main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My 2 Minutes with GWAR

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by solo414, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Here's the actual proof that I saw GWAR on Halloween: Megan at GWAR

That's my friend Barry on the left. He actually made it thru the whole show unlike me. I had to be pulled out by security two minutes into the show b/c I was getting crushed. It was still a good time. :) BTW, our shirts were pure white at the start of the show.

2. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Wow Megan. I'm glad you had fun. But would you ever go again? Cause if you do, I'm thinking white is not the best choice in wardrobe.

3. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I don't think I'd go again just because I only survived two minutes in the crowd. It would have been a great show had I not been crushed. :p

The white shirt is sort of a tradition to a GWAR show. It's a trophy of all the fake blood and other fake body fluids that you get hit with. The redder your shirt at the end, the cooler you are. Barry was the best example of a white shirt after a GWAR show. Here he is before the show: Barry before the show

4. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Wow--you really need to try harder next time, Megan!

By the way, did Krokus open for GWAR? Just curious!

Jason

5. SameSithDifferentDay

SameSithDifferentDay Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2001
    Are you sure it was supposed to be fake blood? 'Cause it looks like Pepto Bismol.

6. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    To be honest, I don't know who opened for GWAR. They said their names, but nobody could understand what they were saying.

7. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Oh man, too funny, Megan! :)

But I do have one question (and this is the anal-retentive side showing it's ugly head...):

Could you wash that stuff out of your clothes, or are they definitely ruined?

Sorry, I couldn't help but ask... :p

8. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    GWAR was at Gen Con a couple years ago. They got kicked out because they broke a fake Gargoyle.

Jeff

9. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    The blood mostly washed off. My shirt still has pink where the blood was. I wore an old shirt I didn't really care about so it's ok. I'm going to write GWAR on it or something for a souviner. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.