main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mustafar and the DS = Parallels to Vader's character.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Master_Mace_Windows, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Mace_Windows

Master_Mace_Windows Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2005
    These are the places where the duels with his former master take place. Both have similarities with Vader's thinking at the time as you can notice reading this:

Mustafar is a hostile planet, but not completely inhabitable.
    Vader was a hostile and evil man, but there was believed that he still had goodness in him. Or so Padme prayed.

And it was an active or-so-you-call-name-it planet. This also aludes to Vader and being in his prime, seemingly unstoppable.

The Death Star has absolutely no use for the good of the galaxy.
    Vader is at that time "irredemable" as Obi Wan put it. He has absolutely no goodness in him at the time of ANH. Or so he would have us believe.

Also, the Death Star HAD to be destroyed to save the worlds from an untimely fate. Like Vader (as well as the emporer) had to be killed for the Empire to end.

Another thing, the DS was not a "biological" planet. It has no activity of a real planet or even moon. This also aludes to SUITED Vader and his being sort of clumsy inside that suit.

A man-made moon cannot be compared to a natural moon.
    A droid-made black suited cyborg cannot be compared to the strongest Jedi.

2. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2005
    Interesting observation, Master_Mace_Windows!
    I don't think it's something that George Lucas was consciously aware of when he wrote the screenplays, and I think it's perhaps a bit of a stretch, but it certainly does show a good deal of thought on your part!

3. Master_Mace_Windows

Jul 18, 2005
    :eek: I don't know anyone else but I saw this one real easy to figure out... :D;;;

4. Master_Mace_Windows

Jul 18, 2005
    I just found something out.

Look at the DS and Vader. The DS is completely built, and Vader is completetely irredemable by then.

Now look at the DSII and Vader again. The DSII is incomplete, and Vader is slowly losing influence and Anakin is coming back.

This would also apply that Anakin returns to the world when the DSII is about to get destroyed, along with his Vader self.

:eek:

5. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I don't mean to steal your thunder, but I think you're reading too much into the settings on this one. I mean, I suppose what you're saying is a possibility, but I just think the parallels you've drawn are unintentional. ;)

<[-]> Saber

6. Master_Mace_Windows

Jul 18, 2005
    I fully know most of them ARE unintentional, but that's the way we are, sneaky and we find parallels to everything we see :D

7. newwillorder

newwillorder Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    The parallels are very strong and interesting, whether they were intended or not.

8. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Indeed. There are so many intended parallels, that I'm not surprised people, including myself, occasionally see unintended ones as well.

9. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

And in Return of the Jedi, in reference to Vader/Death Star

Lando - That thing is operational!

Luke - Crap, my dad is really going to try to kill me.

Carnage

10. Master_Mace_Windows

Jul 18, 2005
    That reminds me.

The DSII was not in position of destroying whole planets. Vader wasn't either in position of killing Luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.