main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Muvico at Arundel Mills Mall

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Does anyone plan on seeing Ep2 at Muvico in Arundel Mills Mall?

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Hey...Arundel Mills. Actually, I'll probably see it at Regal Cinemas in Bel Air.

3. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    i'll probably be seeing it at hoyts on west nursery.

4. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Actually, they just reopened the cinema I grew up on in Churchville. It's the old Campus Hills theater and their top price is $4 and they have stadium seating. They're competing with Regal Conemas in Bel Air and I think they're doing a good job.

5. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm thinking Regal Cinemas in Bel Air as well. The Hoyt's in Linthicum is a possibility (right around the corner from work - I could do a late afternoon show as an encore :) )

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I saw Episode I at Hoyts on West Nursery.

7. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    If I can get a way out there, then I'll see it at Muvico. But personally, I'm still stuck on the drive-in experience. (I saw Ep. I at the Bengie's, dontcha know? :D).

8. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Ah, Bengie's drive-in. I went to Middle River Middle you know. Let me tell you, I remember seeing the original Star Wars there. The drive-in I go to now is the Big M up in Churchville. That place is a blast because they have a miniature golf course, batting cages, a food place, a car show every weekend, and a double feature at the drive-in.

9. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Sapient: How much does that run? I've been meaning to get out there with the wife. Looks like a blast! Do they use FM for the movie, or the old speaker on a wire?

10. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Last year, the price was either $5 or $6 per person. I can't quite remember. It was great because our son could go with us and fall asleep in the car. I live 5 minutes away from it and grew up hitting baseballs, golf balls, and playing miniature golf there. And they use FM. Between the first film and the second, they allow everyone to turn their engine over and recharge their battery.

11. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Sounds good. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the info!!!

12. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, I plan on seeing it at the Muvico. Only if I can find a PARKING PLACE! Sheesh. I've never seen a mall fill up so fast as that place does. My wife and I attempted to go see Black Hawk Down and there wasn't a parking place anywhere near the theater. We just gave up and went to Blockbuster and rented American Pie 2 instead.

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'd really like to see the first showing at Muvico too. They have student pricing (6.50), which I like, plus stadium seating in all auditoriums. Also, they offer a nice popcorn and soda combo, both available with free refills.

And, yeah, parking has been bad. I usually leave an hour before the showtime of a movie to account for parking time. But, at 12 Midnight I don't think parking should be that bad.

There's a lot of food places around the mall that would be nice stops before the movie.

14. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Yeah, but even at midnight it's pretty bad. I tried to see a midnight showing there once, and it still took me 20 minutes to get a parking space (thank God I left early!) Think the crowd over there will ever die down?

Oh well, there's always good ol' Hoyts. :D

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Hoyts was my favorite before Muvico, but Muvico has bigger auditoriums and cheaper prices. But it really comes down to where the group wants to go. I'd love to see the movie with a big group like the members of this fanforce.

16. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I'm hoping that we can be an "official" Fanforce chapter before the movie comes out too. Hopefully we can work out something with Muvico (or Hoyt's) to where we can do a mini-line or something, or I'll even help plan a real line if we have enough people on board for it... It's one of the things on my list of stuff to bring up for discussion at the first meeting...

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Motterman, I'm up for planning a line. So, it's good to see we're on the same page. I also agree it's one of the things we should discuss at the meeting.

18. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Ill be lining up with my bro Mogook at Muvico at arundel mills. im looking forward to it.

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, Muvico sounds good. We have the entire mall for food and entertainment. Plus, F.Y.E. is right there where people could play video games or listen to music while waiting.

20. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    You know Mogook, Muvico has reclinable chairs and cupholders in the seats. They also have chair arms that you can move up, in case you want to cuddle with fellow star wars fans. Sounds like heaven!

21. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    Unless I can get a way out to Muvico (as stated previously), this is one little gathering that will be out for me.

22. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I'll see if I can attend. I can go if I'm able to break away from watching it with Uncle George over at Skywalker Ranch.

23. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    So, that makes us cousins Sapient?

24. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Yep. Now if we were in the West Virginia Fan Force, you'd be my uncle dad.

25. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    LOL. So, our next meeting should be on The Jerry Springer Show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.