main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC MUST WATCH VIDEO!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by joe-da, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Looks like we have an ultimatum from Lady Vader. She wants "the" video (not "THE" video).

How about we set a date and get together and watch it and copy it while we watch.

1. We get to see the Halloween part AND the bonfire stuff all at once (or whomever can attend) at one location;

and

2. Janine's copy will be completed as we watch.

Thus,

Killing 2 Stones With 1 Bird.

When and where, folks?

We can watch the UFO movie, too and give her added footage to make up for the time lapse. It's only about 30-35-no more than 40 minutes long (UFOh-No!: Fact, Fiction, Delusion, Hysteria Or Outright Lying). It shows HOW NOT TO MAKE a movie.

It can also be a prelude to the upcoming movie project.

I've put out the word on some sites about extras, but so far not much - which I can understand, because I guess not many folks nearby visit or post photos on those sites. Others probably do an internet search for StageFrightz Productions and find nothing. Then they probably assume I'm some dog-rapist, child-molesting stalker type or something. I don't know...

Maybe we need a StageFrightz web site? I don't know...

One "potential actress" moved out of the area, I heard at Jimmy's. Supposedly my informant will search for another, but I can put all my eggs in that basket.

Ray, I'm TRYING to get your scene hooked up. Mesa trying... I know, there is no try - it WILL happen, just not as quickly as I hoped, but that's show business...

2. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Ponder-ance #2:

Of those interested in partaking in the upcoming film, and for those who aren't, you will soon... very soon, which stikes your fancy as to which should be StageFrightz Productions' NEXT production? Several scripts are ready, just want to work on the one most folks are interested in.

1. A tale involving a town curse (in the form of a monstrous, murderous beast) - the sudden reappearance of which is linked to a mysterious stranger and 7 magical stones.

2. Several people wake up in the wilderness with no knowledge of who they are - only that they do not belong in this dangerous land. * A "sequel/conclusion" to the above script, but may just as easily be a stand-alone tale.

3. Will an attempt at romance/passion lead a man on the road to destruction as he learns there is something evil which seems to be surrounding his would-be lover/ sex toy? Will he heed his friend's warning - as his friend now has horrific problems of his own...(A lot creepier than it sounds, and PROBABLY the best script...)

4. A depressed, loveless young woman receives word that her childhood "boyfriend" in interested in rekindling their playground affair into present-day foo-foo (or such). However... at the same time, a ghost from the past (figure of speech) rises to prevent her from experiencing any happiness. * The sad truth is at the end, the unstable woman had developed a split personality, unbeknownst to her "true" self - she has been actively working against herself. *Actually better in execution than in synopsis.

5. Something else. I have ideas that pop in me mind near-abouts everyday - everything to sasquatch type things to other stuff... It doesn't take me long to write stuff either, so the timetable is not a problem.

* These are vague synopses just to gather a general feel of approval or revulsion. More will be explained/revealed... at the next meeting if time permits, or at the video footage-watching gathering.

3. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Wahoo!!!! You are the best! When you decide when and where, I will try to make it!

4. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Groovy!
    I didn't think that you could (possibly) make it!
    That would be even groovier.

Please wear white - shaggy white... snicker, snicker

5. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Bring this up at the meeting, and we will figure a time to do it.

6. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Aye, that I will, that I will....

Now was Lady Vader going to be here for the watching OR for the filming??

7. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Ummmmm...both???

Can my hubby come too?

8. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Yikes! That's a little personal....

OH! You're asking if he can visit along with you... Sure, as far as I know. He's the one you need to ask, though (i.e.: if he can make it)..

9. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Of course, J9!

10. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Uh... I have a bad feeling about this... does he read the boards?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

11. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    "That's what I'm afraid of..." (said Owen, but it fits, since I would guess he DOESN'T read the boards.)

By the by, there might be some footage we might want to weed out BEFORE such a meeting takes place.... JediRiff was there for just about all of it, so see what he says...

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I hear he is bringing a lightsaber to demonstrate that its more than just luck and a good blaster at your side. So I hear. :)

13. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Ah... realistic violence, just what the movie needs. Now if I can only get Akaria to say something "bad" about Janine in front of hubby, I can film a good "defending her honor with bloodshed" scene!!

** By the by, I once had an arrangement with a local couple who said they would be in the movie, but only as background "extras". We toyed with the idea that they would appear walking across the screen in the background once in every movie, so it would be sort of an inside joke. They moved away - not too far, but probably far enough away that they don't want to come back just as the walk-by couple.

Maybe I've found a new couple...

14. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    You're putting alot of thought into this. :)

15. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    As always with me movies.

16. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Its true, its true.

17. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    That's funny, I've never known Joe to put a lot of thought into anything. :)

18. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Because you've never seen me film a movie. I save up all me thoughts for that pivotal moment...

I'm completed "The Cartoon" script. It's a "shown before the feature presentation" type of short film. This one's known as "Another Hitchhiker" - a twist on the old "woman by the highway that's a ghost that got killed years ago".... It starts out, with the audience maybe thinking it's a comedy.... but by the end, folks will be screaming, crying and unable to sleep well at night...

19. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Ah. I knew there had to be an explaination. But, if that's the case, how do you explain the whole bonfire scene? :)

20. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Just to see if you were dumb enough to do it....

21. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh...... crap. I think we fell for that one. :(

22. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    I'm just happy I got to see something burn.

23. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I'll second that... "BURN BABY BURN!!!!" or "The roof, the roof is on fire..." or "We didn't start the fire..." or "FIRE IT UP!"

No honestly officer I don't know where you got the idea that we are nothing but a bunch of raving pyromaniacs around here.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

24. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    I was funning....

I wanted the bonfire to be natural. It was - and so much the better for it!!!

Howabout a part 2???

25. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    We gotta see the footage from the first one, first. Then, there are contracts to be signed, agents to be spoken too..... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.