main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends * My Brothers Keeper.* (Obi, Owan, Qui, Dex, OC's AU/JA 23rd May " Home sweet home *The End"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabideuphonium

rabideuphonium Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    Awww, poor baby.

"Doesn't he?"

*heart melts* Of course he doesn't honey, don't be sad! How is it that your story can bring me to the point of baby-talking at my monitor? Never a good sign for one's mental health. Ah well, brilliant as ever. Thanks for the PM!!!

-rabideuphonium

2. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Oh wow, I loved this update! You show Qui-Gon's compassionate side so well. That is certainly the best thing for poor, depressed Obi-Wan. I'm very happy that he was able to open up and tell the whole story, so many misunderstandings just made Obi-Wan more upset. I noticed that he didn't tell Qui-Gon about giving up Owan, I'm guessing that is what he's regretting so much. I can't wait for more, excellent update!!! =D= =D= =D=

3. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    "The Council they didn?t have a choice, there were no Knights available to take on any apprentices. So they didn?t want to know if I was innocent or not, they just thought it better if we were all shipped off to the Agri-Corps, we were all too old to stay much longer anyway.?

*is once more glad that her plans for galactic domination include taking down the Council*

Now that you know the benfits of being a Sith Gkilkenny, you could always join us. ;) *hands you a card that says, "Sith Lords and Ladies R US"* :D

Ani-maniac

4. AriaJediKnight

AriaJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    Poor Obi Wan. He's sad and confused. At least Qui Gon will watch over him. Erm...Sorry I haven't been around lately. I've been really busy. Then it wouldn't let me onto my acount for some reason. Great story. Can't wait to read the rest.
    Rachel

5. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    They didn?t give me a chance to defend myself.Obi-wan said and then he whispered.
    "I felt it you know."

?Felt what Obi-wan.? Qui asked.

"The Council they didn?t have a choice, there were no Knights available to take on any apprentices.
    So they didn?t want to know if I was innocent or not, they just thought it better if we were all shipped off to the Agri-Corps, we were all too old to stay much longer anyway.?

for some reason that part bout gave me the chills! i suppose i was thinking about all obi has been through, and the pain he's feeling right now.. all because of some stupid rule..

so sad!

lovely update! i'm glad qui is there for obi now! it seems he's on his way to helping obi through this and setting things right...

look forward to the next part!
    [:D]

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    obi-fan_Kenobi
    Thanks They will be a god team providing Mace apologises

Obi needs some confidence[face_worried]

Valairy_ScotIt is a tought life being a Jedi
    and even tougher when he gets off to a bad
    start as Obi has:D Thanks

Star_Drifter
    Great about Darth RL Throw away the Key or better still post it to me and I will make sure RL stays a
    prisoner[face_laugh] :D

kenobiwanobi Obi has a ways to go before he is totally happy[face_worried]

rabideuphonium"Baby Talking to your Monitor?"
    [face_laugh] 8-} [face_laugh] Welcome to in sanity
    isn't it wonderful:D

LilyHobbitJedi Yep
    Sometimes I can believe Qui-Gon has compassion
    He sounded so cold in the Movie

Ani-maniac Wow.. "Sith Lords and Ladies R Us
    Very evil looking card ![face_devil]

My compliments to the Artist=D=

AriaJediKnightThanks Glad your back Darth RL gets to all of us [face_good_luck]
    but unfortunately it is a necessary Evil[face_devil] :D

obi_webb You know me A bit of sadness a lot of angst and lovely mush.:D
    MMMMMMmm I think I am getting boring[face_tired] I think a bit of evil is on the horizon next time round.[face_devil] (different story)

7. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

?No Obi-wan Master Windu doesn't feel that way, he feels very bad about what happened? Qui-Gon stated.

?Then why has he avoided me, I remember every word he said to me that day in the Council chambers
    and he said he never wanted to see me again?. Obi said.

Obi-wan would you tell me what happened in the chambers?? Qui-asked.
    ?I suppose so? he answered.

?I asked the council did they explain to the parents about what happens if their child is not chosen.

[Memory sequence]
    Are the parents told that if their child is not chosen for whatever reason, they are sent to work at the Agri corps whether that child wants to or not??
    ?Never to become what you tell them we will become.
    Did you tell my parents there was a chance I would not become a Jedi, did you allow them the choice then that maybe their son would be better off staying with loving parents instead of being sent to an institution where we are never treated as children just a product, and if that product is bad for whatever reason
    it is sent away.?

I remember Master Windu got annoyed at my question, they said I could go home, but Master Windu said.

You will relinquish all rights to return to the Temple and if you change your mind and decide that going back to your birth family is not what you want, I am sorry to say that you will not be accepted back here.
    ?Do I make myself clear young man, Your anger is what has made our decision easier, we had such high hopes for you but your arrogant and
    stubborn ways have destroyed any chance of you becoming a Jedi.

So I answered him, I guess I got angry and said more than I should.

?Masters I will go never to return and I promise you that I will uphold the Jedi honour and never use the force for evil or for my, as you put it own arrogance and angry way, but I must say this and even though it is highly disrespectful I believe I must say it.

I worked hard for my place here at the Temple, I didn?t ask to come here, I wasn?t given a choice, and
    now I believe my parents weren?t really given a choice either, but up until a few months ago, I was convinced that I had upheld the tradition and the code of the Jedi, I was attentive and did not cause any trouble
    I thought my good behaviour would assure my place as a Jedi.

But lies and deceit are rife within this Temple, and I believe the Council are blind, arrogant and self centred.
    You do not care about the initiates or their families, you just take and when it doesn?t suit you, then you just
    abandon children who have never known any other home but this one, in essence you all are our parents.
    How do you sleep knowing you turn your own children out.

Mace sat there allowing the boy to speak, but he was getting annoyed at what the boy was saying it seemed to be hitting a nerve in his soul somewhere and he didn?t like the feeling.
    ?Enough? Master Windu shouted, we have listened to you words now leave, and don?t come back!? he said as he pointed to the door.
    Master Windu realised as soon as he said it that he had done exactly what Obi-wan had done, Lost his temper.

Obi-wan smiled and then bowed slightly, he slowly turned around and with his head held high he walked out the door and out of the Jedi Temple.)

* end of memory*

Qui-Gon smiled at Obi-wan and he said. ?I can see why Master Windu and most of the Councillors have been ducking for cover.
    ?They had made an error in judgement and have been trumped by a mere boy.

?Obi-wan would it be alright if I ask Master Windu to come over, he wants too but, he knows he hurt you unnecessarily.

?I s-suppose he can if he wants too.? obi stuttered.

Qui-Gon contacted Mace and before long he had arrived at Qui-Gons, Obi-wan was sitting on the couch when he entered the room.

?Hello Obi-wan? he said as he stepped over to the couch and knelt down in front of Obi-wan.
    ? I wish to apologise to you. ?You were right? in what you said in the Council chambers,
    and I must confess my answer to you, stemmed from anger, that you a mere boy had the nerve

8. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Had to delurk to say : :D :D :D =D=

9. Obi-fan_Kenobi

Obi-fan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2006
    =D= A really great post!=D= =D=
    Finally Mace and the entire council see how dumb they were.
    I am that Qui-Gon reassure Obi about his brother because I think that it was Obi's greatest fear: to have failed Owan.

The flash back on the council room was sad and funny in the same time. Well, sad because the Council basically banish Oib from the Order and funny because Obi manage to make Mace lose his temper. Not very good for a Jedi, especially a Council member.
    Obi reminds me of a certain big Master Jedi when he defied them.
    I am sure that said big Jedi and Obi will be grat for each other.

10. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    How very wonderful...It was a priceless post!!Great job!!!!!~

11. rabideuphonium

rabideuphonium Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    Aawww!

I'm such a sucker for the mush factor, and I must say that you mush factor quite well! Glad that they all (well, except for the other padawans, poor things) got their happy endings. Plus Mace got shown up, which always brings a smile! Thanks for the post and the PM!

-rabideuphonium

12. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    I'm so happy that Mace finally apologized and that Obi-Wan is finally Qui-Gon's apprentice. It was a terrific chapter!! =D= =D=

13. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I am still holding Darth RL prisoner, and I tried to throw the key away, but it came right back to me! [face_beatup]

?Hello Obi-wan? he said as he stepped over to the couch and knelt down in front of Obi-wan.
    ? I wish to apologise to you. ?You were right? in what you said in the Council chambers,
    and I must confess my answer to you, stemmed from anger, that you a mere boy had the nerve to stand up to us.

We were supposed to be the leaders, and we let our duty to the Senate override our duty to our own.
    You made me feel incompetent and I didn?t like the feeling, so I voiced my anger instead of contemplating what you said.

?When you left, I thought about what you had said and I was disgusted with myself.?

See, even Master's sometimes have problems with anger management! [face_mischief]

Obi-wan felt a bit strange being there knowing what he had said the last time he was there, but all the Councillors made him feel welcome.
    By the time the ceremony was over he was the happiest Padawan alive.

Wonderful! :D

Thanks for the PM and great update, my friend! [:D]

Star

14. AriaJediKnight

Jul 9, 2005
    YAY!!!!! Obi's happy again. :D But will he ever see his brother again?[face_thinking] I hope he does.[face_praying]
    Rachel

15. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    :D i suppose i forgive mace now!
    a lovely post, and i liked how you fit the flashback in. reading that again, make mace's apology that much more effective.
    i really liked how dex didn't even recognize obi at first. i imagine he is seeing obi with a big weight lifted off his shoulders.
    and BORING you say? i don't know what stories you're talking about, but it certainly couldn't have been anything you've written and CERTAINLY not this one! every story i've read of yours has been fantastic and this is no exception!
    course, i certainly don't object if you wanna write something more EVIL next time[face_devil] i know you have readers who have wanted an evil fic for awhile!
    whatever you write after this, evil or not, i'm sure it'll be terrific!

16. Ani-maniac

Jul 5, 2005
    Qui-Gon smiled at Obi-wan and he said. ?I can see why Master Windu and most of the Councillors have been ducking for cover.They had made an error in judgement and have been trumped by a mere boy."

And they wonder why we Sith defeated them. :D

After Dex had filled them both to the brim with food, they left. But not before Dex made Qui-Gon promise to bring Obi-wan back so he could make sure he was being fed properly.

I am glad Obi-Wan is back were he belongs. And I am sure Dex will make sure he is well fed, lol.

Wonderful work as always, Gkilkenny! [:D]

Ani-maniac

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Awww.

Safe? ?I haven?t felt safe for a long time? he sniffed.

Obi-wan looked into Qui-Gons eyes and whispered. ?What will happen to me now??
    ?What should have happened to you months ago? Qui-Gon said as he slipped of the couch and knelt
    in front of the boy.
    ?Obi-wan Kenobi, would you do me the honour of becoming my Padawan?? Qui-Gon asked.
    Tears flowed again freely down his face but they were tears of joy, this time.
    He flung himself at Qui-Gon who engulfed him in a hug. ?Oh yes Master, I would be honoured to be your apprentice.?

So satisfying. Happy sigh.

18. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

jodiwent De-lurking is good[face_dancing] Thanks

Obi-fan_KenobiThe council should hide their heads like the Emis do in the sand[face_laugh]

kenobiwanobiThank you [:D] [face_dancing]

rabideuphoniumIt is fun isn't it a bit of angst and then a lot of mush[:D]

LilyHobbitJedi Yep it is great to be Qui's Padawan:D

Star_Drifter Did you let RL loose beacuse I have been
    bombarded with RL for the last few days.
    I need sleepI-)

AriaJediKnight His brother? ummmm let me see!!
    I will let you know soon.:D

obi_webb It is alright to forgive Mace this time
    so your not bored, then I guess I will make Obi evil just for fun.[face_laugh] [face_devil]

Ani-maniacYou are so right they didn't see it coming , so much for trusting the force[face_thinking]

Valairy_Scot A Happy Paddy[face_dancing]

19. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

The next few weeks were filled with intensive
    training sessions.
    But Obi-wan was so excited when Qui-Gon
    supervised the making of Obi-wans first sabre.
    They spent hours together shaping the handle so it fit perfectly in Obi-wans hand.
    Qui-Gon explained, that the sabre had to be perfectly balanced
    and should have a comfortable grip.
    Once they had finished putting the computer chips and power cells in it was time for the crystal.

Qui-Gon took him to the cave of crystals and the force guided Obi-wan to a beautiful blue crystal.

?This one Master, I would like this one? Obi-wan said smiling brightly.
    Qui-Gon smiled as well and thought (What a brilliant smile he has it is a shame he doesn?t use it often,
    there must be something I can do to make him smile like that all the time,)

Once the sabre was built, the sparring sessions increased, for in a few weeks they would be called upon to go on missions.

Dex had called and invited them for last meal at his diner, and when they arrived Dex being his usual self practically hugged Obi-wan to pieces.

?Qui-Gon my friend, good to see you again, and ?Come here my Obi! and give me a hug!!?
    Qui-Gon stepped back and noticed the flush of embarrassment turn his pale faced Padawan into a pink faced Padawan.

?Dex your squashing me!? Obi said as the air was squeezed out of his lungs.
    Dex burst out laughing, ?Well then you had better eat more, you are still too skinny for my liking.?
    ?A bit of muscle ?here? and ?here? he poked Obi in the ribs, which brought a smile to Obi?s face.

?Don?t do that it tickles!? Obi said wriggling out of his grip.

?Ah hah? Qui-Gon smirked. ?I have found a weapon to make you laugh? he joked winking at Dex.
    ?Noo? Master you wouldn?t do that to me ?would you?? Obi pretended to beg.

?No my young Padawan, but it is definitely nice to see you smile? he answered.

Dex brought over a banquet, the table was full of delicious foods, and while Obi-wan was filling his ribs.
    the two older friends chatted.

?So Qui-Gon have you two been on any missions yet?? Dex asked.

?No not yet, but I think Obi-wan is nearly ready and I think I will give the Council a bit of a nudge,and ask for a mission.

?Wow Master that would be great? Obi said as he put more food in his mouth.
    Dex and Qui-Gon were chuckling and didn?t notice the Woman and small boy standing outside looking in at them eating.

But Obi-wan did and when he looked at the woman she reminded him of his Mother, her hair was the same colour and she was of similar build, and her little boy was crying.

Obi-wan froze and could not take his eyes off them and his fork fell to the plate making a loud noise.
    Both men turned to look at Obi and saw the look of complete dismay, spread across his features.

Qui-Gon immediately sensed the overwhelming sadness radiating from Obi-wan, he was remembering his own family, and seeing that little boy must have reminded him of his own brother.

Obi-wan?s eyes dropped to the plate and he thought ( How can I eat when they are so cold and hungry)

Qui-Gon felt the emotions through their bond.
    Dex seemed to understand as well and he got up and went outside.
    Next minute Obi-wan who still had his head bowed felt a small hand on his sleeve, he looked up and sitting next to him was the little boy. ?Hello? he said.

Obi-wan swallowed the food in his mouth and stammered ?hello? back.
    He glanced up and Dex was giving the woman a shawl and they were talking.
    Then Dex brought her over and said.

?Obi-wan you don?t mind if we share our meal with this nice lady and her boy , ?do you??

?No I don?t mind! I would love too? he smiled as he moved over and the little boy sat closer.
    Obi-wan picked up some food and put it on the plate in front of the boy. ?What is your name??
    he asked.
    ?My name is Robbi, he answered and that?s my mother.?
    She smiled and said ?My name is Shauna, we have just arrived on Corruscant and I was looking for a place to stay?

?Well your in luck my dear, I have a small room out the back and I nee

20. Obi-fan_Kenobi

Obi-fan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2006
    :_| :_| Only one post left!!!:_|:_|

I absolutly love Obi's and Dex's friendship. Dex was one of my favourite character in Episode II. He has such a big heart! Just like Obi! Too bad he didn't appear in Revenge of the Sith even if only for one scene.

Just like Obi-Wan I can't wait for their first mission. and knowing our favourite team I just can't imagine that the mission will be boring as Qui-Gon seems to think.

You can see that Obi conquered Qui's heart, and inversely. They will heal each over with time.

Thank you for your message.

21. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    I just love it how Obi-Wan has finally started opening up to everyone, especially to Qui-Gon. It was very cool that Dex offered to help that woman and her child. I'm really very curious to see what this mission will bring. Wonderful chapter!=D= =D=

22. Ani-maniac

Jul 5, 2005
    ?No not yet, but I think Obi-wan is nearly ready and I think I will give the Council a bit of a nudge, and ask for a mission."

I don't think the Council likes to be "nudged." ;)

But maybe now they have learned their lesson where Qui-Gon is concerned. :D

Great work!

Ani-maniac

23. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    wonderful post! it's nice to see obi coming around:cool:
    and always a pleasure to see dex! i look forward to seeing what the mission involves..
    part of me thinks it's gonna be more complex then just legal documents, but with one post to go..

24. AriaJediKnight

Jul 9, 2005
    Great post. I en-wait did you say one post left? NUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this one. It's so sweet. Well I like all of your stories but I love this one too.
    Rachel

25. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I'm afraid that Darth RL did get the keys from me one day, GK, and I haven't been able to get them back! I have just been telling it to "go away," but I promise I didn't send it over to you on purpose! Sorry! [face_worried]

[face_idea] Leave my friend alone, Darth RL! [face_shame_on_you]

Qui-Gon immediately sensed the overwhelming sadness radiating from Obi-wan, he was remembering his own family, and seeing that little boy must have reminded him of his own brother.

Obi-wan?s eyes dropped to the plate and he thought ( How can I eat when they are so cold and hungry)

Obi-Wan is always thinking about others, isn't he! [face_love]

But only one more post in this story, too? Nooooooo! :_|

Must calm down and think about Evil Obi, Evil Obi... [face_skull]

Ahhhh, now I feel better! [face_batting]

Thanks for the PM and wonderful update, my friend! [:D]

Star

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.