sequences in the last episode and throughout the show sure have been boring. Look for way better stuff next season since the show's budget will likely triple, allowing for the next battle between two godlike characters to NOT be decided by a parking meter. The finale spent its first 5 minutes recapping the last 5 minutes of the previous episode (as if anyone watching didn't know full well what had happened last week.) With more money and a more ambitious production, those 5 minutes could have been a wonderful battle royale in the plaza (if not across the city.)

However, for all its clumsiness, I still enjoyed the storyline and the various outcomes. I raelly could do without the idiot-proof narration, but overall I liked how things unfolded (crap action scenes aside.) The HRG's first name was meant as a fun little aside, not as some massive secret revealed (does it really matter what his name is?), so whatever it is, that's that. Hiro's final scene with Ando was great, proving that those two actors are probably the most in touch with the spirit of the show's comic book traditions.

As far as the bomb, the impression I got (even a few episodes ago when Peter first came in contact with Ted) is that it's all he could do just to not explode right then and there. An attempt to utilize another power would have resulted in complete loss of control of the nuke power.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

-Le Penguin
    "When I think about him, he can see me."

22. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Lost- AWESOME SEASON FINALE!! Now that's the way you cliff-hang an action-adventure soap opera!

D'

23. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    G4 will be broadcasting live from Celebration IV on Friday, May 25, from 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. Who knows? Maybe we'll see one of our CFers who are out there.

Phil

24. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    No kidding. That was a truly sweet two hours of television.

25. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Freakin' Sopranos marathon on A&E is in the middle of the third (possibly the best) season, and it's ten pm.

I may not make it to work tomorrow.

-Le Penguin
    "That too."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.