main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA My Apologies

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Eledaia, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Hey everyone!

Yes, I'm apologizing, mostly from my position as president, for my apparent lack of involvement in our group. I have found that living in CDA has greatly affected my ability to keep up with the happenings in Spokane. That and the retail hours at Joann's have just about wiped the Spokantina from my daily consciousness, and for this I am truly sorry.

This is not a concession, and I'm not resigning. Our lack of attendance is not from lack of wanting to hang out with all of you, life is just getting in our way!

Now the retail season for me is winding down, we have moved into a new apartment, and I have my own sewing room now for heavy-duty costuming! So, my New Year's resolution is to get focused and get myself back on track as it concerns the Spokantina. I have big plans for us as a group for 2008 and I hope to see those work for us!

Eledaia

2. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Sounds good.

Plans are always good.

Still interested in NorWesCon?

3. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    When is that again? I'm sure we can attend, especially if we use it as an opportunity to promote SpoCon too.

4. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    NorWesCon is in April. Easter weekend, to be exact. To put a really fine point on it, it starts the Thursday before Easter.

In the past, we did our best to arrive as early as possible on Thursday, and then leave Sunday afternoon.

You'll love all the costumes. There will definitely be a couple of panels that will peak your interest. You might even enjoy the dances, but I'd recomend avoiding the room parties. Even I find many of them annoying.

Let me know for sure that you want to go, and I'll ask Val to reserve another room. There's no financial commitment as long as we can cancel it two weeks in advance, if necessary. If you travel with us, you can pitch in for the minivan rental. It would save everyone a lot.

5. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Yeah, count us in! One room with a single bed will work for us and riding with you will be just fine!

6. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Okay, here's a NorWesCon update:

Easter is apparently on the 23rd of March. That cuts down the amount of time that I have to save up, but Noelle and I are still going.

Kelli, Val has reserved a room for you and John. She put in a request that it be adjoining the one that Noelle & I are sharing with her, but there's no guarantee about that.

Here's the plan as it stands:
    We leave for NorWesCon as early as possible on Thursday, March 20. I'll drive.
    We have a heckuva good time while we're there.
    We checkout and head for home some time Sunday, March 23. Since John won't be hungover, could he drive back?
    Please.
    [face_praying]

Val will be emailing me the room costs and van rental fee. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

P.S. Since we have a large, fenced in back yard, you and John can park your car there while we're gone. It'll be perfectly safe for the weekend. And the rates are very reasonable.....
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.