main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mustafar and the Death Star

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by morgue, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgue

morgue Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    Do you think they used the resources from Mustafar for the construction of the Death Star? You know... as the main material for the construction... A friend of mine suggested this to me and I think it's a pretty good observation, why else would they be at Mustafar?

2. AnakinSucks

AnakinSucks Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Perhaps. You's otherwise have to be crazy to go near that death trap!

One slip, and you are in lava!

These Jedi and Sith should be more careful, - I've always said that.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Most races don't care what goes on, so long as they get paid. Just like the Kaminoans. In retrospect, they might've cared but it was too late by then.

4. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Do you think they used the resources from Mustafar for the construction of the Death Star? You know... as the main material for the construction...

Since the only product Mustafar produces is mining resources, its a high probability. The Death Star is so huge, Im sure it took the resources from many planets.

5. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    It's a good suggestion, but I believe Darth Sapient claimed to have undeniable proof that there were molten metal ducts flowing on the surface of Coruscant and that this is where pieces of the Death Star were formed. Feel free to PM him about it, he's got pictures and everything. :)

6. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    The truth is far more shocking, as these photos of Grand Moff Plaid, who supervised the early stages of construction, and the Death Star reveal!

[image=http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8530/thedeathstar089pm.jpg]
    [image=http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/2922/thedeathstar070ka.jpg]

They built it really small!!!
    My guess is that they planted it in rich soil; watered it, and waited for it to grow.

That's why it took 20 years. They couldn't be bothered waiting with the second one - so they just built it full size in outer space, rather than "cultivating" it...

7. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    :p get in gear!!!!

8. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    [face_laugh]
    Grand Moff Plaid
    [face_laugh]
    Good stuff GiG!

9. ObiWanIsTheOne

ObiWanIsTheOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    Why else would WHO be on Mustafar?

Obi-Wan and Padme are there for an obvious reason. Anakin is there to kill the Seperatists leaders. If you're asking why the Seperatists are there, I don't think its because the Death Star is being built there. I think its because its just a remote planet for them to hide on, nothing more.

It is possible that the Seperatists/Empire are pulling resources from there for the Death Star though. I bet they did from tons of worlds though. It also did seem like they were already set up there, hence the little control room they had....[face_thinking]

10. bedolla3401

bedolla3401 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2005
    actually they got the supplies from walmart and home depot lol

11. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    That would make alot of sense. Plus, who the heck would want to venture out to Mustafar?

12. morgue

morgue Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    yeah my friend made an strong argument :)

I was just hoping there would be an explanation other than 'cause it's remote... there's always a "why" in star wars :)

13. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    Hmmm....

If the Seps were collecting ore on Mustafar for the construction of the Death Star, then that would mean that they knew that Sidious (who they also knew had been given the plans for the Ultimate Weapon, by his apprentice, Count Dooku after the Battle of Geonosis) was constructing said Death Star, and were actually in on it.

At the end of TPM, Nute Gunray looks quite astonished when he sees Palpatine emerge from his Chanceloorial Shuttle, pausing long enough, on the loading ramp of the shuttle that will carry him off to whatever holding facility the Republic has, before he comes to trial; four trials in the Supreme Court later, he's still the Viceroy of the Trade Federation, to create a commotion in the background.

Sidious obviously saved Gunray's butt in the Courts - he still needed him for his greater plan.

Add to this that Mas Ameda who was in Palpatine's words, "on the payroll of the Trade Federation" (and he would know),in TPM, and, in ROTS, calls Emperor Palpatine "Master", and it begins to seem as if the Separatists, and quite a number of non-Separatist Senators knew that Palpatine = Sidious, but were just playing along, thinking that they would win in Sidious' little game, and then they could do as they pleased.

In ROTS, some of the pawns of Sidious met their unexpected ends, while others profited (for a while) for twenty-odd years.

Then, in ANH, the Senate was disbanded (probably more like "purged"), and the Senators who had kept their noses clean of Sidious' influence (the founders of the Rebellion) were the lucky ones, while others Ameda, Moore, and all the other former "allies" of Sidious were put to death.

Of course, the Death Star would have been the end of all of the offending "non-ally" systems; it began with Alderaan, and would have continued if Luke, Han, and (the medal-less) Chewie had not been around to destroy the Death Star.

Whoah. tell me if that makes any sense?

14. ObiWanIsTheOne

ObiWanIsTheOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    As I said before, and was obviously ignored, they did not go there because the Death Star was being constructed there. They went there because the war took a bad turn for them and they needed to hide. No doubt their worlds had been "subjugated" by the Republic.

They weren't there to over see construction or anything of the like. It was simply a remote base they had, one of the last that the Republic were unaware of, and they were hiding.

Sometimes there is a "simplicity" in star wars. Nothing "deep" there.

15. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    I never said that they were constructing the DS in the Mustafar system (but it was constructed on the Outer Rim, certainly), just maybe that some of the raw materials used to construct the DS may have come there.

16. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

I'm not supporting that the Death Star was being built there....but there was a whole lot of something going on there. If you needed a remote planet and a safe hiding spot, just find a relatively lava free zone and build a bunker there. You don't set up some complex mechanisms with droids meant to be shuttling some type of materials back and forth. I'm suggesting only that the place obviously had a purpose of some type....

Carnage

17. Lord-Scith

Lord-Scith Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2006
    I always felt they were just hiding there.Why would they take a chance on somebody maybe following them and discovering their "ultimate weapon"

18. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Apparently they were mining dolovite.

19. Darth_Sideous

Darth_Sideous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    Well, those lava droids were collecting lava for something, and the only thing being built that we see onscreen is the DS, so it would make sense that the DS materials came from Mustafar. The Separatist leaders could have been sent there just because it was remote - Lucas didn't have to tie mining into Mustafar for no reason.

20. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Well, those lava droids were collecting lava for something, and the only thing being built that we see onscreen is the DS, so it would make sense that the DS materials came from Mustafar. The Separatist leaders could have been sent there just because it was remote - Lucas didn't have to tie mining into Mustafar for no reason.

Actually Lucas' reasoning on the DVD commentary is wacky. He says on Mustafar they were mining energy, while another person on the commentary says they were mining minerals, which makes more sense.

They built it really small!!!
    My guess is that they planted it in rich soil; watered it, and waited for it to grow.

Grand Moff Plaid in those pictures was providing the organic fertilizer. :p :p

21. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Originally people speculated that the Separatists were building the Death Star on Mustafar, but there no official confirmation. I think it would have been cool to see ships taking pieces of the Death Star from the planet to space and being assembling it when Anakin/Padme/Obi-wan/Palpatine are arriving and leaving. It would have been sweet to see parts going into the sky while Anakin and Obi-wan are fighting.

22. KILLER-CLONE

KILLER-CLONE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    So what are you suggesting? That the Empire just car-jacked the Death Star?

23. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    as simple as that.;)

24. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    EU Response: The Death Star Prototype was built over the Maw Installation. The actual Death Star was built over Despayre. The Empire used whatever they could to get the damn thing built as quickly as possible. Droids. Slave labor. Geonosians. Wookiees. Whatever.

25. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    The Empire wouldn't be jacking the Death Star. There were no more Separatists, and even so Sidious was in charge of both, and you can't steal from yourself. And how would you propose building the Death Star if not in space. It's the size of a freaking Moon!! They wouldn't be jacking it, they'd build pieces on the planet and then put them together in space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.