main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive My attempted SW art (Updated- 10/22- A Forbidden Love WIP)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by PadawanDi, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanDi

PadawanDi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Thank youFalconFan! I am almost finished with her hair... It truely is a real chore! It has been pretty hard to find time to work on it and school stuff at the same time. I used some of your advice (the turning the picture upside down, etc.) in my art class actually! It really helped so thank you again!

Well, I felt that I should post something, because it is my birthday. However, I did not get far enough with my current picture, so I've decided to do two things at once. I am going to, of course, finish drawing it eventually. Also, I am going to try to color it... I hope it turns out. Here is what I have so far-

A Forbidden Love (Colored WIP)

Enjoy!

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    This is gettin' awesome!

3. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Great! I wish to see you color the hair,I like the way you draw the hair![face_love]

4. SongofDreams

SongofDreams Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2006
    I loved this. It was wonderfull. I really loved your pencil of obi wan. The padame illustration was great. I find that alot of the time artists have problems with coloring a finished pencil drawing. So I really liked how you finished yours.

5. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice work on your WIP so far!

AG88

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Ohhhh, my!! =D= This is getting soooo beautiful!! Awesome work on the facial skintones, PadawanDi--it's looking very "photographic" right now! **giddily waits for the next WIP update!** Can't wait to see more (and I'm glad the "upside down comparison" was helpful--it's one of my fav tricks to help with likenesses! ;) )!

**parks in thread, waiting for more**

FF

7. PadawanDi

May 21, 2002
    FalconFan- **notices that she is "parked in thread, waiting for more" and is sorry that she has been parked for so long!**
    Thank you so much! The hair really is a chore. I'm glad you like the skintones! I was a little worried about coloring it to be honest. I thought that the color would turn out kind of muddy looking...

AG88- Thanks!

SongofDreams- Thank you very much! Actually, the pencil of obi wan is probably one of my favorites so I'm glad that you liked it! Honestly I think I do have problems with coloring a finished pencil drawing, but I'm happy to hear that you liked how I finished mine. Thanks for stopping by! :)

NLSkywalker- Thank you! The hair is not an easy thing to draw and I can assure you that I will get the coloring of it finished eventually! Thanks a lot!

SilSolo- Thank you!

Hopefully I will have something up soon. I apologize for not getting on it sooner... I've actually decided to finish this as my choice project for my art class so I will have it up ASAP!!! Thank you all for the very kind comments!

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    **waits patiently, and doesn't mind**

:D ;) :p

FF

9. PadawanDi

May 21, 2002
    Thank you all so much for waiting so patiently!

A Forbidden Love WIP

Unfortunately, I think I may have to recolor everything.
    Right now I'm just glad to have all of that hair finally finished! :p

10. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice job with Padme!!!=D=

AG88

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:

Ohhhhhh....

=D=

Pretty-pretty-pretty!! This is looking soooo lovely, PadawanDi! Padme's hair is stunning in the details (I can't do all that curly hair, myself--too hard! lol!)--beautiful contrasts there, and in her features. Just beautiful!

FF

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi PadawanDi and welcome! [:D]
    Sorry I didn't greet you any sooner, I'm not around her that often anymore. :(

But your drawings are great. =D=
    My favs are Obi and the forbidden love Padme. [face_love] The coloring of her is awesome!

I can't wait till you've finished the WIP! :)

13. PadawanDi

May 21, 2002
    Thank you all so much!

Well, I finally did finish my WIP. However, I turned it in for my choice project and my teacher wanted to hang on to it for a while. Plus I was not very happy with the Anakin that I had added, so once I get it back I most likely am going to fix it up a bit.

[face_idea] I've also had a bunch of new ideas pop into my head. Unfortunately, I have exams this upcoming week. I'm hoping to get something done. I can't promise anything very soon though. Thank you all so much for being so patient with me! :)

14. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Hi There PadawanDi! I'm really impressed with your progress from the beginning to this WIP that you have going now! You're really getting into some very solid form with your use of light and dark. The likeness is not only lovely but very expressive. Good work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.