main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My advice

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by General_Crix_Madine, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_Crix_Madine

General_Crix_Madine Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2001
    For 9 months now I haven't been watching any of the classic films and you know why? Because im refreshing my brain for the time when episode III and all the DVD's come out. I think that the whole experience is gonna be much better, Don't even listen to the soundtracks till all films get on dvd and that's my advice to you all. I'm not trying to look smart or anything but I think it would be a good thing to do.

So, could you resist not watching any of the films till the end of ep3?

2. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Yeah, easily, I haven't watched any since AOTC DVD came out nearly a year ago.

It's the music that will be difficult.

3. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    I haven't watched the OT for about a year and a half, due to the fact that my VHS packing in and I now have a DVD to watch most of my films on. I have to admit that it's been hard being without my OT though :_|

4. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I have sort of done the same thing not by choice though. last november my vcr ate my copy of anh se. and the vcr died. I have not reinvested in a vcr towatch my o-ot yet. son I am nearly a year now. but it drives me crazy.

5. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    "So, could you resist not watching any of the films till the end of ep3? "

For sure. It's been more than a year since I watched the OT. I think I did before AOTC came out.

6. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    My VHS packed in whilst I was watching the Battle of Hoth! :( Ironically, I just started getting snow where, er, the snow should've been! (???) No damage to the tape though, just knackered heads on the video.

7. La_Capitan

La_Capitan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    I have only watched AOTC a few times since it came out on dvd. I have watched each of the three OT movies many more times than this because they are not bad movies.

8. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I didn't watch them now for a while, but I'd die if I couldn't. So no, I couldn't. Especially not with the music.

9. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I can't go for very long without watching the OT, so I still watch them pretty often. I don't care about "refreshing my brain" before EPISODE III comes out. I'll most-likely never watch all six films in order anyway. I've seen TPM and AOTC twice each. TPM I saw twice in the theater (though the second was not by choice), and AOTC I saw once in the theater and once when it came out on DVD. I don't even own either of them.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I think I could probably pull it off, but it wouldn't be my choice to do so. I go into periods where I don't watch any of the movies for months...then out of the blue, I pop one of them in. So, yes, it is possible that I could go that long.

I would have problems no listening to the soundtrack, though. I practically pop one of them in everyday.

11. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I can't because I host the CT trivia game. I need to watch the movies in order to get question ideas.

12. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Actually, i plan on seeing Episode III on the midnight viewing. Earlier that night i plan on watching all five before i see it. There's no way in hell i won't watch the OT. :p

13. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I definitely could not, especially with the soundtracks.

For those of you who do, I hope it's not a disappointment if going without the OT doesn't significantly affect E3 for you. :p

14. General_Crix_Madine

General_Crix_Madine Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2001
    I know that not listening to the soundtrack could be very hard,
    but hey, why not?

I definitely think after not watching the OT for 2 and a half years my expereience of ep3 will be different, I'm not saying its gonna be better, but somehow I feel It;s the right thing to do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.