main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph my band's debut EP

Discussion in 'Community' started by rocknroll41, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    That doesn't mean people have to be a **** about it. Just don't reply or report it to mods for locking / lock it yourself.

It's not like the OP hasn't posted on these boards before either, but that's not the point I was making, that shouldn't matter. The fact the OP isn't known to anyone on this community forum here means that some of the posters here use the lack of accountability (the OP's a newbie, and I don't know them, who cares?) to make disparaging comments about their post.

Let's not blow things out of proportion either, my point isn't about this thread specifically but these types of threads... I was just pointing out the fact that some people do this and don't seem to care at all... maybe it's just that a couple of people here in the UK have killed themselves recently due to comments made to them on social networking sites so it's at the forefront I guess...

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I said hello to you and you just ignore me, Matt. WTF?!? Who's the **** now?

Edit: my mistake. You liked my post. That's kinda half assed and lazy. But I guess it's acceptable.

3. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    ^^ Sorry Eeth-my-Koth I thought I had included a reply to you in my post. I apologise. How the devil are you?

If you saw my post history you would see that I am kinda half assed and lazy. I'm always getting in debates and giving up trying to prove my point :p

4. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I thought you brought up some valid points. PointGiven has a history of being a vinegar fresh session. We're still all quite amazed they made him a mod. He's probably the worst. Ramza is no better. I think they might be in kahootz. In fact, they were huge backers of the Sapient movement from a couple years back. You remember what a nightmare that was, right?

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well at least it isn't spamvertising. You're not telling us to go buy Air Jordan shoes, so silver lining and stuff.

6. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Cool I'll answer this one since you're probably referring to me.

Because as a professional artist that's how you're going to get treated in the real world. This isn't preschool. If one of my best friends shows me a turd I'll say it's a piece of crap. If someone I don't know does the same, I'll say the same. That's what being an artist is. Now if you want to play in your make believe sandbox of everyone wins at art and the weeds don't get weeded out, go ahead. But the real world is not like that and constructive criticism only goes so far in it. If something is bad enough it's just outright awful and you can't come up with a "well this part is good...". That compliment sandwich thing. I can't compliment any part of this guys music. The buns are missing.

The buns are missing.

Ender Sai likes this.
  7. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Nice assumption SLG. As I stated in the post of mine which you quoted, I am talking about threads of this type, not individuals. I'm not interested in making this personal.

8. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Ouch dude you're rude. Is this some kind of projecting thing? I'm the only one who crapped on the guy in this thread to such an extent, of course I'm going to respond as courtesy. And you just reply with a "herp derp nice assumption derp"

Learn some manners.

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Treating people like crap is not being professional in any world let alone the art world. Lets not compare JCC trolling to such.

That being said, this music is not chart topping good. Obviously your band can play music and so forth but it's like you need 5 years of 30+ hours a week of practice. I cannot sing, I cannot for the life of me play an instrument, but I made it to the 2 minute mark of each tune and it's nothing I need to hear again.

When you watched American Idol what you have seen is Simon Cowel telling people to give up they don't have it and so forth. In this case I'd say don't stop trying to get better but making a living with music is in a far away place.

I would place this in the realm of Star Wars fan fiction that people will make fun of, but is not the worst thing in the world.

10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    OK, VLM, just going to stop you there for a moment. In music, it is absolutely and 110% correctly how you will be treated and SLG gave the same kind of answer an A&R man would give. I know; I was in a band in my late teens and we shipped demos round. They get so damn many hopefuls sending them stuff that they've no choice but to say "you're good, but you need to be great" (in very rare cases) or "Whatever "it" is, you haven't got it."

So, for you to say "treating people like crap is not being professional in any world let alone the art world", and the experiences of people who have actually been in this world so wildly differs, one of two conclusions can be reached:

a) You're talking out of your backside, and should amend the remark with a qualifier like "but I've never actually experienced this so it's basically just something I made up", or
    b) You live in a reality akin to the end of the Radioactive Man movie episode of the Simpsons, where everyone is loving and supportive in the professional arts.

Either way, the short answer is "lolno".

Sith-Lord-Gunray and tom like this.
  11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Haha. You're funny.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i just loved how vlm, in the guise of trying to be supportive, made by far the most insulting comparison in the thread.

Zapdos likes this.
  13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

Shenanigans! You didn't "Like" it. [face_talk_hand]

See? We need a "Love" button.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    So, you did make that comment on the basis of zero evidence or research (GOOOOOOO SCIENCE)?

15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

Please don't stop.

16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    No martyrdom in this thread, please. Stop this.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Do you mean martyrdom as in "woe is me", or as in "if I blow myself up for this dubious cause and at the apparent whim of an entirely fictitious entity, I'll get an SUV and 72 virgins in the afterlife"?

Both are applicable, I just need clarification.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I wish I had a SUV. I'd put that funny Calvin sticker on it.

19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I think he was politely asking montie to stfu.

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    That must be it.

21. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Not him: everyone. Let's get back to this poor guy's music.

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Okay.... so yeah, it really is pretty terrible.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The flip side would be, though, that you'd become One Of Those SUV Drivers.

Is it worth it?

24. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Everything for the Calvin sticker.

I'd give a honest review if I wasn't browsing from a half-dead netbook with no sound. Maybe tomorrow!

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    But you could also listen to deftones! Or any other Chino project, like Team Sleep, ††† or Palms!