main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Butterfly-A Young Qui-Gon Jinn Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Renton Kenobi, Sep 24, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade's Fire2003

Jade's Fire2003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 1999
    Come on Renton what's going on?

2. JEDIAKASH

JEDIAKASH Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2000
    This looks to be sad, but please prove me wrong, Renton. Very nice so far, and it should remain that way! Please!

3. JEDIAKASH

Oct 3, 2000
    Are you posting soon, Renton? Just wondering, no pressure.

4. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    No Pressure! Of course there's pressure. Come one Renton, I'm suffering from fanfic withdrawal because none of the archives I go to update often. Please!!!

5. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Renton?
    Hello is anyone here?

6. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Is anyone else getting close to giving up on this story?

7. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    "Qui-Gon what's eating you?" His friend Mace Windu asked him as they made their way to the practice hall. "You haven't spoke all morning. You nervous about the trials??"

"Sorry Mace, I haven't been thinking straight." Qui-Gon was lying through his teeth and Mace knew it. Knowing he wouldn't get by with it he needed to tell him, or someone. "Catalia is sick again."

"Are you serious?" Mace asked him. "She just got over being sick." Qui-Gon nodded slowly. "She needs to see a healer."

"Catalia has seen all of the healers." He told Mace. "They all come up with the same answer, they have no idea what's wrong with her."

"I see why you would be upset." Mace said as he pulled out his lightsaber. "You know you don't have to be here. If she needs you why don't you be with her, I'll cover for you."

Qui-Gon pulled his lightsabe back onto his belt and said. "Thank you."

The bedroom was completely dark when Qui-Gon came into the room. When his hand reached to turn on the light but he was stopped short. "Don't, my eyes hurt."

Crawling into bed with her he put his arms around her. "Do you want me to take you to the healers??"

"No more please."

8. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
  9. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Oooo, my like!

And thank you for finally posting Renton!

10. JEDIAKASH

Oct 3, 2000
    Finally!! I was going to give up on this, but I'm glad that I didn't. Great story, and I hope posts will be a tad bit more frequent. Please?? :)

11. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Many hours had passed since Qui-Gon had come home. He just layed there holding her in his arms, sending strength to her through the force. What else can he do?

But whatever he did, he couldn't loose her.

The following day Catalia felt much better. She leaned up against the wall as she watched Qui-Gon cook them breakfast.

12. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    First sick, now better... What's going on with Catalia?

13. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    "Up up and away."

14. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Qui-Gon watched Catalia as she ate their breakfast. "How are you feeling?" He finally asked. She told him she felt fine, but still a little queazy. "Maybe you should see a healer?" Catalia shook her head no. "Catalia, this has gone on long enough."

"Look Qui-Gon you would understand where I am coming from if you have been going to the healers about every week for the most of your life." She snapped as she picked up his plate. He wasn't even done but decided it was not best to start trying to argue with her.

Standing up he stood and kissed the inside of your kneck. "If it gets any worse promise me that you will see a healer Catalia." She stoped cleaning the plates and thought about it. "Please Cat, please promise me you will do it."

"I promise Qui."

15. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Curiouser and curiouser...

16. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Hmmmm. I wonder what's going to happen.

17. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
  18. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Please post more soon!

19. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Please don't abandon us again!

20. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Oy Vey, I feel very alone with no one else posting in between me...

21. Master_Tahl

Master_Tahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    Don't be lonely. I'm here :)
    Now we just need to find Renton.

22. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    The weeks went by with no change in Catalia's condition. Looking out to the skyline Catalia's face took in the warm sun. The heat on her face felt good. Qui-Gon was off on his trials with his friend Mace Windu.

She had been like this all of her life. The day she was born the healers told her parents she wouldn't live past ten. Now she was twenty-five. Oh how she could remember the emergency trips to the Healers in the middle of the night. The pain killers and antibiotics just to keep things going smoothly.

But she couldn't deny it. Time was running out.

She lived far past what the healers had expected for her. It was hard for her to talk about her condition with anyone. Even Qui-Gon couldn't touch on it too much without getting her upset. Running her thin hand through her long hair she continued to write in her journal. Telling her thoughts and her dreams. It was the one thing she could confess anything to.

23. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Awe, that part was somehow both a mix of sad and cute at the same time.

24. Tyra-Sigel

Tyra-Sigel Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Boo! I love the story Renton! And I want to know what's wrong with Catalia, too. Write more? Please?

25. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Well...I'm going to finish my story with one big post. I would like to thank those who have stuck with this story and not gave up on me when it took me forever to post. I hope you enjoy the ending *in other words I hope it makes you cry ;-)*

Here we go.

"An honor it is to have had you for my padawan." Yoda anounced as Qui-Gon knelt on one knee in front of his Master. "But steped into a larger world you have. My padawan you are no longer."

And with a twist of a vibro-shiv Qui-Gon felt his braid that marked his title vanish from his scalp, making him feel naked yet honored he has passed his trials.

A honorable applause made it's way over the small audience witnessing the knighting of Qui-Gon. He stood and bowed to his former Master.

And now the ceremony was over. He was now a Jedi Knight. Turning back down the stairs from the stage he walked over to his beloved Cat who had been well enough to see him be Knighted. Giving him a small kiss on the cheek she gave him a hug. "I'm so proud of you Qui-Gon."

He smiled and huged her longer. "Thank you Cat." Smiling he laughed. "I feel completely naked without my braid. Maybe I'll just grow out my hair. Only if you would like that of course."

"I think I would like that Qui-Gon." She said thoughtfully. "I think long hair would suit you nicely." Taking his large hand into hers she pulled him. "Comon why don't we go home? I'm really tired."

"Okay." Qui-Gon walked with her. Taking in her beauty. Everynight he prayed that the force would give him one more day with her. Knowing at any time she could be taken away from her.

He knew she was sick. Catalia had been sick all of her life, but fought an on going battle with her body wanting to give up on life, but with a soul that held on. Since he could remember he had looked out for her. Starting as friends they ended up as lovers. But they had never made love. Waiting until he had been Knighted so they could get married. Only until then because as she said. 'Don't want to add another life form into the equation when it isn't necessary.'

They had finally reached Catalia's quarters, now his as well. Punching the code to the door it hissed open silently and he picked her up with her giggling and kicking her legs. Walking in he used his foot to shut the door behind them. Making his way to the bedroom he laid her down on the bed and he ploped down next to her. Kicking off his boots and pulling off his layers of tunic revealing his muscled chest.

Crawling over to him, Catalia fused next to him draping one of her lanky arms across his chest. And they both found sleep came quickly in eachothers arms.

For the next few days Catalia's body was actually coperating and she could function normally with out any concern. Sitting in the fountain room with Qui-Gon the were sitting in there favorite spot in the temple. Under a Benalian Willow tree by the stream that fell off the edge forming the waterfall. They met there almost everyday. Just to be with eachother. Catalia was sitting in Qui-Gon's lap as he read to her, her favorite book. She loved it when Qui-Gon read to her. His voice was soothing to her and loved for him just to talk to her when she was sick, it made all the diffrence in the world.

And when they finished reading they just sat there enjoying the beauty of the fountains and the waterfall. Qui-Gon lightly kissed the curve in Cat's kneck which made her giggle because he was letting his facial hair grow out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.