my advice

Discussion in 'Edmonton, AB' started by major_jedi_failure, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. major_jedi_failure Jedi Master

star 1
    this is my advice to all you hardcore star wars fans out there like myself. if you truly want to appreciate episode 2 for the beautiful piece of art it is, read the novel by r a salvatore and the rogue planet by greg bear

read BOTH THESE BOOKS (or reread) because they emphasize the relationship between anakin and obi-wan (especially "rogue planet").

the critics who say ep 2 sucks are merely wimps who are obsessed with "art movies", and instead of truly appreciating star wars, they focus on how good foreign movies like "life is beautiful" are. the critics KNOW NOTHING!!!! they are just people who took acting courses, but weren't good enough to score any major role, so they're BITTER. personally, i think they should all be made janitors, so they could at least do something useful.

i said it before and i'll say it again, episode 2 can't be compared to the original trilogy. back then, it was simple. you had a pirate, a princess, a wizard (o.b. wan) and a truly evil bad guy. the formula was simple, easy, and it was beautiful.
    but that has CHANGED NOW. star wars has changed, especially with the depth the expanded universe and its characters have been given by the novels.
    for exmaple, in ep 2 there are major character dilemmas in anakin and padme's relationship, and before with qui-gonn going against the council. in the trilogy, the only moral dilemma was han deciding whether he should run with the money or save the galaxy (answer's kinda obvious isn't it)

but star wars has changed in more ways than just in character depth (e.g. themes).
    and it will continue to change.
    and change.
    and change.
    so suck it up, princess!, and find the unique and DIFFERENT beauty in eps. 1 and 2, and appreciate it just as much as you do the original trilogy. all good things don't last forever, they change. so quit you're whining.

MORAL OF THE STORY; use force mind trick (F4) on anyone who dares to say ep 2 sucks.

simulation;
    "i hate ep 2"[product of early child abuse]
    "no, you like ep 2"[ edmonton-born jedi,with a wave of hand]
    "yeah, i like ep 2 "
    "you want to go home and rethink you're life"
    "i want to go home and rethink my life"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.