main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My A New Hope Break down

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth-Seldon, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    This is just my personal take on the great classic film which began Star Wars.

Palpatine should have a scene where he dissolves the senate.

Bail should have two scenes one in the senate opposing the empire the other being blown up on Aldera.

The characters are all classic and the acting performances for the most part are great.

C-3P0 and R2 are very humorus but their scenes in the begining are a little slow.

Obi-Wan of Alec Guiness is the Greatest acting in the saga!

Grand Moff Tarkin is great I only wish he surivived to be in ESB and ROTJ!

The concept of the death star is creative.

The movie is a pure classic and very few changes need to be made. The effects are good for the time.

Harrison Ford has a great performance and has good chemistry with the rest of the cast.

Vader is awesome!

This movie is a classic which does not even need the others to be great!

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    "This is ****ing awesome!" Rick McCallum

3. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    "Palpatine should have a scene where he dissolves the senate."

Agreed, despite how many purists would be upset.

"Bail should have two scenes one in the senate opposing the empire the other being blown up on Aldera."

Opposing the Empire can be in the same scene as the Senate being disbanded. And the Alderaan scene would be great, at least now that Bail is more then a name. Still, as I said, so many purists would be upset...

"The characters are all classic and the acting performances for the most part are great."

Yup.

"C-3P0 and R2 are very humorus but their scenes in the begining are a little slow."

Mayhaps.

"Obi-Wan of Alec Guiness is the Greatest acting in the saga!"

Wouldn't go that far, but he did a really good job.

"Grand Moff Tarkin is great I only wish he surivived to be in ESB and ROTJ!"

We can still hope to see him in Ep. III.

"The concept of the death star is creative."

Pretty sure they had a similar thing in some other sci-fi before SW, but like with lightsabers I have no idea where.

"The movie is a pure classic and very few changes need to be made. The effects are good for the time."

And, aside from the off-colored lightsabers, good for our time as well, especially with the much-hated SE changes.

"Harrison Ford has a great performance and has good chemistry with the rest of the cast."

Ford's acting is great, although when people say that he alone was the reason the movies were so good it's kinda taking it a bit too far.

"Vader is awesome!"

Understatement of the century.

"This movie is a classic which does not even need the others to be great!"

True, although SW wouldn't have been anywhere near as good if it was only one film.

4. J-Solo

J-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 1999
    Palpatine should have a scene where he dissolves the senate.

Bail should have two scenes one in the senate opposing the empire the other being blown up on Aldera.

I'm one of those purists, hehehe, so....no deal.

The characters are all classic and the acting performances for the most part are great.

Agreed.

C-3P0 and R2 are very humorus but their scenes in the begining are a little slow.

They are slow, but can you imagine the film without them? Can't you just close your eyes and listen to the music being played while C3PO and R2 are on that desert? No changes here either.

Obi-Wan of Alec Guiness is the Greatest acting in the saga!

I'd say not only that. I'd say his character is one of the most profound of the whole saga. As for acting, I think his only competition came from YODA, by Frank Oz.

Grand Moff Tarkin is great I only wish he surivived to be in ESB and ROTJ!

I think it would be a bit crowded if he had survived. Later we have Vader and the Emperor to worry about.

The concept of the death star is creative.

That's no moon, it's a space station. W-O-W...

The movie is a pure classic and very few changes need to be made. The effects are good for the time.

Agreed. And most of the effects are good, perhaps better, than today's.

Harrison Ford has a great performance and has good chemistry with the rest of the cast.

Isn't it true that when Mark Hammil (who is not so praised as he should be, by the way, he is a GREAT Luke) was testing for the film he saw Harrison there and thought: "Hey, this must be the hero of the film"? :)

Vader is awesome!

Say that again. Can you imagine the world without him?

This movie is a classic which does not even need the others to be great!

Agreed. This movie changed the whole film industry forever (maybe that wasn't that good, but anyway...) and became an instant classic.

5. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I also agree that Palpatine did need to be in ANH.
    I like to say DS has done such a good break down for all three Star Wars episodes of the Classic Trilogy.
    I look forward to seeing his break down of TPM and AOTC. :)

6. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    Continuity makes no demands of new scenes in ANH. It fits in perfectly as is. You don't add new characters to 20-something year old films.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.