main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'My Apprentice' Luke/humor/romance/angst/OC/pic of Zeta Jones inside!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HanSoloIsSoCute, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSoloIsSoCute

HanSoloIsSoCute Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    Title: My Apprentice
    Author: Jasmine Larson
    Genre: Romance, humor, maybe a little angst
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: A year after ROTJ

Summary: Luke takes on his first padawan, Cascade Mistra, and does his very best to teach her all he can. He stresses an amazing amount to make sure she follows all the rules, but breaks the most important one himself.

(I slap the normal big fat disclaimer on this little number)

Luke Skywalker watched on in silence as his padawan concentrated hard on the beam of her lightsaber, channeling the power of the Force to avoid the blows of the hurling rocks. He slowed the speed of the flying debris, realizing he was making it a little too difficult. He wanted her to be a strong Jedi, like Yoda and Obi-Wan. He feared for her future, clouded with the Dark Side it was, unsure and twisted the path before her lay.

It had been near a month ago he had met her, in that scrabble with the bounty hunter on Naboo. She had a price on her head and was about to meet her end. He had come to her rescue, and taken her as his padawan. As he spun the rocks around her lithe form, he allowed his mind to travel back to that day........

Luke helped the young girl up and brushed her off, thankful she was not hurt too badly. He sat her down on a nearby bench and wondered what he had done with that medicine kit. She had gone down during the struggle with the older man, and hadn?t risen until Luke had been forced to cut him down. He snapped his lightsaber back in place and looked her over. She was still a little dazed, he noted she seemed to have no combat skills whatsoever. Either that, or she wasn?t even trying.

From the look of her, he guessed her age to be younger than his own, perhaps about the age he was when he left home, and he couldn't help noticing what a nice figure she had. Her long and extremely curled black hair had bright streaks of light blue in it, as was the latest fashion on Naboo, and fell to the back of her knees. She wore a tight, black body suit, with knee-high boots that matched the streaks in her hair. She seemed a mystery, even standing right next to her he could not touch her with the Force. Her eyes were the most intriguing thing about her, how light and blue, almost crystal. They would shift from one emotion to another in a few second, whereas it would take most humans an hour to change so immensely. She could seem a different person at times. Suddenly he realized he had been staring and shifted his eyes.

?Who are you?? the girl asked, staring back.

Luke cleared his throat and began to check her wounds, making sure nothing was vitally important, and noting he was going to have to put her in a healing trance.

?I?m Luke Skywalker, I?m here to rescue you.? he smiled, realizing how much that line reminded him of something.........inside joke.

?Rescue me? What for?? she asked, watching as his skilled hands moved over her arm, thankful he was not the type to take liberties.

?You needed help, and you still do.? Luke winked and pointed to a large cut on her arm. The girl grimaced at the sight and smell of her own blood and quickly adverted her eyes. Luke smiled up at her from tending to her wound.

?Well, I told you my name. What?s yours?? he asked, looking back down at her arm.

?Cascade. Cascade Mistra. I usually make everyone call me by my full name, but you can call me Cas, or Cassy. Courtesy of saving my life.? she smiled, watching as he quickly ripped off some of his shirt and tied it around her arm.

?Cas. That?s pretty.? Luke said, wondering just how long she had been on her own.

?Ten years.? she said. Luke started and looked back up at her quickly. She grinned. ?You were wondering how long I had been on my own, everyone does. Don?t worry, I'm no mind-reader.? she said, still amused at how surprised he had looked.

?I take it you?re a Jedi.? she said as he finished tying her wound.

?Yup.? Luke answered simply.

?I always wanted to be one....I guess I just never the patience.? sh

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww....that was actually kind of sweet.

I really like the "hero" Luke swooping in to save Cas.

And now they've got the hots for each other

I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Nice job!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    Aw! romantic action and an OC!!! I'm in 'fanfic' reader HEAVAN!!!!

-Commander Tharen-

4. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Man, only two readers? :( Oh well, at least it's something, and you guys rock. :) I wasn't expecting much, Cas IS an OC.

KELIA lol Yeah, they got the hots for each other, but good luck to me getting them to admit it!! ;) lol I'm glad you like it though. :)

MoeTharen It's not romantic YET. And I suck at action scenes, so don't get your hopes up. ;)

Jasmine @};-

5. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Next Chapter....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Luke approached Cas?s room and lightly tapped on her door. When she did not answer he opened it just ajar. She was still asleep, sound asleep. He smiled and walked over to her window. In one swift motion, he yanked down the blinds and light flooded into the room. Cas blinked at the sudden glare and growled something obscene at Luke.

Luke grinned at her charmingly. ?Good morning.?

?Good morning my ass!? Cas snapped and quickly slapped a hand over her mouth, realizing her mistake all too late.

Luke tried for a moment to look stern but failed miserably. ?It?s getting late. There isn?t much time when there is light on this planet. C?mon, up.?

Cas grumbled something not-nice-at-all in his direction and rolled over.

?My mother wouldn?t like that.? Luke said in response to her insult. ?Now, come on.? Luke walked over to her bed and folded his arms. He stood for a moment and tapped his foot. ?Cas, I am counting to ten.?

Cas looked up at him in shock. ?You can count?!? she let out an insane laugh and ducked back under her covers. Luke counted to ten very loudly. Then he let out a sigh and ripped off her blanket. She shivered a little but remained still. Luke took off her slippers. She cursed but just curled up in a ball.

Luke grinned. ?Cas, if you don?t get up, the rest is coming off.?

?Ha ha.? Cas snorted. ?Jedi don?t do that.?

Luke shrugged. ?Most don?t, I do.? he edged closer to her and grinned evilly. ?I?ll make breakfast.? He thought it was a bribe, to Cas it was a threat.

Cas shot out of bed and was dressed in a matter of moments. She growled as she tied her garments firmly in place and threw her cover back on her bed. Luke politely turned his back during her changing and now turned back around to give her a mocking grin.

?Don?t give me that.? she snapped, tying her final robe on. ?It?s not my fault you?re a rotten cook.?

?I happen to be a very good cook and you know it.? Luke smiled, exiting her room. Cas cursed at no one in particular and gathered her things for training.

About an hour later...

Cas sat crouched on the ground, watching Luke?s back from behind the bushes. Sometimes she got so mad at him she wanted to really attack him and beat him up good, but she was not allowed to hurt him. She must simply surprise him. She was to sneak up on him without his knowing, and steal a small piece of cloth from his robe.

She could then face him with it, to prove she could sneak about in his presence without his knowing. Then she would be ready for the next challenge. Cas was mere inches from him now, she could hear him lightly whistling. Her hand shot into her robes, and retrieved a small vibro blade. She reached out to cut the small piece of cloth and----

Luke spun with amazing speed and caught her hand effortlessly. He grinned at her and handed her knife back to her. Cas grumbled and tucked it away, sliding off the small cliff of slim she had perched herself on to stand beside him.

?You could hear me huh?? she asked, frowning at the ground.

Luke smirked. ?Only... a lot. You need to slow your footsteps, there?s no hurry. I?m going to be standing here the whole time, pondering about whatever us Jedi ponder about."

Cas looked up at him and grinned, so he had been listening. Hopefully he hadn?t caught that thing about----

?Oh, and thanks for compliment about my rear end. I?ve been working on that.? he said in his funny little way.

Cas slapped her forehead and let out a small chuckle. ?Ok, you got me. Now, let?s get back to work ok? Go ponder."

Luke smiled and rested his hand on her shoulder for a fleeting moment and was gone. Man, how does he DO that? She wondered to herself, scoring the land for him. He was nowhere in sight. She sighed and set about her search.

It wasn?t long until she found him. He had a habit of whistling and singing wherever he went. She strained her ears and soon came the soft sound of...

I look at you,
    And I see who you a

6. MoeTharen

Sep 10, 2005
    :eek: She killed Luke?

btw...I LOVE THIS FIC SIS!!!!!!!!!!

7. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    love it. Its super amazing and I can't wait to see more.

8. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Great stuff. People are missing out on a great story here.

=D= Keep up the good work! I love Cascade, and you write Luke's character very well!

9. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Aw wow! People actually LIKE it! :D

MoeTharen Nothing gets past you! lol I'm glad you like it tho. :)

BottledUpInside REALLY?!?!? Wow, that's really nice of you. I have an update coming! :D

BrentusofGath Aw thanks, you're such a loyal reader! :) I'm glad you like Cascade, I was afraid NOBODY would! :(

Jasmine @};-

10. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Hey here?s the next chapter! Oh, and here?s a pic of what I imagine Cascade to look like. [image=http://www.ukhotmovies.com/zetajones/images/catherine-zeta-jones-16.jpg]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Cas emerged from the cave to find Luke?s back facing her, but she felt his knowledge of her presence. ?Hey.? she said quietly.

Luke turned around and folded his arms. ?What happened??

Cas shrugged. ?Nothing.?

?Something.? Luke insisted.

Cas looked away and hooked her borrowed lightsaber to her belt. ?Did you have to tell your Master??

?Yes.? Luke fibbed.

Cas looked up and grinned at him, sensing his dishonesty. ?Well, that would have worked if you hadn?t taught me how to read minds yet,? she teased him. Then she thought of something, maybe, it hadn?t been... ?Were you singing?? she asked him, hair falling in her eyes.

Luke grinned sheepishly. ?Yeah.? he admitted. Cas smiled. So, it was him. It wasn?t the creature, therefore it was a trick. She had to admit, she was worried it really was him at first, she had never heard anyone else sing that song. She picked up the jacket she had discarded earlier and shrugged it on.

"So, what now?" she asked him, noting that it was soon going to be dark. She had been in that cave longer than she had thought.

Luke smiled. "A test, of endurance."

Cas looked at him skeptically. What did he mean? "What do you mean?" she asked.

Luke unfolded his arms and walked to stand beside her, gaze unshifting. Her eyes met his, maybe this was the test, just how long she could stand him staring at her before she screamed.

?Cas, how long can you run?? he asked her, looking her up and down.

"From you? For hours." she retorted.

Luke smiled that handsome smile down at her. ?And, why do you think you should have to run from me?? he asked her, edging closer.

?Because you, you, frighten me,? she snapped, taking a step back.

?Ah, and why is that?? he challenged, taking a step forward.

?I don?t know. You just do.?

Just as suddenly as he had begun advancing towards her, he turned around. ?Well, I?m sorry about that.? he said in his ever-calm, sad voice. He looked over his shoulder at her and grinned. ?Now, to the test. An accomplished Jedi can run for miles, and never become tired, something that took me years to achieve.?

She frowned at him. There was no way, run for miles? Well, that was one thing, but to never get tired? That was another. She was getting tired of this, she had little patience for these games and riddles.

Luke smiled at her, having been reading her thoughts. ?I know, seems impossible, doesn?t it? But, a Jedi?s most powerful ally is patience, something you must gain. And endurance is one step forward, now, let?s go.?

With that he grabbed her by the arm and set off. He ran in step with her for near a mile, and then let her go. They went for perhaps three more, and she began to grow too tired to move.

?Cas! Go through your calming exercises, relax, breathe.? Luke shouted to her. She obeyed, and felt much better. She was able to go for a few more miles, and finally collapsed on the soft moss.

?See, that wasn?t so bad, was it?? Luke asked her, slowly sitting down beside her. She looked at him, and to her surprise, he had not even broken a sweat.

?I-I- guess,? she panted. Had she had the energy, she would have slugged him.

Luke smiled and sat behind her. He began to massage her shoulders and send comforting thoughts to her. She closed her eyes and caught her second wind. When she opened them, she realized it was totally dark now.

?Oh no! Luke, how are we ever going to find our way home?? she asked him, sudden worry clouding her eyes.

Luke smiled and stood her up, again wrapping an arm around her shoulders, a gesture that had become more and more common, she didn?t even think about it anymore.

?No need.? he teased, pointing to their hut, which was only a few feet from where they were standing. Cas let out a small giggle, took one step forward and fainted. Luke chuckled, perhaps he had taken her too far. He

11. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Silly me - I missed an update. I must remember to check the boards more often.

"Cas, how long can you run?" he asked her, looking her up and down.
    "From you? For hours." she retorted.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

So Luke does massages after training?

=P~ =P~ =P~

I have got to sign up for one of his classes!

Wonderful updates!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. BottledUpInside

Jul 28, 2005
    hahaha, that poor little creature that she tried to give the "Skywalker Surprise" to. Mustard *thats truly horrible. Great update, I can't wait to see what happens during the next training session!

13. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Hey you guys are stilll here? Cool! :D

KELIA Hooo yeah! I wanna be his 'student' too. ;) I'm glad you're still sticking around! :)

BottledUpInside lol I know yuck huh?? Luke can't cook, but as we all know those who can't think they can. It's so great of you guys to stick around, I'll have a new chappie up soon! :D

Jasmine @};-

14. SnowFalcon

SnowFalcon Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] he stired it with a stick and mustard and the poor dog thought it was poisoned. Luke needs cooking lessons I take it, its such a simple recipee o_O hehehehe

more soon

15. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    lol He is hopeless isn't he? Reminds me of the first time I tried to make mac-n-cheese....lol not a happy memory. I'm posting another chapter today! :D

Jasmine @};-

16. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005

Next chapter...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Luke was ashamed, he seemed to be overly interested in his padawan. He kept telling himself it was just over-protectiveness, but something argued otherwise. He leaned on the doorframe to her bedroom, and felt a little guilty. It wasn?t really right for him to watch her sleep, it was invading her privacy because she did not know he was there. But he couldn?t help it, he couldn?t bear to wake her. He loved to watch her lay there, eyes closed as her chest rose a fell in perfect rhythm. She rolled slightly and some of her blanket slipped off her shoulder, revealing the creamy skin of her back. Luke felt most embarrassed, standing there staring at her bare back and sleeping form like some teenage boy with a crush. He was quickly to her side and pulling the blanket up to wrap it snugly around her shoulders. He stood back and sighed. Perhaps he should wake her. No, she was exhausted, it had been her first endurance test. Luke?s mind traveled back to the morning after his first endurance test......

Luke awoke with a start at the feeling of his head being tapped sharply with Yoda?s cane. He choked down a groan and looked around. He was still sleeping on Yoda?s floor, curled in a ball, it got quite cold in the night here. Yoda was standing over him, an amused look on his face.

?Sleeping, padawan was?? he asked in his merry little sing-song voice.

Luke sighed, ?It?s 2am, what do you think I was doing??

?Getting ready to wake up, you should have been, now, to my breakfast. Would very much like another ?Skywalker Delight?, I would. But this time the slugs, leave out.? Yoda instructed.

This time Luke did groan. ?Aw, I ran for 10 miles without stopping, my legs are killing me, I?m tired.?

?Legs! Piff! Tired! Piff! Dwell on these things, a Jedi does not.? Yoda snapped, honoring Luke with another bump on the head from his cane.

Luke smiled, it sure was nice to not have to sleep on the floor anymore. Maybe he could get some sleep while he waited for her to wake up....just a few minutes. Luke turned around and went to his room, which was right across from Cas?s. He closed the door and lay down on his cot. I?ll just close my eyes for a few minutes....

Luke awoke suddenly at the sound of distinct giggling. He opened his eyes to see a very pleased looking Cas standing over him. He groaned and rolled over.

?Oh no you don?t, up!? she teased, tugging at his blanket.

?Mrrrhhgafu....? Luke mumbled, pulling his blanket tighter around his shoulders.

?Fine, you asked for it.? Cas said, and ripped off his blanket.

?FINE!!? Luke yelled, suddenly very cold. He grabbed his robe and quickly wrapped it around him.
    Cas smiled and folded her arms, waiting for him to stop shivering and start lecturing.

?Well, what do I have to go through today?? she asked, still slightly amused.

?Well, today we?re not going into the swamp, personally, I think it?s too cold.? Luke hated the cold. (A/N: Well, heck, he?s got a reason doesn?t he? ;))

?Where are we going?? she asked, watching as he fitfully tightened his robe.

?Coruscant.? he said, rubbing his hands together.

?Coruscant?!?!? she yelled in disbelief.

?Yeah, get packed.? Luke said simply.

Luke got up to leave the room. He turned at the door way and looked at Cas, and did something he never did before. He kissed her. It was just a small peck on the cheek, but Cas was almost overwhelmed with the amount of warm feelings that washed over her in that fleeting moment. It seemed to last forever, but was over in a heartbeat. She suddenly felt cold, as compared to the warmth she felt while his lips were against her cheek, when he drew away. He smiled at her and was gone. Cas stared at the empty room. Why Coruscant?!

?Why Coruscant?!? she asked Luke from the back of his X-wing.

?I think we need a break.? Luke said over his shoulder, ?I wanted to get out of that swamp for a while.?

Luke couldn?t fool Cas, she knew him too well by now, he had another motive. He

17. MoeTharen

Sep 10, 2005
    Hark! The sith! Hrmmmm, good at mystery, you are.

Also loved Threepio, that was a scream![face_laugh]

-Commander Tharen-

18. SnowFalcon

SnowFalcon Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    I wonder when Luke caught that or if hes lieing through his teeth, are you setting these two up or something?

oh and can you pm my regular username

JediFalcon

19. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ooohhh - there's a Sith on the loose? [face_thinking] [face_thinking] Interesting.

And poor 3PO - thinking the serving droid was flirting with him

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great update!!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

20. BottledUpInside

Jul 28, 2005
    A sith, eh? Very interesting.
    I loved the word choice in the bit about Yoda honoring Luke with another bump from his stick. :p It make me chuckle a bitsy! I also love how the characters are devoloping in this story, great job.

I can't wait for the next post!!!!!!

~Jen~

21. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Aw cool! Poeple like it! I am having a good Christmas so far! And a little gift for you guys, I am posting the next chapter today! :D

MoeTharen Aw I'm not very good at it, but thanks for thinking so! :) *hugs*

SnowFalcon lol I can't help it, I HAVE to set them up! Yoou're JediFalcon?? Cool! Aw right I'll send the PM to that username! :D

KELIA Yeah, and I had two chapters ahead, and the plot thickened! But, of course, my comp managed to delete it. But I still have one chapter coming today! You are such a good reader, you are practically on ALL my fics! :D *hugs*

BottledUpInside Sorry if that was the only chuckle, but I'm trying to branch out. I'm gonna make this kinda serious, with humor breaks every now and then. Because, everyone knows I cannot LIVE without my comedy. ;)

Update is coming today! :D

Jasmine @};-

22. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    WARNING: Ok readers, I think this chapter needs a warning, this isn?t really for little kids. There is a hot and heavy makeout scene later in this chapter, and I wouldn?t advise anyone under 13 to admit themselves. Don?t worry, it?s nothing really bad.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Luke had finally discovered why it was he could not sense Cas in the Force when he had first encountered her. She was so reserved, so inexperienced in the Force, no one at first could sense her. She kept such a tight hold on her feelings and emotions, he still hadn?t figured out how to communicate with her through the Force. But now that he was beginning to know her, he could feel her presence and hear her thoughts, if he concentrated hard enough to move a building. She most certainly was a mystery, but the clues were coming together, he would just have to be patient. He smiled as he watched her walk in step with him, head down and hands in her pockets. They were still looking for a place to stay, and it was cold out. Luke wrapped his arm around her, and waited for her to pull away. She sighed, as though giving in to the cold, and leaned against him as they walked. Presently they came to a run-down hotel, with a blinking red light that read ?Inn, Take It Or Leave It?. Cas and Luke smiled and sighed, it wasn?t like they had much of any other choice.

Luke held the rickety door open for Cas, and hoped the rooms were in better condition than the outdoors. They entered the small lobby and took in their surroundings. The room was indeed small, and not too cozy. It had a worn out throw rug spread out in front of the dying fireplace, a few paintings, an ashtray, and a counter where an old, and quite overweight, woman with a fuzzy shock of red hair was filing her long, clawlike, bright orange nails and singing ?My Blue Heaven? off-key and loudly. Luke rang the bell, mainly just to get her to shut up.

She looked up and glowered. ?Aw, did you have to interrupt? I was just getting my grove thang on.? she said simply and went back to filing.

Luke sighed. ?We would like two rooms, please.?

The old woman didn?t look up. ?We have two rooms.?

?We?ll take them.? Luke answered and began to fumble around in his robes.

?Ok,? the old hag sighed and took out two room keys. ?Who wants the roof??

Luke stopped fumbling and looked up. Oh, great. ?One of them doesn?t have a roof?? he asked.

?Oh, don?t worry, it has carpet,? she answered and drummed her orange claws on the counter. ?That makes up for it.?

Luke rolled his eyes. ?Do they have bathrooms??

?The one without carpet does, it also has a cooking unit that works on rainy days.?

It would have to do. ?Well ok, we?ll take that, does it have two beds??

?It has a couch and a rug, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.? the wrinkled evil doer snapped, seeming to be becoming quite annoyed.

Luke sighed again. Oh well, Cas could have the couch and he would sleep on the rug, it was better than Yoda?s dirt floor. ?Fine. That will do. How much??

?Six hundred credits.?

Luke?s eyes threatened to pop out. ?Six hundred credits!?

She rolled her blue glop covered eyes. ?Five hundred and ninety-nine.?

Luke was trying to not get mad. ?A buck?! You went down a BUCK?!?

?Fine it?s back up to six hundred.? her red, gloppy, lips curled into a smirk.

Luke closed his eyes and went through his calming exercises. ?My final offer, one hundred credits. I doubt you will get that from anyone else.?

?Ha!? the old woman scoffed, ?The great Lord Palpatine himself used to stay here!?

?I can see why. But, if you don?t like that price, it only goes down.? Cas spoke for the first time.

?No! Two hundred. Take it or??

?We know! We know! Take it or leave it! Fine, we?ll take it.? Luke said, handing over the credits.

The credits disappeared in the woman?s hand and she tossed the key to Luke, who caught it effortlessly. Cas and Luke went up the narrow flight of stairs and put their key into the door that had carpet sticking out from und

23. BottledUpInside

Jul 28, 2005
    wow. so incredable post. And I want to force lightning that inkeeper lady person for interrupting them!!!!

I still love it, you're a fabulous writer!

~Jen~

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Curse that desk clerk for her untimely interuption!

It doesn't seem as if Luke and Cas will be able to fight their feelings much longer...

Great update!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. MoeTharen

Sep 10, 2005
    Aw poor Cas! That rooten Luke cin take off his own dodone boots if that's the way he wants it! Hrmmmmf! fooglepoo on him!

Great update sis! Say, could you PM me next time you update? [face_batting]
    I know we live ib the same house 'an all, but you don't always tell me when you update. *pouts*

-Commander Tharen-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.