main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My browser isn't liking the JC

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Rox , Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    In the picture below is an image of what keeps happening to me in Internet Explorer. None of the ads show up here or on the main page. normally I wouldn't care, but my page loading speeds are slow and I can't use the back button on either site. Anyone else having problems like this?

[image=http://www.vlattimo.com/jc.jpg]

2. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I've had this problem before. It's usually the ads that cause this problem. Every now and then they don't want to load. You could always clear your cache and see if that helps.

3. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Hmmm, I have ultra slow issues at work...I'm at a hospital with a damned fast connection, except for the JC.

Its fine at home...

And the ads arent the problem...they load up just fine.

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    It is definetly an IE issue. The ads work fine with netscape. I might try updating IE.

5. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Clear your cache & cookies and see if it works. If not, then smack it until it learns some discipline.

6. BoxOfficeMan

BoxOfficeMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2002
    Yeah, I've had that happen on occasion and the boards are insanely slow on a 56K. I've been to another board with similar features as this at the council-of-elrond.com, and theirs loads up significantly faster. Oh, and I hate the ads, but believe it or not, at the IGNboard they honest to god have flash ads! Once when I was posting an image popped up right where I wanted to post!

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Rox -- are you running Norton Internet Security or the like? I am, and I stop pop-up ads and banners ads and that's what my browser looks like (IE 6.0SP1). Maybe that's it?

8. MrMarcus

MrMarcus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2003
    hay, Rox.
    I don't know if had been suggested already, but did you try clearing your cache, cookies, and temp files? :)

9. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    I had the same problem until I decided to switch to Netscape and the problem is gone now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.