main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Muvico at Arundel Mills Mall

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Theaters are really trying to move up from the stigma of backrow makeout sessions and sticky floors.

2. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Don't makeout sessions and sticky floors go hand-in-hand? [face_devil]

Actually, California has Bistro-type fare in lots of their theaters too.

"Care for an Italian Pastry and an Expresso before the movie starts madame? [/snotty-'host' voice]"

3. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Mogook, can I dip my strawberries in chocolate syrup and feed them to you? :)
    Luke there is nobody here who is going to drive to Virginia Beach just to get food with their movie, like you are gonna wanna eat during Clones. They have a bulk candy shoppe in the theater in Martinsburg. And nobody should ever get rid of make out places.

4. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I've been thinking. I wouldn't mind seeing the movie at Hoyts West Nursery because there's no mall attached. Someone mentioned they like the idea of going to a theater without a mall, and I'd have to agree. There's a Wendy's close to Hoyts, and we can sneak some nuggets and fries in. [face_devil]

5. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Good idea Mogook, im with ya.

6. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Im going to see Ep.II at Loews(sp?) theatre white marsh. :p

7. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    Mogook and i saw the episode one teaser there, nice place.

8. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well I'm going to the Annapolis Mall to the Crown theatre for Clones. For me, its the closest and THX-cert. BEsides I have to work Friday after.

Middle-week movies are a pain, I don't know why Lucas schedules releases in the middle of the week like that.... :(

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Rick McCallum addressed this saying that most countries have movies opening on Thursdays.

I would like to try and get a census where people want to see the movie. I think it would be nice if we could all get together to see it. Like I mentioned before, I think it would be great to go to a theater with a mall. This way, organization would only have to deal with talking with the theater and not the mall bureaucracy.

Who's interested in seeing the movie at Hoyts West Nursery? It was a great experience with Episode I. There was a good sized line for buying tickets and a line for the opening night. I like it because it's the theater and a large parking lot. And next to the parking lot is a Wendy's. We don't have to worry about a mall. Plus, the theater has stadium seating and digital sound.

10. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    I'm up for anywhere that has:

A) Digital THX Sound
    B) 12:01 showing
    C) hot chicks

Well, at least the first two... [face_devil]

11. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I'll come as a "hot chick" but I wanna see it in Martinsburg, there will be shorter lines.

12. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    I'll most likely be seeing it at hoyts west nursery also. Muvico and Crown in annapolis are too much of a pain in the arse to find decent parking in. ;)

Plus, you just can't beat that Wendys. :D

13. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I work right down the road from the Hoyt's West Nursery. Not only is there a wendy's right across from it, there is a whole slew of fast food joints only about a mile or so away on West Nursery.

14. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Luke and Eva got the right idea, Hoyts is the way to go.

Isbeth, the lines at Hoyts weren't that bad for Episode I. The tickets for Episode I went on sale a week before the release, and I was there that Wednesday. I got in line around 7 am and there was only a few people. As the day went on, a few more people got in line. Around 3pm, the theater let us in and they had us wait inside. Then the tickets went on sale. By this point, there was a good amount of people there to buy tickets.

Also, for the actual day of the showing, which was Tuesday night / Wednesday at 12:01 a.m. I got in line around 7 pm or something to get a good seat. It was a great experience, I went inside and played in the arcade and talked to people in the line. By dark, there was a great line with poeple fighting with lightsabers.

Hey Motterman, there will be digital sound, definitely a 12:01 showing, and I'm sure you'll see some hot chicks. 8-}

15. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    Hot chicks in whipped cream!

16. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    You guys are so lucky you have good theatres to choose from in your parts. I have one poorly built Hoyts, with terrible sound, cramped dirty seating, and NO competition, thus, $9.00 / ticket. I am going to have to drive over an hour to the newly renovated theatre in Rehoboth Beach, DE to get stadium seating, and good sound. Alas, I envy you all having all that choice at your fingertips.

17. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    where do you live?

18. peabody

peabody Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2001
    Any one planning to do a digital theater road trip? I dont know of any in this area.

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I would love to see the movie with digital projection, but I only think New York and California will have it.

20. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Here's a list of states that have digital projection available:

ARIZONA
    CALIFORNIA
    FLORIDA
    ILLINOIS
    KANSAS
    MASSACHUSETTS
    NEW JERSEY
    NEW YORK
    OHIO
    TEXAS

You can visit the DLP site to get a list of the actual theaters.

The Florida says Pleasure Island. I imagine that's the Pleasure Island of Disney World. So, if anyone has a vacation planned this summer, you may get your chance.

21. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    I saw TPM in Burbank, CA on the DLP system. It was the best quality movie experience I ever had. I HIGHLY recommend we road trip somewhere to see AOTC!

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That would be quite the road trip, especially for opening day. We would have to leave early Wednesday to be there for the 12:01 showing Thursday morning, then we'd have to drive back. Unless you got a hotel room or something. I think I'm fine seeing my first showing around here.

BTW, what would be the closest place to go?

23. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    I was thinking more for like tbe second weekend after the release. BTW, the DLP showings didn't start until after a month or so after TPM's original release, I'm not sure what the plan for the DLP is this time either....

24. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Lucas wants the movie to be shown on digital, so those DLP theaters will probably be showing the movie opening day. His plan was to have all theaters showing the movie be digital, but those expections look a little high.

25. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Judging by your list, Mogook, Jersey looks to be the closest (depending on where in Jersey). Hey maybe Red Bank will have the digital projection (Kevin Smith joke).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.